Fighting over the monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 17th, 2007, 07:01 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Fighting over the monitor

Here's what Vegas does. I'm editing along just fine in Vegas, using my monitor via firewire, I open DVDA to burn a DVD, instantly, DVDA takes over my monitor with a blue screen, I guess DVDA production screen. So my question, is Vegas just getting confused?
Old July 20th, 2007, 11:42 AM   #2
Regular Crew

How many monitors is in your setup? I have 3 monitors and sometimes the application jumps to the third monitor and comes across all three screens and I only see the middle or far right side of the window which is blue. But I just tried your problem on my deck and have no problems with both programs running. You might have to reinstall DVDA to see if it solves the problem.
Old July 20th, 2007, 12:06 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks for the reply

Via Firewire, I only have the one production monitor setup. For instance; if I am editing using the production monitor via firewire, and I open DVDA to burn a dvd, DVDA will take over the production monitor preview and not give it back to Vegas until I close DVDA. It's odd, and annoying. This doesn't affect my pc preview at all.
Old July 20th, 2007, 11:13 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Steven, I stand to be corrected but, as I recall, if you de-select the "close media files when not the active application" box in Vegas (Options - Preferences - General), this should allow Vegas to remain active when you launch DVDA while Vegas is still running.
The other thing to try is disabling the external preview function in DVDA.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...