Show Your Work 2007 - Page 31 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old May 7th, 2007, 05:18 AM   #451
Trustee

I used to think that people that gave Prozac to their dogs were frivolously wasting money. I was wrong to think that.
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:33 AM   #452
Trustee

Good stuff. Can you mount a camera on one of the bikes? Even if you did a re-shoot after an event of a bike going around the course it would add a nice dimension to the video. The editing was good in that it was quick enough to keep up the excitement but not jarring.
Old May 7th, 2007, 11:49 AM   #453
Regular Crew

Tonight is the first viewing yall!!!
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:33 PM   #454
Trustee

I don't get IFC but I'm trying to get a friend to record it on his HD TIVO.
Old May 8th, 2007, 10:44 AM   #455
Regular Crew

"Jeremy's Wednesday" (short film shot with DVX)

This is a short film I shot and edited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8VzfRExCSM
Old May 8th, 2007, 11:39 AM   #456
Regular Crew

I'm literally repulsed 5 seconds in by the food. I think it was filmed nicely, I wasn't too big on the angle used on the woman though. A little too close and at a weird angle. Camera work might have been just a little shakey.

I thought the audio was done very well though. You use a shotgun mic, or just the one on board the DVX?
Old May 8th, 2007, 03:12 PM   #457
Regular Crew

Shoreline Broadcast News Opener

In my 10th grade Broadcast Speech class if we don't have anything to do I like to shoot funny little intros for the daily announcements, this is one of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bJx8mLE5z0
Old May 8th, 2007, 03:19 PM   #458
Regular Crew

I'll be honest, I turned it off before it got any further than the food close-ups. Definitely an acquired taste.
Old May 8th, 2007, 05:23 PM   #459
Regular Crew

light queries

Marcus, Thanks for your comment, if you would like to see much higher res versions (20mb.) go to http://www.alicespringsfilmtv.com.au/welcome.shtml
and select sample videos from the menu at left.

I can't take credit for the great light, that goes to the man above, or as a friend of mine calls him, "the big gaffer"! We do use 2 large reflectors on talent, home made aluminum frames with silver spandex material pegged over them. These are about 6' X 10' each. (We also use a home-made dolly with skate board wheels mounted on plastic pipe)

We have beautiful light here in Alice Springs, right in the middle of a continent the size of mainland US, but with no pollution. All effects were FCP and kept to a minimum, the old KISS principle, especially suited to country music videos.

If you have any queries on specific shots and the effects used on any video, please ask and I'll look at the timeline to refresh my memory!.
Aloha.
Old May 8th, 2007, 06:03 PM   #460
Trustee

What is the name of the program as seen on a TV listing? "Red Meat" isn't showing up in the TIVO schedule. Is it called "Media Lab"?
Old May 8th, 2007, 11:29 PM   #461
Major Player

Actually the audio was roomy on a couple shots, but who cares.

I thought the guy's costume and acting was hysterical, loved the over the top cliches and absurdity of it. Reminded me of the first office scene in "Joe vs. the Volcano"

The girl got way too much screen time for me, and I'd prefer a shorter version, but I dug it nevertheless. The disgusting close-ups on the food were a great touch.
Old May 9th, 2007, 12:19 PM   #462
Major Player

Just a quick update to let you all know that the movie is now available for pre-order through our website:

www.casicasi.com

If you use the link on our website, you will be directed to the page on Amazon with our movie for sale. By using that specific link, we get an extra comission from Amazon, and you get their very low price (currently only $13.99!), so everybody wins!

Also, I should add that you can put it on your Netflix or Blockbuster cues! I'm sure you'll all get a kick out of it. Thanks for your continued support!
Old May 9th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #463
Major Player

Looking forward to seeing your movie, Jaime (i know, shame on me for not having seen it yet) I'm sure I'll enjoy it a lot. Te felicito por todo lo logrado hasta ahora. Keep it up. Something tells me you and I will be contenders in future cinema festivals with movies shot with the RED ONe...;-)
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:08 PM   #464
Major Player

That's hilarious! Couple of things to look out for though. The volume difference between the classroom scene and the hallway scene is huge. I understand why the difference is there, but it shouldn't be that big. I cranked up my speakers all the way to hear what they were saying, only to get blasted by "I AM A JEDI! I AM A JEDIIIII!". Other than that, it was funny. Solid piece, my friend.
Old May 10th, 2007, 12:46 PM   #465
Regular Crew

First time showing my work.

Hello, I've been around this forum for some time, and I decided it's time to show some of my work. The following clip is a promotional video for a Tequila, it was shot with a Sony Z1, all the footage was captured to the cineform codec and edited in Premiere Pro, FX work done in AFX and Lightwave. Let me know what you think about it! This clip shows my hardest ever camera work; shooting a fighting bull... I ran a lot that day.

Download a MPEG file from: ftp.8cho.com.mx Login: guest@8cho.com.mx pass:guest

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work