Is RT.X2 Worth it? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 25th, 2007, 11:01 PM   #16
New Boot

Mike, have you played with the new native P2 MXF support in Premiere CS3 as comparred to the added MXF support given by the Matrox Axio LE?
Jim Kunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 09:28 AM   #17
Major Player

Yes, I have used both,and they are very similar. I have actually had better luck with the Adobe version. In my most recent project, Matrox refused to import some of our MXFs that were 1080i60, but the 720p24 worked fine in both. Besides that, I have had few issues with either option. We convert it to MPEG I-Frame 100 for better performance regardless, but the new update allows me to do that without tying up my AXIO system for the conversions. Axio allows AVI reference-type files to be created to give MXF access to other applications. I never re-export to P2, so I can comment on that functionality.
Old October 27th, 2007, 04:13 AM   #18
Regular Crew

One of the selling points of the RTX2 is its ability to output HDV to an 'inexpensive flat panel display monitor'. But just how 'inexpensive' is a monitor which has to be 1900x1200 and have DVI in ?
Mike Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2007, 05:22 AM   #19
Major Player

Hello Mike: I actually checked Newegg, and the 24" Monitors would fit the bill. They only had three, but two were 390.00 and the other was 380.00(all US curr). So pretty cheap to be honest(actually cheaper that I thought myself.. LOL).

I still am using my little analog out television(yes, I know I need to replace it since I am working with HDV, but the little switching I have to do for me is sort of a nonissue) that has been working for me since my X10 days..
Damon Gaskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2007, 07:35 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wade View Post
One of the selling points of the RTX2 is its ability to output HDV to an 'inexpensive flat panel display monitor'. But just how 'inexpensive' is a monitor which has to be 1900x1200 and have DVI in ?
Expensive compared to cheap low res computer LCD panels, but very inexpensive compared to other high resolution HD monitoring solutions. The closest solution for other products is to use a $500 SDI-> DVI converter. Luckily the widespread use of HDMI is beginning to change this paradigm.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite