Micro35 (original thread) - Page 10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old January 28th, 2005, 03:37 PM   #136
Major Player

Still very interested in seeing res and color charts too :-D
Aaron Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2005, 03:42 PM   #137
Trustee

I can't blame James for wanting to make sure interest is there as he proceeds. Let's just keep pushing him to get it done instead of griping about anything just yet. I'm just ecstatic that someone is taking it this far to make a finished purchase-able product. Kudos, James, and just git'r'done.

If you can provide the proof in the pudding I have no problem shelling out the cash for it. IF it works, and IF the quality of footage is true.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2005, 03:56 PM   #138
Micro35

I sure do. But I don't like leaving questions un-answered :).

The product for sell right now is my research that has been organized into a simple how-to-guide. What's a year and a half research and development, and several thousand dollars of failed experiments worth to you? From what I know now, I would have paid $500 for the guide a year ago.

The "Pre-Order" people are getting the "Guide". The "Guide" which explains how to build the $45 micro35 adapter. I think that's been made clear. That's why it's for sale already. Also, people that get the guide first, as I'd recommend, will get the $45 price of the guide deducted from the Kit and Pre-Assembled price. It also places them first in line for the initial release units.

The only product in development is the Kit & Pre-Assembled units. And it will continue to be in development until it is "perfect". But as a customer, you'll be notified about the updates, and will have access to my parts and vendors.

If you have any worries about the quality of the footage, please don't purchase anything, but please keep checking back because I will be post more footage (including res and color charts Aaron;) ).

T-Shirts sound cool. And maybe a sticker for the case.

I appreciate the comments Craig! Great suggestions!

Thanks Imran! If you go reading through these posts on dvinfo and dvxuser, you'll see I've been pulling for the indies for a long time! Not about to stop now!

james
James Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2005, 04:01 PM   #139
Trustee

ok so I can't have a till 3 weeks? what if I buy you parts?
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2005, 04:25 PM   #140
Micro35

Obin,
I've got the parts. That's not the delay. It's a few different things. I just want to make sure everything flows well (including the kits and pre-assembled units).

Ok, I've got to go work... Thanks guys.
Old January 28th, 2005, 04:49 PM   #141
Major Player

James, what you might want to try and to pacify myself and others is put one page online at your site of the guide - a page that won't give too much away, just a teaser of what is to come, then viewers can see the quality of the guide and the amount of work that went into it. I have seen others do this with great results.

Just a suggestion.
Leo Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2005, 05:53 PM   #142
New Boot

Sorry for asking this pretty stupid question.. but, this Micro35-adapter is driven with a CD-motor right?

At least it's not a static adapter, right?

The GG you are talking about, is that the size of a CD? You also mentioned the "NEW GG".. and something with laser. Didn't really get that part, explain if you can.

Thanks in advance
Eric Ohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 10:49 PM   #143
Regular Crew

How about the Sony HD FX1. I have done some film transfers of footage shot on FX1. Will the adaptor holds the resolution requred for the Hi Res image, for a film out?.
Maheel Perera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2005, 02:06 AM   #144
New Boot

XL2

If you need someone in the DFW area with an XL2 to test your adapter on, let me know. I'm just getting up to speed on all of this, but I'd be glad to lend a hand.

I do intend to purchase your guide and take a crack at making one myself.

Monty
Monty Markland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2005, 07:12 PM   #145
Regular Crew

I just added to the list. And its probably (just maybe) the first one flying to Spain. I really wish everything goes well and i can add the sticker and my smile to the next post!

Im not completely two left handed, so im willing to try make it by my own. And the price is worth to pay; even the complete micro35 as seen the rest of machines flying around.

Anyway, if it doesn´t work the first times im sure i will ask for one. And reccomend it to my fellow camera friends in my surroundings.

After being little selfilsh for a while and see their faces with the footage, of course...

It´s the first time i really enjoy (even smile) reading ten pages of so big thread. Really anxhious waiting!
Old January 31st, 2005, 09:27 AM   #146
Micro35

Hey Monty, I sent you an email.
Old January 31st, 2005, 10:56 AM   #147
Trustee

so what are we looking like now James? also James are you able to get professional metal mounts for the 35mm lens on the front of the micro35?
Old January 31st, 2005, 11:06 AM   #148
Micro35

DVX100 is good as of this weekend.

Yes, I've received the first batch of canon metal mounts.

More news to come.
Old January 31st, 2005, 02:33 PM   #149
Trustee

UI hate to push you James but we have an up coming project and I have been called to use the mini35 on it..what is the timeline looking like?
Old January 31st, 2005, 03:35 PM   #150
Major Player

OBIN

Dude I hate to say this but I would never experiment on a project that has any importance to me.. Sorry but you might want to consider figuring out another way to save the project by shooting at telephoto and wide open with the aperture or just shooting normal and adding a few effects in post.. I would also never try to do or sell a service to someone without knowing what my equipment can do.. As for this adaptor I serious doubt you will have the time to get the unit, learn how to shoot a new style with the image backwards and upside down and also learn new lighting techniques by the time James has a complete unit for you… sorry for the bad news. But it seems to be the truth about production.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods