Micro35 (original thread) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old January 17th, 2005, 05:57 PM   #16
Major Player

If those issues are a problem, James also mentioned he could build one for you. Might be a bit more, but can save you the hassle.

Any ETA on the guide James?
Kyle Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2005, 07:57 PM   #17
New Boot

Hey, this is my first post as well.

James, I'm wondering if you'd be able to tell me if your adapter can fit a GL-2, and not only a DVX100A. Is there some sort of simply modifcation I can make to have it fit?
Allen Liu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 03:48 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Also would it work on the XL2?
Rabi Syid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 10:50 AM   #19
Regular Crew

LINKS ARE DOWN!

Cant get a look at the .jpeg's and .mov cause the links are down.
Donnie Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 01:00 PM   #20
Major Player

yes, link's down.. :(
Old January 18th, 2005, 01:54 PM   #21
Micro35

Hey Guys,
Sorry about the server going down! I've had an incredible amount of interests, enough that my server couldn't handle them...

All is good though. Yes, I can put the drawings in metric. It will work with the XL2 and the GL-2. I'm trying to obtain mechanical drawings to make sure the fit just right. The way the device is designed, it really comes down to having a macro fit for the threads. If you guys looking for other cameras besides the dvx could email me your thread sizes, it may save me some time...

I will certainly be available to assemble these for you guys that are ready to shoot! Its really easy, as you guys already know, to get side-tracked on this kind of stuff instead of out there making the next big indie film!

Thanks again!
James Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 02:01 PM   #22
Major Player

i really liked the footage.

are you going to be selling the guide on how to make it or will it be free? what part of texas are you in?
Cody Dulock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 02:06 PM   #23
Micro35

I'll be selling the guide to try to recoup some of my expenses over the last year and a half of developing this. I'm hoping it will be around $30. My intent is to provide a guide that explains how to make it for less than the price of the guide! So far, so good!

I'll be spending the rest of the week finalizing the guide and should have it off to the printers by early next week.

Thanks for all the responses!

(DFW)
Old January 19th, 2005, 05:28 PM   #24
Major Player

Perhaps you could make a pdf version or ebook? But I'd understand if that is a bit more difficult to keep secure...

$30 sounds great...count me in.
Matt Champagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 09:47 AM   #25
New Boot

Just saw the footage and it looks great! I just bought a Canon XM-2 and would love to use your Micro35, so count me in for a guide .. or better a pre build Micro35.
Eric Gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 09:49 AM   #26
Micro35

Eric,
Thanks! I'm working on getting my hands on an XL1/XL2. I'm sure it would work today, but I'm trying to get it to work without the big lens that comes with the canon.

Make sure you're on the List!

www.micro35.com

Thanks again,

James
Old January 20th, 2005, 11:48 AM   #27
New Boot

<<<-- Originally posted by James Hurd : Eric,
Thanks! I'm working on getting my hands on an XL1/XL2. I'm sure it would work today, but I'm trying to get it to work without the big lens that comes with the canon.

Make sure you're on the List!

www.micro35.com

Thanks again,

James -->>>

I'm allready on the list... first thing I did when I read this thread. :-)

Oh and my cam is the Pal version of the Canon GL-2.. wish I had the XL-2 though.
Eric Gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 11:51 AM   #28
Micro35

GL-2 Will work too!
Old January 20th, 2005, 02:30 PM   #29
New Boot

Boy, your footage looks great. I'm impressed. I'd like to see the uncompressed version.

Last year, I made a half-hearted attempt to duplicate the Agus35 gadget. It worked, but my samples didn't look nearly as good as some others I saw. Then everybody took their designs in all sorts of directions. With the many variations that started showing up on the threads, I shelved the idea and decided to see what design would win out in the end.

It's nice to finally see that someone is willing to take the bull by the horns (or maybe in your instance, the horse by the reins) and put together something that people can understand and use.

I've added my name to your list and look forward to making a second attempt when I purchase your guide. Now that I'm a year wiser, I'm hoping that my experience and an improved design will result in much better footage.

For me, that would rock!!
Ramon Georges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 04:43 PM   #30
New Boot

Hi James

I'd be keen if it will fit the Panasonic GS400
Also I'm interested in an ebook version if you can figure some way of doing that.

Can you detail how much equipment you'd need to make the device i.e. Do you need engineering equipment such as a lathe etc? Feel free to point me to another thread if this has already been answered

Cheers
Mark
Mark Easton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods