The Movie Quote Game - Page 126 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old December 2nd, 2010, 08:13 PM   #1876
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Gribble View Post
Hmmmm -- I'm gonna bet decent money that I've not seen this one...
Same here. I'm following the thread, but this is just not one that I can place.

-Jon
Old December 2nd, 2010, 09:44 PM   #1877
Obstreperous Rex

Oh, come on now. Don't make me do this one. It's a personal favorite. Somebody else needs to step in here...

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 10:24 PM   #1878
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Surely you can't be serious. Don't make me do this one. It's a personal favorite. Somebody else needs to step in here...
Fixed that for you, no need to thank me.

Normally I'd resist in this situation, but given the lack of response I don't think it's so bad that I accidentally stumbled upon the answer a few days ago with the IMDB's quote of the day (and I didn't go looking for it, so technically it's not cheating).

This is "Forbidden Planet", starring the late Leslie Nielsen, if I'm not mistaken. Hadn't heard of it until he passed away, now I'm anxious to see what everyone's talking about.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 06:46 AM   #1879
Obstreperous Rex

Everybody I know who has seen that movie falls in love with it -- I'm sure you will, too Robert!

And now it's your turn to provide a quote...

Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:47 AM   #1880
Major Player

Bingo! Whew, I was getting worried. The first quote was taken straight from the trailer:

IMDb Video: Forbidden Planet

Here's the link to the movie on NetFlix:

Netflix: Rent as many movies as you want for only $8.99 a month! Free Trial
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 12:57 PM   #1881
Major Player

Character X, irritated, loses his patience and throws Y's blaring music player across the room. It goes quiet.

Y: Whoo! Tough guy.

X: Listen to me!

Y: You look like a...

X: What?

Y: ...radioactive tampon...

X: I wasn't supposed to--

Y: ...you look like a...banana with a yeast infection.

Last edited by Robert Martens; December 3rd, 2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Removed possible spoiler; I thought it was clever, but maybe too much so.
Old December 4th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #1882
Major Player

Nothing? All right, I'll inch a smidge closer to the answer with this:

G: I hope life on Earth is everything you remember it to be.
Old December 4th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #1883
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Martens View Post
Character X, irritated, loses his patience and throws Y's blaring music player across the room. It goes quiet.

Y: Whoo! Tough guy.

X: Listen to me!

Y: You look like a...

X: What?

Y: ...radioactive tampon...

X: I wasn't supposed to--

Y: ...you look like a...banana with a yeast infection.

I'll take a guess.

Is it "The Fisher King"?

-Jon
Old December 4th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #1884
Major Player

Sorry, it's quite a bit more recent than that. Exceptionally small cast, didn't see a wide release, better effects than you'd expect at its budget thanks to the writers' strike (apparently the director had access to some renowned practical effects people since work had slowed for everyone).

Fun guess, though, keep 'em coming!
Old December 5th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #1885
Major Player

One more day and it looks like this'll revert to Bill.

The film in question was released in 2009, and was the director's feature debut. One of its two stars is someone who really knows how to enjoy a heavy metal concert, the other is an obvious choice for the movie considering the subject matter.

To try and wrap this up a bit better, the names "Sarang" and "GERTY" are involved, and the latter is who/what produced the quote attributed to "G" above.
Old December 6th, 2010, 01:02 PM   #1886
Major Player

If you haven't yet seen Duncan Jones' Moon, starring Sam Rockwell and Kevin Spacey, go do yourself the favor.

I'm not sure how strictly we're sticking to the rules these days, so either Bill or Chris can catch the rebound here, or someone else could jump in and grab this low hanging fruit:

S: I bought the airline. It seemed neater.
Old December 6th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #1887
Obstreperous Rex

Hmm, that wouldn't be The Aviator, would it? I know I've heard that line fairly recently...

Re: Moon, funny thing is, we saw that just a few months ago, but I couldn't recall any of
the lines. I'm a big fan of Sam Rockwell... loved his work in Jesse James and Confessions.

Old December 6th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #1888
Major Player

Kind of close, in a way, but not The Aviator.

I know the feeling, though, of not being able to place a quote from a movie you know you've seen. Really drives me up the wall.
Old December 6th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #1889
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Re: Moon, funny thing is, we saw that just a few months ago, but I couldn't recall any of
the lines.
Same here. I loved that movie, and bought it to re-watch from time to time, but totally spaced (pun intended) on connecting the quote.

I claim flu delirium.

-Jon
Old December 6th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #1890
Major Player

I thought I'd give this one a little time to stew in your brains, but I already had my chance, and I don't want to monopolize control of the quote, so I'm cutting my usual twenty-four hour wait down significantly.

If you're in the United States you'll want to remember the title of this movie quickly, since tomorrow's a big day for fans. Not sure what the schedule is for the rest of the world. I suppose this is more difficult than I thought it'd be, but I regret nothing, I'm happy with my choice of quote.

Chris, you came close in the sense that the two films share an actor, though I suppose you may not have expected me to choose a selection from something so well known and popular. You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark