The Movie Quote Game - Page 119 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old August 26th, 2010, 06:12 PM   #1771
Trustee

Ok I just have to jump on this one. I watch this movie every Christmas along with a bunch of other seasonal classics.

That line is from Nick the Bartender in It's a Wonderful Life.

-Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 07:29 PM   #1772
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Low View Post
That line is from Nick the Bartender in It's a Wonderful Life.

-Garrett
It is, indeed. And it's a wonderful scene in a wonderful movie.

You're up.

-Jon
Old August 27th, 2010, 04:10 AM   #1773
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones View Post
And it's a wonderful scene in a wonderful movie.
Totally agree. But that movie has a lot of great scenes.

OK. Here's another one:

Character 1: What's the "J" stand for?
J. Palmer Cass: John.
Character 1: Anyone ever call you Jack?
J. Palmer Cass: Yeah, but...
Character 1: Why "J. Palmer Cass?" Why not "John P. Cass?"
J. Palmer Cass: Well, I...
Character 1: Does "J. Palmer Cass" have something to hide?
J. Palmer Cass: No.
Character 1: Then what do you part your name in the middle for?
J. Palmer Cass: I got a right to call myself anything I want as long as it's my own name!
Character 1: Well then if it's all the same to you, I'll call you Jack Cass.

Might be too much but I really like this exchange.

-Garrett
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #1774
Trustee

No guesses yet? Need some hints?

-Garrett
Old August 28th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #1775
Trustee

Quote:
No guesses yet? Need some hints?

-Garrett
I'm totally blank on this one.

-Jon
Old August 28th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #1776
Trustee

OK. here's a hint.

John Ford directed this movie staring Henry Fonda.

-Garrett
Old August 29th, 2010, 03:37 AM   #1777
Trustee

Quote:
OK. here's a hint.

John Ford directed this movie staring Henry Fonda.

-Garrett
Well, I guess that narrows it down a bit, but geez....still leaves a few to choose from. The first one that came to mind from your hint was "Drums Along the Mohawk", and even though it's been a long time since I've seen it, I can't place the dialogue therein, so I'm fairly certain that my guess is incorrect.

-Jon
Old August 29th, 2010, 08:38 AM   #1778
Trustee

Wow Jonathan,

You're very close. Released the same year but it wasn't Drums Along the Mohawk. This movie was released before Drums but after another of Ford's movies, Stagecoach. It also was nominated for an Oscar for "Best Original Story" but lost to Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

-Garrett
Old August 30th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #1779
Trustee

OK last hint. The lead character is a lawyer who becomes a prominent character in American History.

And the last lines of the movie are:

Efe Turner: Ain't you goin' back, XXX?
Character 1: No, I think I might go on a piece... maybe to the top of that hill. Efe Turner: Ain't you goin' back, Abe? ("Battle Hymn of the Republic" is playing in the background).

Character 1 is the same as in the first quote.

If no one gets it by end of work I'll move on to another one.

-Garrett
Old August 30th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #1780
Trustee

Well, now I feel like an idiot. Though, in my defense, I've never actually seen this film, but I am familiar with the basics of it's production. I didn't know when it was made though (corresponding to my earlier guess)...so...there.

It is "Young Mr. Lincoln", starring Henry Fonda.

-Jon
Old August 30th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #1781
Trustee

You got it Jonathan. Young Mr. Lincoln is one of those movies that really stands out in my mind. Probably because it is one of the first movies I watched that really made an impression on me.

It's amazing that John Ford had three movies released in 1939 and I think between all of them his movies were nominated in 9 categories for the Academy Awards. Stagecoach was the only one of his three 1939 movies that won though.

You're up Jonathan.

-Garrett
Old August 30th, 2010, 03:54 PM   #1782
Trustee

Okay, this is a reminder that not all movies from yesteryear are endearing gems of expert quality. Early hint: - made in 1964.

Here's the quote:

"Acting on a hunch, Martin decided to see for himself if the monster was still there. It was."

-Jon

EDIT: This is also a film that, although predominately known as a given name, is also regarded by either of two others,any one of which will be considered a correct guess.
Old August 31st, 2010, 09:35 AM   #1783
Trustee

Next hint: It is considered by many to be in the top 5 of the worst films of all time.

Most of the film ended up not having any recorded dialogue - as plans to have it done with ADR fell through for budget reasons. Consequently a voice-over narration is used through most of the film.

Here is a quote from one of the very few scenes that actually did retain the originally recorded audio:

"Bobby...................Bobby............Bobby.............BOBBY!...............BAHBEEEE!>>>>>AHHHH HHHHHH!"

So bad, it is hilarious. I watched it in high school, and it has stuck with me ever since.

-Jon
Old August 31st, 2010, 12:04 PM   #1784
Major Player

Oh, God, I can see it now! This was a Mystery Science Theater 3000, wasn't it? I can see that roly poly fellow flailing wildly in the streambed, the kid traipsing through the grass. "Slowly, Bobby's inbred synapses start to fire..."

I can't remember the name of the film with any certainty, but I'll take a shot and guess "Track of the Moon Beast". Or am I getting that title from another MST3K?
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 12:20 PM   #1785
Trustee

Well, I can't place the line but one of the worst movies ever that was made during the mid 60's was Santa Clause Conquers the Martians.

And then perhaps the worst movie ever is Plan 9 From Outer Space, but that was released in 1959.

-Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark