The Movie Quote Game - Page 120 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old August 31st, 2010, 12:32 PM   #1786
Trustee

OK. Now this is bugging me. I can remember seeing this movie on Creature Feature with Bob Wilkins. UGH!

-Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 01:39 PM   #1787
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Martens View Post
Oh, God, I can see it now! This was a Mystery Science Theater 3000, wasn't it? I can see that roly poly fellow flailing wildly in the streambed, the kid traipsing through the grass. "Slowly, Bobby's inbred synapses start to fire..."

I can't remember the name of the film with any certainty, but I'll take a shot and guess "Track of the Moon Beast". Or am I getting that title from another MST3K?
Well, you're definitely thinking of the right film. The scene you describe is the one I quoted with the "Bobby" line.

But you've got the wrong title. "Track of the Moon Beast" was made almost a decade later.

The one I quoted was made in 1964 and was black & white.

Yes, it was also on MST3K

-Jon
Old August 31st, 2010, 01:42 PM   #1788
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Low View Post

And then perhaps the worst movie ever is Plan 9 From Outer Space, but that was released in 1959.

-Garrett
Yeah, Plan 9 is pretty infamous. I was going to pull some quotes from that movie, but then I thought it would be too easy.

-Jon
Old August 31st, 2010, 01:49 PM   #1789
Major Player

Yeah, I realized my mistake a few minutes ago; I know the right name, but the recollection was prompted by a video on Youtube, so I'll let it go. I didn't go looking for the answer, but it came up anyway, and it doesn't feel fair to take it now. So close!
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 02:40 PM   #1790
Trustee

Quote:
Yeah, I realized my mistake a few minutes ago; I know the right name, but the recollection was prompted by a video on Youtube, so I'll let it go. I didn't go looking for the answer, but it came up anyway, and it doesn't feel fair to take it now. So close!
I appreciate the honesty, but I would probably have to recommend that you run with it anyway. The intensely poor quality of this film just doesn't merit putting that much thought into having to guess it.

-Jon
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:02 PM   #1791
Major Player

Well, all right then, if you insist; unless I'm wrong a second time, I believe the correct name of the film is "The Creeping Terror".
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:04 PM   #1792
Trustee

Quote:
... I believe the correct name of the film is "The Creeping Terror".
Ding, ding, ding.

You are correct, sir.

You're up.

-Jon
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:07 PM   #1793
Trustee

BTW: Here is a Youtube clip of MST3K's rendition of the "Bobby" scene.

YouTube - MST3K - funniest scene ever!! (from The Creeping Terror)

-Jon
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:48 PM   #1794
Major Player

One of the most hilarious movie monsters I've ever seen, the Terror. Really exquisite piece of work.

Here's something a little more recent, that frankly I'm surprised hasn't come up yet (at least, the thread search turned up nothing). I don't have ready access to the film, so I'm pulling this quote from the IMDB listing, forgive me if it's slightly inaccurate. It should still call to mind the scene and film in question:

X: You might say that we're the next endangered species; human beings.
Y: I think you're right, ma'am. I think you've hit the nail on the head.
X: Jones is my name. I'm in ensurance.

Yes, I spelled it that way on purpose.
Old September 1st, 2010, 04:22 PM   #1795
Major Player

Nothing, really? All right, this movie was directed by someone known for his less-than-orthodox storytelling, it was released in the '90s, and was inspired by/an homage to/a remake of a French film from thirty-someodd years earlier.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:50 PM   #1796
Major Player

One more day and I'll pick an easier quote; to make this one less of a puzzle, this is a 1995 movie directed by Terry Gilliam, starring Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt. Deals with flashbacks and time travel? It's a fairly well known movie, I have to imagine a good number of people here have seen it.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:55 PM   #1797
Trustee

Quote:
One more day and I'll pick an easier quote; to make this one less of a puzzle, this is a 1995 movie directed by Terry Gilliam, starring Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt. Deals with flashbacks and time travel? It's a fairly well known movie, I have to imagine a good number of people here have seen it.
Wow, is "12 Monkeys" that old already? I can't believe how time flies. I would never have guessed it had it not been for your final clue.

-Jon
Old September 2nd, 2010, 05:07 PM   #1798
Trustee

In a similar vein, here's a quote from a decade earlier.

"Ahhhhhh!...., here we are. Your very own number, on your very own door. And behind that door, your very own office. Congratulations, D Zed stroke oh one 5. Welcome to the team. (walking away) Yes!.. No!... Cancel that!"

-Jon
Old September 2nd, 2010, 05:08 PM   #1799
Major Player

There we go! Sorry I had to be so blunt with the clue, but "12 Monkeys" it is, based on Chris Marker's 1962 "La Jetée", which makes heavy use of still photo montages to tell its story. Or so I read. I've yet to see it, I'm ashamed to say, despite loving "12 Monkeys" as much as I do.

The quote is the final lines from the film, meant--as I understand it--to sound like the character says "insurance", but as a friend of mine pointed out (which made me feel not-so-smart, since we were both twelve years old at the time), it could be heard as "ensurance", which makes more sense in light of the time travel/apocalypse aspect of the film.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 01:31 AM   #1800
Trustee

I guess I jumped the gun before Robert confirmed the guess as "12 Monkeys", so I'll re-up my posted quote.

It is from a decade earlier than the aforementioned film, and bears some resemblance in terms of production:

"Ahhhhhh!...., here we are. Your very own number, on your very own door. And behind that door, your very own office. Congratulations, D Zed stroke oh one 5. Welcome to the team. (walking away) Yes!.. No!... Cancel that!"

-Jon

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark