The Movie Quote Game - Page 127 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old December 6th, 2010, 05:41 PM   #1891
Major Player

All right, taking the more direct approach with a variety of quotes:

X: I'm just doing what you taught me.
Y: I never taught you to be a thief.

----

I think positive emotion trumps negative emotion every time.

----

You couldn't have peed before you went under?

----

Why would you put a freight train in the middle of a street?

----

You keep telling yourself what you know. But what do you believe? What do you feel?
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #1892
Trustee

Okay, well since you put it that way, I'll have a go.

This one is from "Inception".

Hands down, one of my favorite movie-going experiences, ever.

-Jon
Old December 6th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #1893
Major Player

Correct, Jonathan, and I agree. It handily knocked Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and The Matrix out of joint top position on my list of favorites. I've never before had such a huge, wildly popular movie feel like it was made just for me. I was initially torn between euphoria at the film itself and rage at not having been the one to make it, but I couldn't stay angry for very long.

It's out on Blu-ray/DVD tomorrow, if I remember the commercials correctly, everybody go out and get 'em while they're hot.

Quotemaster duties are now yours!
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:43 PM   #1894
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones View Post
Hands down, one of my favorite movie-going experiences, ever.
That's a good enough endorsement for me... it's going into our NetFlix queue now. Thanks!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #1895
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Martens View Post
Correct, I've never before had such a huge, wildly popular movie feel like it was made just for me. I was initially torn between euphoria at the film itself and rage at not having been the one to make it, ...
That is too strange.....you've captured in words exactly what I felt when I was watching it as well.

I'll have the next quote up shortly.

-Jon
Old December 7th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #1896
Trustee

Okay, here's the next quote:

X: "Hello. Ray.. (pause) What happened?"

Y: "I wrote your number down to call you. It's been sitting next to the phone for 6 months. When I knew it was inside the house, I couldn't think of any other number to call - I panicked. Thank you for coming, Father."

X: "You're welcome, Ray."

Y: "I worked so long that night. I've never fallen asleep driving before... Never since.

X: "Don't..."

Y: " Most of the ride home, there wasn't a car in sight in either direction. If I'd have fallen asleep then, I would have ended up in a ditch with a headache. And it had to be at that right moment... that 10, 15 seconds when I passed her walking. It was like it was meant to be. (long pause) I guess if this is the end of the world, I'm screwed, right? People who kill reverend's wives aren't exactly ushered to the front of the line in Heaven."

--------------------------------

I probably gave too much away with the length of the quote, but it didn't feel right to cut it off any earlier.

-Jon
Old December 8th, 2010, 10:08 PM   #1897
Wrangler

Is "Y" Mel Gibson and the movie "Signs?"
Old December 8th, 2010, 10:28 PM   #1898
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton View Post
Is "Y" Mel Gibson and the movie "Signs?"
No, and Yes.

The movie is indeed "Signs", but "Y" is M. Night Shyamalan, the film's director, playing a small but key role, as he does with some of his films.

"X" is Mel Gibson in the role of a former Episcopal priest, Graham Hess, led to question his faith after the loss of his wife in a traffic accident caused by Shyamalan's character.

I chose this quote from the movie because it is very subtle, and vague - probably not very memorable for a lot of viewers. The dialogue is hard to hear, and its importance is partially lost on the viewer until it makes more sense later in context of a flashback sequence later in the film.

I know you had the answer worked out correctly in your head, ... just had the alpha-characters swapped. You know....criss-cross...but that's another movie, entirely.

I officially hand the reigns over to you, Lorinda.

-Jon
Old December 8th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #1899
Wrangler

Ah, had it backwards. :)

Here's a short one:

You left...just when you were becoming interesting.
Old December 8th, 2010, 11:50 PM   #1900
Trustee

Quote:

Here's a short one:

I'll take a wide swing on this one.

Is it "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow"?

-Jon
Old December 9th, 2010, 12:00 AM   #1901
Wrangler

Strike one, dear Jon. Try again. :)

Hey, while I have you here...why don't you join us for the DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge upstairs? We haven't seen a J Jones film in a long, long time!
Old December 9th, 2010, 12:14 AM   #1902
Trustee

Quote:
Hey, while I have you here...why don't you join us for the DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge upstairs? We haven't seen a J Jones film in a long, long time!
I so want to, and have been hoping to get back into the ring for quite a while, but have been unable to get a workable schedule that would allow for it for a long time. I dropped off the map for much of the last 2 years to tend to family medical issues - and then subsequently trying, and sometimes failing to resurrect dormant projects and juggle client deadlines. But after 2010 closes out, my schedule is expected to free up considerably, and I can look forward to jumping into some upcoming challenges.

-Jon
Old December 9th, 2010, 12:22 AM   #1903
Wrangler

Good to hear that 2011 sounds less hectic and stressful. Just know that you've been missed.

Guess we should get back to the game! Here's the quote again:

Old December 9th, 2010, 12:07 PM   #1904
Wrangler

Another quote, same character:

I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne. Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky...
Old December 9th, 2010, 05:44 PM   #1905
Trustee

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?

I believe that is the movie but I'm trying really hard to block it :-)

-Garrett

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark