CineForm and Premiere Pro CS3 / After Effects - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 14th, 2008, 08:55 PM   #121
New Boot

Premiere Play Alpha different than still

Why does Cineform show the image correct in still, but when in 'motion' (play) it shows it much lighter? Its not a real problem, just courious
Syd Weinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 03:40 AM   #122
New Boot

Anybody running After Effects CS3 8.01 with Cineform?

I'm having problems with the latest version of Prospect 2k and AE 8.01.

Just wanted to have confirmation that people have this combination up and running.

Thanks!

/Jocke
Joacim Boive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 10:05 AM   #123
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes, people do, and we at CineForm now test primarily with CS3 components. Please submit a trouble ticket at www.cineform.com/support
Old January 21st, 2008, 10:56 AM   #124
New Boot

Ok, sounds promising.

I reformated and did a fresh install with just AE and the latest version och Prospect 2K and still it doesn't work.

But I've filed a support request yesterday, just hope to get some feedback soon.

Thanks!

/Jocke
Joacim Boive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 08:27 AM   #125
Regular Crew

Premiere CS3 Intensity PRO and Cineform Prospect HD = video monitor

Hi dvinfo comunity. I would like to have some tips on video monitoring for my worksation, that´s what i have.

WINXP pro sp2
Quad core 2.4
Asus P5B premium
3Gb ram
Intensity Pro
ATI sapphire X1950pro 512mb (02 DVI out and 01 S-video)
Hard disk sata02 01 system / 01 render / 01 audio / 03 or 04 raid0 for media
Monitor LG 22´ widescreen LCD 1650x1050
Next buy : cineform ProspectHD

I don´t have the system working right now, just waitting to buy the case and 2nd monitor..
My question is. What is the best way to monitor? I know that with cineform on premiere i can´t monitor over intensity pro. What about my s-video out on the ATI sapphire?could i connect a 14´CRT tv (i don´t have the money for a broadcast monitor)? or it´s better to use my second DVI-out for a FULLHD monitor (CRT or LCD)? Can i do both?.
Here in Brasil everything we do in HD for now will be downsample to SD so i need to have an interlaced CRT TV to view the result before go to DVD or tape(mini-dv,beta, dvcam).
Any tips? options? questions?
Luis Ignacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 10:17 PM   #126
Regular Crew

Adobe Ultra CS3 and Cineform

I'm having the strangest situation with Adobe Ultra CS3 (their chromakeyer) and Cineform.

I have a clip that was originally captured uncompressed (from an HV20 with a Blackmagic Intensity). I deinterlaced it and saved it in cineform with VirtualDub.

I brought the clip into Ultra, did my chromakeying magic, and then output the result in cineform. The problem? The output is somewhat soft - it's not as sharp as the input clip and has a bit of a reddish tinge.

Here's where it gets stranger. I took my clip and used VirtualDub to reconvert it back to uncompresed. I brought this uncompressed version back into Ultra. I output the result in cineform using the exact same keying settings and guess what? The output is sharp as a tack!

I'm baffled. Can anyone think of a reason why the cineform version of the input creates the softer output file while the uncompressed one is sharp?

- Rick
Rick Thornquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2008, 07:22 AM   #127
Trustee

Rick, what were your output setting sin Ultra? My guess is the answer lies there.
Old January 24th, 2008, 09:58 AM   #128
Major Player

Rick
Im PHD user
I also noticed a quality change in the last couple of versions. But in my case is even more soft when I tray to convert the final exported cineform avi file to another format using any other third party software. Before it use to be very sharp. Now even my primary convertion format software (TMPGENC) crash with the CF exported files. That is an issue that I already disscused in this forum.
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:19 PM   #129
Regular Crew

Paul -

I tried changing the field order in the output settings to the three different settings. All got the same results.

I don't think it's the output, though - I'm pretty sure it's the input. You can see the difference in the preview window before the clip is even output. The cineform clip is soft and the uncompressed clip is sharp.

I tried compressing the clip with two other codecs - Blackmagic MJPEG and Microsoft Video 1 (there's a relic for ya!) - and loaded each of them. Each of them was sharp (excepting artifacts, of course).

I tried both interlaced and progressive versions of the cineform clip - same results. I tried creating the cineform clip with VirtualDub and another with Premiere - same results.

The problem seems to boil down to the interaction between cineform and Ultra. It may be time to submit a ticket on this one.

- Rick
Rick Thornquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 09:48 AM   #130
Regular Crew

Need To Re-render Timeline Everytime I Re-open Pp3

My problem:
On a particular project, I need to re-render everything everytime I re-open project even after I have saved and closed project.

I also experience SERIOUS ERROR crashes or simply PP3 freezes while trying to render whole timeline, I need to render in chunks.

The project file is a single timeline 2:45 minutes long with only the clip on timeline in project; it's CFHD low res clips (not corrupted) and there's quite a lot of CF cross-fades in timeline (it's a trailer) with about 5-6 clip color corrected that need to be rendered.

My specs are:
PP3 + AspectHD v5.2 build 105
dualmonitors with Ultramon 2.6
AMD ATHLON x2 4600+
4 GB SDRAM2 733 Mghz (dual channels)
MATROX APVe
ASUS SLI-DELUXE
Sound Blaster X-FI

I currently have a ticket open with CF, but I get a small hint of help every 7 days or so. I need to fix this quickly.
Frederic Leclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 11:30 AM   #131
Major Player

I seen this before>

The workarounds for me are the following:

1 Select all the material in the timeline and copy it to a new fresh timeline. Then you notice that red line goes back to the green line.
I think that this is more a PPcs3 issue.

2 And usually if Im going to render a lot of footage in the timeline I try to save/close and open again Ppro. Then rendering don't crash.

At least this works for me.
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 01:49 PM   #132
New Boot

cineform, iridas, premiere pro

Is SpeedGrade HD supporting real time play of cineform raw files from a Si 2K camera?
How can I export a cineform premiere pro project to Speed Grade HD?
Kujtim Ereqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 05:01 PM   #133
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I haven't used the new Speedgrade with CineForm integrated yet, just haven't had time to try it out. Iridas is sharing a both with CineForm at this year's NAB, so I plan to get my training from the best. So currently your questions might be best directed toward Iridas.
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #134
Major Player

The only way to get a Cineform RAW project into Speedgrade is to use an EDL. Any export from Premiere or AE will lose the RAW aspect, which is currently very important since Cineform RAW can playback 2K in realtime in Speedgrade on a high end system. On the otherhand, I have yet to see the 422 and 444 varients of Cineform playback in realtime in HD or 2K. I will try to keep you updated as I continue to test it.
Old February 5th, 2008, 05:25 AM   #135
Regular Crew

No SD Capture in PPCS3

After I installed Aspect HD v5.2 build 106 I found that PPCS3 ddidn’t recognize my SD cameras. HDV works okay. Uninstalled Aspect HD and PPCS3 Capture recognized MiniDV cameras and works as usual. Has anybody else encountered this?
Carlos Bustamante is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase