DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Focus Enhancements FireStore (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/)
-   -   DR-HD100 various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/86418-dr-hd100-various-topics.html)

Matt McEwen January 24th, 2007 01:26 PM

Some suggestions:

* If in DV mode, make sure you are using an NTSC/60Hz DR-HD with an NTSC/60Hz camera or a PAL/50Hz DR-HD with a PAL/50Hz camera.
* Make sure the camera and DR-HD are set to the same record mode (HDV or DV)
* Make sure the switch on the side of the GY-HD110 camera is set to the correct record mode (DV or HDV)
* Make sure your DR-HD has the latest firmware (v1.1 or v2.1 if you have QuickTime support - this added 720p24 and 25 support)
* Make sure the camera is set to Synco mode (in the OTHERS menu).
* Make sure your DR-HD100 is set to JVC GY-HD control mode.
* Make sure the FireWire cable is connected to the DV I/O socket on DR-HD100

If all appears to be correct from the above, then please contact Focus tech support. Support contact options are available at: http://www.focusinfo.com/support/

Hope that helps.

Matt

Bill Parker January 26th, 2007 04:49 PM

DR-HD100 returned for repair, still ng

I sent back my DR-HD100 to FE because it wasn't recording anything from my HD-100. They sent it back and said it was working fine, but I still can't get it to record. I'm wondering if the firewire port on my HD100 is faulty. I've tried swapping cables and it makes no difference. The DR-HD100 and the camera are showing no signs of communicating at all. Even when I record manually on the firestore, it indicated it's recording, but the time code doesn't move and no clip appears. I've got all the settings right (having been over them repeatedly on the phone and on this forum), so it isn't that.

Can anyone think about what the problem could be on the camera side (again, those settings are all right)? How could I check my firewire port to see if that's the problem?

I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

Kit Hannah January 29th, 2007 12:20 AM

If you push record on the firestore and it is not detecting a signal, then the time in fact won't move, until there is a signal present. I don't know what other people have suggested, but have you tried interfacing the firestore with your computer? It could very well be a camera problem, possibly your firewire port is bad. Will your camera interface with your computer?

Bill Parker January 29th, 2007 05:52 AM

I've hooked up the camera to my computer and it is recognized as an Unknown Device, but it does regognize it's JVC. Is that what you mean? It certainly doesn't turn up as an icon on my desk. How else can the camera interface with my computer?

Thanks.

Kit Hannah January 29th, 2007 04:50 PM

The Firestore drive, if working correctly, should show up as a drive Icon on your computer.

As far as the camera goes, you'll probably have to open your NLE up and see if that recognizes your camera. For instance, if you're using Vegas, you can go to "capture" and it will pull up the capture screen. If your camera is on, you should see something coming through.

I know that in the menu on the camera, under "others", there are some options for the DR-HD100 to be able to enable certain fuctions on it, such as the trigger mode (Synchro, split, etc.), as well as control the unit from the camera. Make sure that your menu's on the firestore corespond to how you will be recording, and make sure that it is in the correct file format. If you're in HDV mode, it should be set to .m2t, but you need to make sure that it's set to HDV all the way across.....meaning your record settings on the camera, the switch above the firewire port, and on the firestore.

But if your computer recognizes the camera and the drive, then they should recognize each other. I would try another cable too. Beyond that, there is something majorly wrong if all of your settings are correct and the computer sees them, but is still not working.

Bill Parker January 29th, 2007 07:30 PM

I've just sent my camera off to JVC. It turned out to be the firewire port on the HD-100. I couldn't get the computer to recognize my camera as a playback deck. I'm not sure what happened. Everything was fine until I updated my firmware on the DR-HD100 to 2.1. I wouldn't be surprised if with all the swapping of cables, I did something that fried the firewire circuit. Who knows. Thanks for your help.

Kit Hannah January 29th, 2007 07:55 PM

Bill, I hope everything works out for you. Good luck

Martin Patterson February 2nd, 2007 08:17 AM

FS-4HD To DRHD100

I have a brand new FS-4HD and a JVC HD100 and a Panasonic HVX200, the FS4 will work but the DRHD100 is what it calls for...can the FS4 be upgraded??

Marc Higa February 3rd, 2007 07:36 PM

dr hd100 wrong product ID ?

I keep trying to upgrade my Firestore DR HD100 and keep getting the message "Error wrong product ID" I already have ver.2.0 installed. I just bought it brand new. Downloaded the update from...

http://www.focusinfo.com/rfi/confirmation.asp?id=86

Any thoughts?

Boyd Ostroff February 3rd, 2007 07:38 PM

Moderator note: This thread has been moved to the Firestore forum from the JVC HD-100 forum.

Kit Hannah February 4th, 2007 02:14 AM

You don't "need" the DR-HD100. The only thing it will do is add a timer in the viewinder to be able to monitor it more easily and power it down with the camera in case your battery runs out. We considered this when we bought our FS-4 HD's, but thought we could live without it to save $600 per firestore. Since we needed 6 of them, that was a pretty big savings. The Firestore is mounted on the camera or close to the camera anyways, so it's not a big deal. You can still trigger it to start / stop recording no problem from your camera's vtr / record button, it just doesn't have the minutes remaining left on your HD-100 display.

As far as upgrading, I have never checked, but to go from the HD > pro version is around $300. It can probably be done, but you might as well have bought the DR-HD100 by then.

Rupert MacCarthy-Morrogh February 4th, 2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Higa
I keep trying to upgrade my Firestore DR HD100 and keep getting the message "Error wrong product ID" I already have ver.2.0 installed. I just bought it brand new. Downloaded the update from...

http://www.focusinfo.com/rfi/confirmation.asp?id=86

Any thoughts?

Hi Marc
I'm having the same problem, I've mailed support and they are trying to work out whats the story. As soon as I have more info I'll post it. At first I thought it might be because my DR-HD100 is the PAL version (Different software?), but I'm guessing that as your in California thats not it.

Marc Higa February 4th, 2007 07:38 PM

Thanks for the reply... yeah mine is NTSC. Let me know what happens I'm calling Focus tomorrow to see if they have a solution.

Rupert MacCarthy-Morrogh February 5th, 2007 06:03 PM

Hi Marc
I just got a new zip file from European tech support and it worked first time, At last my DR-HD100 and Final Cut talk to each other! I have sent on the files to support at Focus enhancements. So they should be able to sort you out.
Regards
Rupert Mac

Javier Tabares February 8th, 2007 06:06 AM

What information in the viewfinder can you have with the DR-HD100 in the GY-HD100?

What information in the viewfinder can you have with the DR-HD100 in the GY-HD100?

Battery, duration, etc...

I need to know that it is seen in the viewfinder of the GY-HD100, when these recording.