Helping Hands from 2004 - Page 28 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old August 16th, 2004, 05:04 PM   #406
Major Player

I need a DP and and sound in Rio.

I'm going to shot a short and I need some pros.. Send me a line if there's anybody interested.

Thanks.
Old August 16th, 2004, 08:30 PM   #407
Regular Crew

Looking for director of photography/camera operator

hi I'm an independant film maker in the D.C. are and I im need of a director of photography.

P.S. so far I'm making movies free lance and the budgets are miserably so I probably won't be able to pay you in the beginning.
:(
Old August 17th, 2004, 08:36 AM   #408
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Arthur Marcinek : Kaleem,

Thanks for your interest. Perhaps on a future project.

All the best

Arthur -->>>

Arthur!!

Very important. Listen I'm going to need a physical address in which to send the demo,cover letter and resume to. I got a call from Fex Ex international this morning saying that they handle all international mail for the Post Office. They can't deliver to a PO box, I've been on the phone with them all morning since it was to be delivered LAST WEEK!

so if you can help me out with that we can get you our package. Thanks!
Old August 17th, 2004, 09:04 AM   #409
Regular Crew

Re: I need a DP and and sound in Rio.

<<<-- Originally posted by Alfred Okocha : I'm going to shot a short and I need some pros.. Send me a line if there's anybody interested.

Thanks. -->>>

where?
Old August 17th, 2004, 10:22 AM   #410
Major Player

Rio.. (de Janeiro, Brazil)

I've seen some Brazilians around here I think..
Old August 17th, 2004, 10:24 AM   #411
Regular Crew

whoa!
Old August 17th, 2004, 12:47 PM   #412
Inner Circle

Could you elaborate on what type of movie you are making?
Old August 17th, 2004, 11:47 PM   #413
Wrangler

Looking for crew for Instant Films this weekend in LA

Hallo gang:

I'm heading into another Instant Films (www.instantfilms.tv) weekend, my 10th as a director...! I need some helping hands in the following areas:

Grip/electric
Assistant editor (need to be proficient with Final Cut Pro)
Makeup/hair
Producer/AD

It would be a one-day committment, this Saturday the 20th. I'd probably need the assistant editor on Sunday as well, if possible. The screening is Sunday night, it's a gala affair (400 people) and a party afterwards.

Email me for more info, or post here. I'll be shooting with the Mini35/DVX100a combo, and hopefully Firestore.

best,
Old August 18th, 2004, 10:20 AM   #414
Regular Crew

Looking for work in Austin, Texas

Hi all,

I am a recent transplant to Austin, Texas and am looking around for work in all aspets of production. I have a solid foundation in industrial/educational production, yet would like to move into something that allows for more creative challenges. If any one on this forum has a suggestion please feel free to help.

M. Richard Steele
Old August 18th, 2004, 10:54 PM   #415
Wrangler

OK, got the makeup/hair person...

How about this: there's gotta be someone in here based in LA who is FCP proficient who wants to assist me with the edit. Here's what that position would entail:

Sat. (shoot day): capture clips onto Powerbook/Firewire drive starting late afternoon at the shoot location OR transfer files from Firestore FS-3 (not positive yet whether I will have this system in place for the shoot). Organize and rename clips based on script notes and slates.

Sun. (if possible): work with me at my house as we assemble the (hopefully!) award-winning film of the festival. We will have two edit systems available so we can split tasks. I'm also working with a composer, so I will need to spend time with him and have the assistant keep assembling in the meantime.

Sun. night: we rush the film to the LA Center Studios and bask in the glory.

If you haven't experienced a 48-hour filmmaking festival before, it's a rush. And even though I'm one of the organizers of the event, I do honestly think that it's the best version of all of those festivals. We handpick the participants, so the level of filmmaking is high.
Old August 19th, 2004, 05:37 PM   #416
Regular Crew

sure, I am making a short 25min dark comedy DV feature.

Can't really go into detail but it's about a man who stumbles onto

life's little ironies.
Old August 20th, 2004, 03:15 PM   #417
Major Player

Put the location of your project in the SUBJECT HEADER.
Old August 22nd, 2004, 06:43 PM   #418
Regular Crew

visual effects artists and cinematographers

With the HD10, I'm shooting a new piece and the intent is for it to be visually stimulating.

Sparing you details, the two "elements" of the piece are "Listen" and "motion".

I have a very talented modern dancer who will be acting these elements. I hope to create a "mystical" environment for him to act in, and I'm looking for suggestions. It will be shot in this incredibly stunning landscape, that I what to transform to look like the film "What Dreams May Come". I understand what was put into that project, but I was wondering if any of you can suggest what may be achievable for me using AE or FCP plugins for motion and visual effects. Can probably do some sort of compositing as well.

Thanks!!

Steven
Old August 23rd, 2004, 01:01 PM   #419
Trustee

Rick, have you looked into government grants for education? Bob
Old August 23rd, 2004, 02:35 PM   #420
Slash Rules!

Seeking work in NY

Hi, all. I'm looking to move to (and work in) New York in the near future, and I'm hoping some of you can help me out. Surely some of you have companies or perhaps know of some up there, and surely some of you who have companies can use a guy like me.

Looking for work as a camera operator/ DP /Videographer. My experience is almost exclusively with miniDV. I am, of course familiar with the Canon XL1s, and to a lesser degree, with the DVX100/100a, and have briefly fondled a PD150, a TRV950 (I think), and the awesome Sony F900. I know the basice layout of ENG-style cams, though I haven't used them a whole lot.

If it happens to be shooter/editor work, that's okay, even though I'm not big on editing. I've got a lot of time with Vegas 3/4, if that means anything to anyone.

Full-time would be excellent, but I won't sneeze at anything.

Links to my reel:

http://www.joshbass.com/operatorreelqt5.mov

http://www.joshbass.com/Operatorreewm9.wmv

In addtion, see many other samples of work at www.joshbass.com (I personally DP'd and shot everything on their)

In addition, if anyone has any tips on living up there, as far as doing it affordably, thanks.

David Mintzer, a member here, lives up there, and said he can help me out a with some freelance work. I also shot with him down here in Houston, on a documentary about dancing dogs (yes, really). Hopefully he'll say good things about me.

Thanks for future responses to this post.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands