Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 53 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old November 18th, 2005, 05:54 AM   #781
Regular Crew

Update:

Spike,

Interested in updating my site with some flash based styles..

something along the lines of

www.robmachado.com

Looking to stream/load video aswell..

Let me know prices etc..

my site at the moment

www.rollingcloudz.com
ww.rollingcloudz.com/photography

Thanks

Quinn
Old November 18th, 2005, 05:56 AM   #782
Regular Crew

Spike,

my work email..

quinn.oconnell@lgim.co.uk
Old November 18th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #783
Major Player

Linklater's "Coyote" is looking for Mexican Soap Opera Footage

My apologies for the cut and paste job, I don' t do this very often.

I got a call today from a friend who's working on Richard Linklater's latest movie, "Coyote." They are looking for footage for playback on scenes they are shooting on Monday and Tuesday. They had footage coming in, but had some sort of shipping problem and now won't be getting their footage in time.

So, I figured I'd put the call out here.

They need 1 to 2 minutes of footage. They're looking for a Mexican Soap Opera, but if you have anything similar let me know.

The footage must be clearable (i.e. you either have the rights to it, or you can get them).

They're looking for someone who could upload the footage to a server so it could be downloaded over the weekend.

PLEASE let me know if any of you have any footage that you think might work. I figured with as many people as we have here that we might have someone who shot a pilot or something.

If you have any questions let me know.
Thanks.
Old November 18th, 2005, 09:20 PM   #784
Regular Crew

Atlanta Unite!

Well, in case anybody searches again for people in Atlanta, here's another shooter.....
Old November 19th, 2005, 05:56 AM   #785
Trustee

Hey Chris, how do you like the sticks? I ended up getting the 755b for the field. Bob
Old November 19th, 2005, 04:42 PM   #786
Regular Crew

email sent

XL1-s
Bogen 503 head
Sony wireless
Adobe Premiere 6.0
Matrox RT2500
Old November 20th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #787
Regular Crew

Hey Bob,
The sticks were just what I was looking for. Just got a 3130 head for it too. Thanks again.
Old November 21st, 2005, 09:47 PM   #788
Major Player

Bruce

i sent an email but never got a reply back. Did you get my email ?
Old November 21st, 2005, 09:54 PM   #789
Trustee

No...I never got it. I'll send you all o0f my ino off line.
Bruce Yarock
Old November 24th, 2005, 04:57 AM   #790
Trustee

Chris, glad they are working out for you. I am in the process of editing 5 hours of Hurrican Katrina video. Happy Thanksgiving. Bob
Old November 26th, 2005, 06:44 AM   #791
Tourist

Need to Rent DVX gear in Sonoma

Need 2 DVX-100's or 100a's.
Or, 2 XL-2's.
2 tripods.
1 light kit.
If you have a remote zoom controller, that would be awesome.

Pick-up on Friday mid-day. Return on the 12th late afternoon.
Thanks.
Old November 26th, 2005, 08:09 AM   #792
Inner Circle

Joel,

Check with Film Arts Foundation if you dont hear from anyone.
www.Filmarts.org
Old November 27th, 2005, 01:16 PM   #793
Tourist

Steadicam Operator

I am interested in hiring a steadicam operator for a HD DVD on Napa Valley. The ideal situation would be a person who resides in the LA or Bay Area. I would anticipate shooting to take 3-4 days likely in March or April of 06.

The DVD would center on traveling to from varies hotels, to wineries and restaurants in a limo with 3-4 couples. My email address is c.kerr@verzion.net
Old November 29th, 2005, 12:35 AM   #794
Trustee

Hi Joel,
Welcome to the forums. Nice to have a neighbor on board. There is an outfit called "The Lux" near you in Napa. Based no their website, they have alot of stuff, or access to alot of stuff, and have alot of experience also, however, I tried to contact them about a month ago to send some business their way as I was looking to rent a whole bunch of gear for a big shoot - I thought either they may be able to rent gear or know where I could get it nearby...After a few calls and emails, I never heard anything from them, but since you are closer, stop by and see if they have any good deals for you or know a good local contact. The lux (www.thelux.com) is located on Jefferson St. in Napa.

If you want to go a little farther, don't bother with Santa Rosa. The best you will find there would be a couple of dusty S-VHS camcorders from a rental outfit I know of. Their rate for the S-VHS is a minimum $100 per day. The same models can be found in good condition on ebay for around $30. Skip Santa Rosa.

For the event I shot a month ago, I ended up renting from Corporate Media Systems in San Rafael. www.cmsrents.com Their website seems to be outdated because they don't list DVcams in their rental page, but they have 'em.

They were awesome to work with, and although they may not stock as much gear as some larger outfits in San Francisco, I was pleased to find that they had a whole lot of great gear to choose from, and were very helpful in coming up with workable solutions for me.

They don't rent XL cams anymore due to the headaches with clients abusing various components on the cam. They see it as an end-user item and more suited to someone familiar with its form factor and component setup.

I did rent a bunch of DVX's from them however, and they were great. Give them a call and see if they can help you out.

I was given the name of another outfit in San Rafael who is also great to work with, but it was after the fact and I can't remember who it was....but CMS was a real winner in my book. Just make sure you have enough $$ or credit to lay down for security on the gear. I found their rates to be very competitive in the rental field.

Hope this helps.
-Jon
Old November 30th, 2005, 03:56 PM   #795
New Boot

Need to Rent DVX gear in Sacramento (or North thereof)

I'm looking specifically for a wide angle adaptor for the DVX100. Depending on price, I might be interested in a camera kit for a second cam. Need it this weekend. If you know any rental houses in the area, please pass info along. Thanks.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands