Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 46 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old September 27th, 2005, 08:40 AM   #676
New Boot

Not what I'm looking for

Thanks Carl - i checked them out and gave them a call. All they rent are the Canon ZR65MC. I'm looking for 2 XL2's and a telemprompter.

Thank you for the help though!
Old September 27th, 2005, 02:37 PM   #677
Regular Crew

Hey Jack. The shoot will be in and around Roseland, NJ. Roseland is in west Essex county, a few miles from the Morris County line. It is 5 minutes from Parsippany and 15 minutes from Morristown.

I hope to shoot over one or two weekends in November.

Let me know if you are interested. Email me at sigamy@email.com

I just held auditions on Saturday and the cast looks great!
Old September 29th, 2005, 04:31 PM   #678
Major Player

Pre-viz artists

I'm looking for some pre-viz artists. The weird thing is, havn't seen many posts here regarding previz. If anyone is interested, please email me. Thanks
Old September 29th, 2005, 08:31 PM   #679
Slash Rules!

Need Videographer/DP for shoot in LA area

Hello all. Here’s the situation: I’m working, as DP, on a low-budget documentary on a local artist. We’re based in Houston, Texas, and we need to conduct three interviews out in California. However, due to the cost of airfare, hotels, etc., it has been decided that it would be more practical to hire someone out in CA than for us to travel. In light of that fact, here’s what we are looking for:

Overview:

We want to hire a cameraman (or team—more on this later) to shoot three interviews, with the brothers of the subject of the documentary, in one location, in one day. The location is a house in the Brentwood of area of Los Angeles, so the cameraman will probably want to be reasonably close to that area, unless they don’t mind paying their own travel expenses.

In addition to the interview, we would like some B-roll of the interior of the house, the outside of the house, and some shots of the neighborhood. A shot list will be provided.

You would shoot the interviews and B-roll, then send the tapes back to us.

Style notes:

The style is a typical interview style: ¾ shot, looking to one side of the camera, almost facing the camera, but not quite. We used a typical interview setup, soft key, soft fill, and hair light (on one person, at least). We were going for a less “corporate” look, more artistic, that is, the key and fill are noticeably at different levels, but not TOO contrasty. Something else we did was to vary the focal length between questions. We had a “wide” a “medium” and a “tight,” that we switched up on each different question. The wide was usually not very wide, however, about waist up at most, maybe a little tighter. I have samples of the footage on my website of two interviews, and the three focal lengths we used (these are quicktime files, and pretty small ones (1-2 MB each):

Example 1:

Wide - http://www.joshbass.com/adickes_wide.mov

Medium - [url]http://www.joshbass.com/adickes_med.mov[/url

Tight - http://www.joshbass.com/adickes_tight.mov

Example 2

Wide - http://www.joshbass.com/lynda_wide.mov

Medium -http://www.joshbass.com/lynda_med.mov

Tight - http://www.joshbass.com/lynda_tight.mov

For the three interviews, you will shoot outdoors, and use the backgrounds available at the location. One can have the pool as a background, one can have the ocean as a background, and one can have the hills leading to the ocean as a background. There will NOT be black background, as in one of the examples—that was reserved for the subject of the documentary, to separate him from everyone else.

Equipment:

For consistency’s sake, the interviews should be shot on a DVX100 or DVX100a, the 100a being preferred because that’s how the ones we’ve done so far were shot. You will need to mask your viewfinder (or production monitor, if you have one available) to shoot for 16:9, as we shot in 4:3, but with the flipout LCD masked for 16:9, to be cropped in post.

These are the settings we had on the DVX100/100a. You will need to set your camera the same way.

For audio, we had a ME-66 shotgun. You can use a boom, a lav, or both (one on one channel, one on the other).

As far as lighting, that will be up to you, as long as the gear yields the desired results.

Budget/payment:

Here’s the part I’m sure everyone’s worried about. The total budget for this shoot is $650. The deal is, if you can do it alone with your own gear, great. If you want to hire one or two or three people and rent gear, great. If you’re selected, the budget’s yours to do with what you will, as long as you deliver the goods. We will pay half up front, and half after the tapes are shipped back to us. Please do not be outraged by the opulence of the location vs. the meagerness of the budget for the shoot—the two are unrelated.

The rest:

I will be doing the hiring on this, so I need to see demo reels, or better yet, specific examples of talking head interviews, similar to what we’re going for. If you have stuff online, that’s the best thing, but if not, you can snail mail to my address.

We’ll have a contract for you if selected
There is no set date, that will be determined based upon the cameraman/crew’s availability.

Production office Address:

of the sun films
3805 west Alabama street #7106
Houston Texas 77027

For the specifics (my address, the location address, etc.) email me @ joshbass at sbcglobal dot net. For other questions/comments, email me or reply to this thread.

Thanks guys.
Old September 30th, 2005, 12:53 AM   #680
Major Player

need flash websites?

I have a contact that is willing to make flash based websites for around $150 and onwards. (Depending on complexity)

-you must provide for hosting and domain name
-monthly maintenance is not his concern unless you negotiate a deal with him
-complex sites like databases, complex features like .cgi .asp .php not available

One of his current projects that he's working on is :

http://manymanythings.com/sashi/craterlion/beta
for a show (work in progress)

and http://www.naderfard.com
for real estate
(work in progress)

flash sites like these are perfect if you are doing a startup business and need a simple / elegant /flashy site for a really low price.

Also, if you are looking for background music, this can be done too, royalty free music can be created, tailored to your website content/theme.

please post here if interested, thanks for your time!

Last edited by Spike Spiegel; September 30th, 2005 at 01:24 AM.
Old September 30th, 2005, 04:07 PM   #681
Regular Crew

Vancouver BC area - wave monitor and vectorscopes

Hi,

Anyone in the Vancouver BC area with a vectorscope and waveform monitor (and knows how to properly calibrate a Betacam SP camera) available? I can drive to outside areas if needed. I have the spec manual for referrence, just want to calibrate. Will pay cash. Thanks. Please email me directly. siucoharley@hotmail.com
Old September 30th, 2005, 04:33 PM   #682
Tourist

BlizzCon Video Coverage on XL2

If anyone interested in watching a Live video stream of BlizzCon could borrow, donate or rent a Canon XL2, please let me know.

A popular World of Warcraft Radio show will be transmiting live from BlizzCon using Peer-to-peer video broadcast technology on Windows Media Player format. If you are a company providing the Cameras, free advertising will run within the video transmission. World of Warcraft has 4 million paid subscribers worldwide.

They need at least 3 Canon XL2 Cameras to cover different areas of the BlizzCon event at once. The Video transmission will be free of cost to viewers.

Let me know if you may give a hand. So far he got the high-end Computer and a Chinese company will provide p2p video-streaming.

BlizzCon is on October 28-29 at Anaheim, California. The guys going there are from Florida. The show features Starcraft: Ghost and World of Warcraft Expansion details straight from Blizzard Entertainment Developers
http://www.blizzcon.com/panel.shtml
Old October 1st, 2005, 04:55 AM   #683
Slash Rules!

bumpity bump
Old October 1st, 2005, 05:15 PM   #684
Regular Crew

I am interested ..the sooner the better.. my email is pmander @cogeco.ca and I have a paypal acount.

if possible call me at 905 688-8915 buisness line or forward me your number to my email

Thanks

Pete
www.kre8-fxproductions.com
Old October 1st, 2005, 07:40 PM   #685
Major Player

Email sent! Thanks for your interest. Any more takers please respond to this thread and you will be contacted shortly. Thanks
Old October 2nd, 2005, 11:58 AM   #686
Capt. Quirk

Spike- Can your contact do 3D flash games?
Old October 2nd, 2005, 01:26 PM   #687
Major Player

i'm not sure, i don't think he can do complex action script. However, there are a bunch of royalty free flash games that he can incorporate into a site, if thats acceptable with you.
Old October 2nd, 2005, 01:31 PM   #688
Capt. Quirk

Thanks, but I'm looking for someone able to develope a game from scratch. My scripting and 3D skills are a little shaky, nowhere near good enough to do this myself. But, thanks again.
Old October 2nd, 2005, 09:07 PM   #689
Regular Crew

Videographer(s) for Live Music shoot Vancouver, Edmonton & Calgary Canada

Acoustic Rock Band Tesla on Canada Tour.

http://www.teslatheband.com/home.aspx

Will be video documenting the first 3 stops of Teslas' Canada tour. Could not carry on the plane a 2nd camera and would welcome a 2nd cam. during performances.
You will need to have own gear (Sony PD170 3 chip or equivalent).

The Schedule :
Vancouver , October 15th @ the Fabulous Commodore Ballroom
Edmonton, October 17th @ Red's Entertainment Complex
Calgary, October 18th @ The Whiskey

Am doing this shoot as a gift in honor of the huge generosity the Band and specifically their Drummer, Troy Luccketta have done to help a fellow Artist who was faced with staggering Medical expenses during her battle with Leukemia.
see photos of that benefit concert:

http://www.wakeuptolove.com/photogal...ry.aspx?gid=10

Am not receiving compensation from the Band, only All Access permission.

You will be given All Access to an exciting concert(s).

For the sake of Logistics looking for a videographer in each city. If you could cover more than one show let me know, we can discuss.

Can cover your travel expenses, tapes, incidentals and credits.

thanks,

Ken Beals

480.733.5633 (home)
480.678.1175 (cell)

ken.beals@gmail.com
Old October 3rd, 2005, 01:28 AM   #690
New Boot

Production Assistants wanted in Upstate NY

Hello -

Christopher Bishop here. My production company is in need of at least three production assistants for the feature film we're currently working on. This is a non-paid position, on Saturdays and Sundays only. The normal day starts at 7:00 am and ends (on average) at about 8:00 pm.

What we require:

* A strong work ethic
* Willingness and ability to take and follow instuctions
* While experience on a film set is perferred, it is not required
* A general knowledge of the streets and locations of Albany, Schenectady, Niskayuna, Troy and Saratoga
* The desire to obtain what will be a life-changing experience.

If interested, please contact me at Bishop8322002@yahoo.com

Thanks.

-C-
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands