Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 41 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old August 24th, 2005, 03:24 AM   #601
Trustee

Bob,
i think the guy you are talking about is Keith Foreman. I haven't met him, but would like to make contact. I'm down in Pembroke Pines. I have to go up to Sebastian next week, so I couild do it also.Give me a call if you want.
Bruce Yarock
954-431-0940
954-610-4325 cell
Old August 24th, 2005, 06:46 AM   #602
Major Player

Yep, thanks. Keith and I are talking now.
Old August 24th, 2005, 11:08 AM   #603
Major Player

Voice Overs

Not sure this is the appropriate place for this, if not sorry and I'll understand if it gets shut down. But I have been looking around for a little while and don't see any listing for voice talent. I guess, why would you it's a video forum? Anyway to the point I do them, own my own studio, (AKG 414BLU mics, Mackie board, etc...) I'm also a videographer, that's how I found this board. So if anyone would like a demo emailed to them for thier Rolodex just let me know at jporter6@triad.rr.com or 336 420 9490. Again sorry if this was inapropriate.
Old August 24th, 2005, 11:39 AM   #604
Wrangler

Not inappropriate at all. That's what the helping hands forum is about. We have another individual here, Ty Ford, who is very involved with audio and voice-overs. The 'Now Hear This' forum is where you'll find all the audio discussion going on.

We hope you'll do more than advertise your services and participate in the forums as this place is all about helping others via information interchange.

regards,

-gb-
Old August 24th, 2005, 12:38 PM   #605
Major Player

Thanks for the heads up. I'm just finishing my first project with the new Z1, Aspect HD/PP1.5.1 set up and have found some things that gone very well and very .... well.... not so well. So as soon as I can get a grip on how to explane the pitfalls and success. I'll get it out. Right now I've found this place to be an amazing resource and hope that I will be able to contribute to that wealth.
Old August 24th, 2005, 12:52 PM   #606
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Porter
Thanks for the heads up. I'm just finishing my first project with the new Z1, Aspect HD/PP1.5.1 set up and have found some things that gone very well and very .... well.... not so well. So as soon as I can get a grip on how to explane the pitfalls and success. I'll get it out. Right now I've found this place to be an amazing resource and hope that I will be able to contribute to that wealth.
I was also requesting that you share your audio expertise with others in the audio forum I mentioned in my above post. ;-)

-gb-
Old August 25th, 2005, 05:43 PM   #607
Tourist

Isolated Locations In So-Cal

I am in dire need of isolated locations in the southern California area. Even if it’s a dirt road going to nowhere we can use it to shoot our louder more disruptive scenes; also warehouses and buildings with either daily or month-to-month rentals. If anyone has any ideas or advice let me know. It is greatly appreciated.
Old August 25th, 2005, 06:35 PM   #608
Regular Crew

Locations

Hi,

Check out the LA Or the San Diego Film Commissioner's Office. They have tons of locations on file. Most of my films involve shootings, bomb explosions , fires, warehouse, police, fire departments, and car chases. If you need a stunt director or props, I can recommend a couple of people to you.

Jason
Old August 25th, 2005, 06:47 PM   #609
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayan Alavi
I am in dire need of isolated locations in the southern California area. Even if it’s a dirt road going to nowhere we can use it to shoot our louder more disruptive scenes; also warehouses and buildings with either daily or month-to-month rentals. If anyone has any ideas or advice let me know. It is greatly appreciated.
Having lived in SoCal, for years, I know there are many areas that you could use. San Gabrial Mountains etc. Just go during the week and not on the weekends and holidays. Most industrial area are very quiet on Sundays. Daily or monthly rentals are almost non-existant, just go on Sunday when nobody is home.

Mike
Old August 26th, 2005, 06:21 PM   #610
Regular Crew

Permit

Hi,

Mike is right. There are many locations in SoCal that will suit your purpose; however, I would like to remind you to secure a location permit and insurance before you start production.

I have never gone on a shoot without getting insurance or permit. The process is very easy and fast. Do not try to do a shoot-n-run. Your local film commissioner's office is there for a reason. These are people who can help you negotiate a deal with location owners. I've gotten local police and fire department help for free just for being nice. Do not piss them off by shooting a gun fight scene without notifying them ahead of time.
Old August 27th, 2005, 10:34 AM   #611
Tourist

central florida filmmakers

Hi,

I am new to the area and looking for other filmmakers to connect with and maybe shoot a couple of projects. Let me know who's out there.

Toy
Old August 27th, 2005, 12:00 PM   #612
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Spears
Hi,

I am new to the area and looking for other filmmakers to connect with and maybe shoot a couple of projects. Let me know who's out there.

Toy
The first thing you need to do then is let us know where you are at in Florida, and what your interests are.

Also, look up the DV Challenge posts. #3 is about to start.

Mike
Old August 27th, 2005, 08:59 PM   #613
Major Player

Yep, go into your control panel here and add in some clues as to what part of Florida you are in. Its a big state.
Old August 27th, 2005, 11:50 PM   #614
Regular Crew

DVX100a rental in North Jersey or NYC

Does anyone know a good place to rent a DVX100a in North Jersey? If not, any good places in NYC?
Old August 27th, 2005, 11:58 PM   #615
Wrangler

Gotham Sound and Hello World Communications

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands