Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 39 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old August 13th, 2005, 02:23 AM   #571
Regular Crew

left out a shot, can you help?

I need someone with an XL2 to shoot some footage of a full moon at night. About 10 seconds of footage should be fine. I just finished directing my first short last week and I realized I left this shot out. I don't have money to rent the camera again though.

I will pay you for the postage and price of the tape but your time will have to be volunteered.

If you can help, please contact me in this thread and I will send you the details and camera settings.

TIA
Old August 13th, 2005, 03:33 AM   #572
Major Player

Try this:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...ghlight=hawaii
Old August 13th, 2005, 12:48 PM   #573
Major Player

If that doesn't work for you then reply and I can tape it for you.

Jeffm
Old August 13th, 2005, 12:50 PM   #574
Major Player

David,
Sent an email but did not hear back, if you are interested in help plz reply here, thanks
Old August 13th, 2005, 01:17 PM   #575
Regular Crew

Jimmy,
I can't get the link to work, but in any case, I think I need the footage to be shot in 24P 3:2:2:3 in order to match the rest of the movie.

Jeff,
Please contact me. I appreciate the help. I'll give you credit as "second unit camera" or something like that.
Old August 13th, 2005, 04:47 PM   #576
Tourist

Looking for old farmer stock footage

"If you want corn fields and cows and grizzled old farmers bailing hay, I'm your man! LOL" Chris Davis July 05

Hi, Chris or anyone else! I need 12 seconds of footage that could work with a VO saying "...I keep coming back to my 80 year old farmer back in Nebraska who was out feeding his cows with 40lb buckets of feed a week after surgery."

It's in a 60 second commercial for a small hospital in SC. I'm not interested in hiring someone to shoot something, I'm more interested in finding some stock that would work. What do y'all think?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Joe Wider
Old August 13th, 2005, 07:34 PM   #577
Regular Crew

Joe,
I am certain that some of us would shoot for stock fee, just say what it is per foot or what ever and I know if that scene was in my back yard I would shoot it and send a scratch print for approval.
Tom
Miami, Florida
Old August 13th, 2005, 11:04 PM   #578
Major Player

I'm in Auckland New Zealand and shoot short segments for a local tv station.
Canon xl1s. Do you want any footage from down under?

contact at --- signofvision@ihug.co.nz
Old August 14th, 2005, 06:59 AM   #579
Trustee

javier,
i shot some full moon footage, but need to check what frame rate I used. I'll get back to you.
Bruce S. Yarock
Old August 14th, 2005, 08:50 PM   #580
Trustee

Camera operator and sound engineer sought for short in September (around Boston)

I need help in the first half of September to shoot a 22-scene short film. It is a drama about three room-mates in their twenties. Check my Web site for details: http://www.olivebarrel.com/

I would be really grateful for anyone who willing to help me operate the camera (we will be using miniDV). Most shots will be on a tripod, perhaps a few dollies, and maybe a touch of handheld (though unlikely). I have a Panasonic PV-DV953 of my own; if you have something better (minimum: 3CCD with zoom ring and XLR, e.g., XL2 or DVX100a) PLEASE join the team! I will compose the shots, and keep them simple, so there is nothing to worry about. IF you want to compose them yourself, we need to talk ASAP. As far as lighting goes, we believe we can get away with reflectors and scrims for our purposes.

I also need a sound engineer, preferably with his/her own equipment (though it needs to be in a format I can digitally transfer to my PC). I have an AT4073a at your disposal. Again, if you have mics of your own, join the crew!

The exact shooting dates will be determined in a week, after the auditions, but my educated guess is that they will involve Labor Day weekend (Sep. 3-5) and the weekend after that (Sep. 10,11).

I am grateful for any help!
Old August 14th, 2005, 10:02 PM   #581
Trustee

hi emre,

i can help but i don't have a lot of experience. maybe just 1 notch up from 0 =). so i can help you do stuff, willing+able. you can email me which weekend if ya need me to be there.
Old August 14th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #582
Regular Crew

Thank you for all of the responses

Hello to everybody who has responded to this thread either in person or on DVInfo.net. I have been in contact with many members from this forum and others where I posted the request for stock footage, and hope to increase our archive over the next month or so before an advertising campaign at the end of September.

I apologize for not responding to posts in this thread earlier--as Jonathan guessed, I joined to post the request for footage and haven't had a chance to get back onto the board until today. So for anybody reading this thread, please send an email to me at joel@footagefirm.com if you have footage you'd like to offer.

Some of you I've spoken to didn't have footage that we are currently interested in, but I've been adding you to our rolodex so I can contact you for specific shots requested by clients like the BMX shot for the Tonight Show (which, unfortunatley, was a very last minute request that we couldn't fill in time.)

I never know what kind of specific shot requests we're going to get, so the more videographers I can get a hold of to outsource the request to, the better. (Today we received a fairly unique request for a clip of red liquid dripping against a white backdrop. Luckily this is something we can shoot in house.)

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email or call me--but I'm not sure how often I'll be able to make it back to the board.

Sincerely,
Joel Holland
The Footage Firm
Toll Free: 866-777-9354
http://www.footagefirm.com
Old August 14th, 2005, 11:04 PM   #583
New Boot

Any DVX100(a) users in Dever/Boulder area?

Hey guys,

I'm new to DV, went nuts, & bought a DVX100a to shoot some no-budget shorts that I've written.

Anyone in the area interested in collaborating? I consider myself more of a writer/director & would love to work with a cinematographer. If anyone's interested, please e-mail me at:

hugowriter@yahoo.com

I hope to meet some of you guys in the near future.

Thanks again,

Hugo
Old August 14th, 2005, 11:22 PM   #584
Wrangler

Thanks Joel for stopping by to post. Hopefully, you'll get to work with a few members here and if the experience is good, the word will get out and your Rolodex may be pretty full.

There have been some past requests that seemed a bit on the shady side and so there is going to be some skepticism about actually being paid.

Best of luck,

-gb-
Old August 15th, 2005, 08:56 AM   #585
Major Player

Alex... do you still want to do another site?

I'll make it an even $200... and I'll tip you for a good job.

Take a look at www.offthehookfish.net

I'm sorry, but it's CRAP.

I just had to throw something up... and that's what it looks like!

What I'd like to do is probably more simple then the second site you listed, but I'd like to have some of that animation with the logo and possibly some .gif images.

I'll try to contact you through your forum name, but otherwise I'm mgettemeier at charter dot net.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands