Helping Hands from 2003 - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old July 9th, 2003, 03:29 PM   #151
Regular Crew

Finding a Boom Operator in Chicago

Any ideas on where to poke around to find someone to do boom for a project I am working on?

The kicker is that there is NO pay.

I would guess that film students and such probably would be a good place to start, but not sure where to start looking.

Thanks
Old July 9th, 2003, 03:32 PM   #152
Inner Circle

We can always expand to non Vegas users as long as the meeting doesn't turn into a pissing contest between programs/platforms. Actually some AE or combustion users might be fun.

My main concern was if something was developed and we were all using the same software, it would make a dispersed project easier to manage. Plus sharing experience.

will

bring

vodka

:).
Old July 9th, 2003, 05:10 PM   #153
Capt. Quirk

Hey guys- I only have two problems... ok, more than that, but regarding this group I'll stop at two :)
First, it is at least a two hour drive.
Second, I am not a Vegas user.

Old July 10th, 2003, 11:48 AM   #154
Tourist

Short Feature in Pre-Production...Dallas

I'm in the process of adapting a short science fiction story by C.M. Kornbluth to a screenplay for a MiniDV short. I plan to shoot in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.

If anyone is interested in this project, email me and I'll give you some more info.

DavidManning767AA@comcast.net

Look forward to talking to you.

-----Dave Manning.
Old July 11th, 2003, 08:15 AM   #155
RED Code Chef

Steve,

I think you can better send an e-mail, although help is probably
not needed anymore. Ash will probably not see your response
since he hasn't been back since that post.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old July 11th, 2003, 11:23 AM   #156
RED Code Chef

Good luck with your first production, Nancy. Do let us know how
it turns out!

Old July 11th, 2003, 11:59 AM   #157
RED Code Chef

No-one??

Old July 11th, 2003, 02:10 PM   #158
Inner Circle

Keith, the issues are going to be about film/video production, ideas, networking, other related things. I'm avoiding the discussions about Vegas vs what ever. I like it, I use it, no need to put something else down at all. It really is just software after all.

Glad to see Adobe answering needs of it's customer base.

Keith you're still welcome to come. Promise no one will try to start a Vegas vs whatever argument at the meeting.
Old July 11th, 2003, 08:20 PM   #159
Inner Circle

Carl
If you still need a boom operator, try posting a notice at Columbia College downtown. That would probably be your best bet.
Don
Old July 14th, 2003, 06:22 PM   #160
High School Student

Camera rental in the Northeast Ohio area?

Hey, I've been running through a project with some people for a while now, and I need to find a place around here (canton, ohio) to rent a better camera (then mine) from. My little low end 1 chipper just isn't convincing/good enough for what we need to do, it will only be a one day shoot (atleast the stuff I can't do with my camera) and I need to rent or get access to a camera like a DVX100, XL1s, GL2, VX2000...etc....

If anyone knows a place around this area that can rent us a nice DV camera for a day or so (for relatively cheap) it would help so much. Even better yet, is there anyone here in this general area that has decent equipment and would want to help out on it? The project isn't for sure yet, and of course no date set or anything, but if it does happen it will probably be in about a month or so, i'm just trying to find some general resources right now.

I'm having doubts about a place around here to rent a camera from, since this isn't exactly the most popular place for "film making". In places like California and New York, I bet theres a camera rental store on every corner. :D

Thanks.
Old July 14th, 2003, 07:09 PM   #161
Wrangler

"Even better yet, is there anyone here in this general area that has decent equipment and would want to help out on it?"

I'm willing to help, Alex.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old July 15th, 2003, 06:51 AM   #162
New Boot

The comments I made about Premeire were just made in fun. I still keep Premeire on my computer. The value in a bunch of us getting together is in discussing challenges we run into, and getting to see first hand how some of us have solved these challenges. I am certain that some solutions that Premeire and FCP users have come up with on certain issues, will be very valuable to VV users. And vice versa.

And once we start getting together with some frequency, it will be a lot easier for us to make a few calls and get someone we know to help out on a shoot, sometimes for free, sometimes for significant money.

I just spent 4 days helping my friend Robert Starling ( http://www.starlingproductions.com/ ) on the shooting of a Mountain Bike Instruction DVD, a shoot with a crew of 12, and with some extremely talented people. I did this for free, both because Robert is a friend, and because I had the chance to learn a level of cinematography and production and shooting that I could never have achieved by reading books.
I can imagine a group of our own, meeting once or twice a month could yield similar benefits to each of us in time.
Old July 15th, 2003, 11:17 PM   #163
Regular Crew

i'm in bakersfield... i know of someone with an XL1... what are you working on?

i might be too late...

Eddie
Old July 16th, 2003, 07:25 AM   #164
New Boot

Looking for some help in Taiwan

I'm living in Hsinying, Taiwan and I'd like to meet some people interested in making DV films. If anyone near the area is interested send me an e-mail. I have a Canon XL1s, Final Cut Pro, and After Effects.
Old July 16th, 2003, 11:47 AM   #165
Inner Circle

Exactly, at a meeting you could tell all of us what you learned and how to apply it.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands