Panasonic DVX / DVC Battery topics - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old July 27th, 2003, 04:35 PM   #91
New Boot

Thank you very much Winston, useful feature...

Stefan
Stefan Susini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2003, 01:01 AM   #92
Regular Crew

Battery Liars

OKAY FOLKS

I've now tried several brands and sources of batteries-- and tested them.

The FINAL RESULTS

EVERYONE, except Panasonic LIES about the mAh capacity of their batteries.

The easiest way to tell if a manufacturer is telling the truth is to WEIGH the battery. Weight directly translates into capacity in the same type of battery.

The OEM Panasonic 2800 mAh batteries weigh 191 grams, and last roughly 2.8 hours with the camera in record and the LCD open.

I bought a POWER 2000 "3600 mAh" (hahahaha!) battery for $69 plus shipping from B & H. It weighed 150 grams, and it lasted 3/4 the time of the OEM battery, i.e. it was really a 2500 mAh battery falsely labled by Power 2000 and repeated in the B & H specs.

I bought an Eagle Imports "2800 mAh" battery for $30 plus $6 shipping, and it also weighed 150 grams. Again, same relative capacity. Probably the same manufacturer as above. It was also REALLY a 2500 mAh battery. At least, this is a good deal - you get your money's worth, and it is more cost effective than the Panasonic batteries which go for about $109 at your local camera discount store for 2800mAh.

I also bought a SAKAR battery, a "2800 mAh" battery from buydig.com-- it weighed 171 grams, but had HORRIBLE life, less than 30 minutes even after several charges and recharges. Either defective, or just plain AWFUL. Buydig gave me a complete refund (as I will expect from B & H for the Power 2000), and buydig sent a perfectly good true 2800 mAh Panasonic battery to replace it- though it cost $119 (including shipping). I didn't mind paying them this much for one battery as I save a bundle on buying my camera from them- and I have had excellent service from them regarding all of my other purchases.

THE MORAL- If you want the longest lasting battery that truly reflects accurately the claimed mAh, Panasonic is the only game in town.

If you want the most cost effective battery, buy the 2800 mAh battery from Eagle Imports on Ebay.
It lasts about 2.5 hours, recording with the LCD open, though the advertised mAh is over generous.

Neil Slade
www.NeilSlade.com

PS- I just converted a $70 Raynox .3X wide angle clip on lens to use with my DVX. It screws on. will post DIY instructions for that and a DIY 50 cent (that's right folks) LCD lens shade that works BETTER than the fancy ones you buy soon.
Neil Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2003, 01:03 AM   #93
Regular Crew

BATTERY LIES

OKAY FOLKS

The FINAL RESULTS

The easiest way to tell if a manufacturer is telling the truth is to WEIGH the battery. Weight directly translates into capacity in the same type of battery.

The OEM Panasonic 2800 mAh batteries weigh 191 grams, and last roughly 2.8 hours with the camera in record and the LCD open.

I bought a POWER 2000 "3600 mAh" (hahahaha!) battery for $69 plus shipping from B & H. It weighed 150 grams, and it lasted 3/4 the time of the OEM battery, i.e. it was really a 2500 mAh battery falsely labled by Power 2000 and repeated in the B & H specs.

I bought an Eagle Imports "2800 mAh" battery for $30 plus $6 shipping, and it also weighed 150 grams. Again, same relative capacity. Probably the same manufacturer as above. It was also REALLY a 2500 mAh battery. At least, this is a good deal - you get your money's worth, and it is more cost effective than the Panasonic batteries which go for about $109 at your local camera discount store for 2800mAh.

I also bought a SAKAR battery, a "2800 mAh" battery from buydig.com-- it weighed 171 grams, but had HORRIBLE life, less than 30 minutes even after several charges and recharges. Either defective, or just plain AWFUL. Buydig gave me a complete refund (as I will expect from B & H for the Power 2000), and buydig sent a perfectly good true 2800 mAh Panasonic battery to replace it- though it cost $119 (including shipping). I didn't mind paying them this much for one battery as I save a bundle on buying my camera from them- and I have had excellent service from them regarding all of my other purchases.

THE MORAL- If you want the longest lasting battery that truly reflects accurately the claimed mAh, Panasonic is the only game in town.

If you want the most cost effective battery, buy the 2800 mAh battery from Eagle Imports on Ebay.
It lasts about 2.5 hours, recording with the LCD open, though the advertised mAh is over generous.

Neil Slade
www.NeilSlade.com

PS- I just converted a $70 Raynox .3X wide angle clip on lens to use with my DVX. It screws on. will post DIY instructions for that and a DIY 50 cent (that's right folks) LCD lens shade that works BETTER than the fancy ones you buy soon.
Old July 30th, 2003, 01:05 AM   #94
Regular Crew

Battery Lies (copy)

OKAY FOLKS

The FINAL RESULTS

Neil Slade
www.NeilSlade.com

Old July 30th, 2003, 01:24 AM   #95
DVX User

im actually trying to get the same company Panasonic uses in China to make 100 5000 mah batteries for me. They are being tested by a 3rd pary for true Mah and cycle life. I will probally sell 90 of them, for the same price as the Power 2000 cells. I just need to work the FOB stuff out with them.

and yes my eagle importers battery lasts 2.5 hours, but it was advertised as a 2500mah cell.
Jarred Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2003, 09:46 AM   #96
Regular Crew

Eagle Life

Yeah, my guess is that the manufacturers of the Eagle batteries now put exactly the same cells in the 2500 mAh batteries as they do in the claimed and labled 2800 mAh batteries-- purely to compete with the 2800 mAh Panasonic Japanese batteries. All these mAh specs in cheaper second party batteries are a lie, no doubt about it.

Neil
Old August 6th, 2003, 11:35 AM   #97
Regular Crew

Best snap on battery for DVX100/DVC80

I am in the process of purchasing one of the above for event videography but cannot find the higher capacity Panasonic battery in stock anywhere. I can only find the 2800 which I considered purchasing two of but would rather purchase one of the longer lasting battery for less.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
Matthew DeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2003, 10:11 AM   #98
DVX User

The 2800-3200mah batteries are an ideal weight distribution, the larger 5000mah batteries make the camera very rear heavy, if that sort of thing matters to you.
Old August 7th, 2003, 10:59 PM   #99
DVX User

yes, I recently purchased one from eagle importers and It was a 2500mah, I think they only advertised 2800mah ones for a while, found out they where really 2500mah and changed them because all they sell is 2500 ones now.
Old August 14th, 2003, 12:31 PM   #100
New Boot

XL1 batteries on a DVX100?

Can youu use battereis for the XL1 on a DVX100? If not, are there any batteries besides the pannys you can use?
Nathan Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2003, 07:08 PM   #101
Warden

No, XL1 batteries will not physically fit the DVX100. Lenmar makes batteries to fit many different models of cameras.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2003, 07:11 PM   #102
New Boot

Thank you

Thank you
Nathan Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2003, 08:41 PM   #103
Space Hipster

Check this thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=12133
Old October 9th, 2003, 10:26 AM   #104
Major Player

Who has the CGR-D54 battery in stock?

Anybody know where we can buy the big CGR-D54 battery? B&H is out of stock. Not much comming up on the internet except one place I've never heard of. The way this thing uses juice that battery is essential.
Rob Easler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2003, 09:59 PM   #105
Regular Crew

Rob go to Ebay and there is a company named Eagle importers or whatever .. their in Utah if you do a search for the panasonic cg d28 it will come up. for 34.95 they have a battery that will last 3 - 4 hours easy its a cgrd 320 is their nomenclature.

I bought 2 and have used them for a couple months and so far im happy. They were quick they shipped fast and well secured. I plan to buy a couple more.. Buying the DVX100 before years end.. depending how those sales commissions go at work. lol

Hope that helps

PS went to site and their# is 801.463.1418
Scott Plowman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant