Panasonic DVX / DVC Battery topics - Page 13 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old February 24th, 2006, 10:00 AM   #181
Regular Crew

Thanks Alex,
My main concern is that these batteries will throw random voltages and damage my camera as Jared had mentioned earlier in the thread. Will they? If so I'd rather throw them out. The battery I bought was advertised at 7.2 volts, not 3.7 and was purchased through a retailer in Vancouver BC.
Dino Santoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2006, 09:07 AM   #182
Regular Crew

I'm with Dino. But an earlier post suggested that aftermarket batteries were OK. Is there any evidence that some will throw random voltages to the cam? If so, how can you tell which ones? Maybe it's better just to stick with the Panasonic ones?

Anyone had experience with the CTA batteries? While going for a good price on Overstock, I've seen the same brand on other sites for $99 - 119. If I can't trust 'em I'll send them back.
Jonathan Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 12:28 PM   #183
Specialized Communications

Scpan-6000

We have just recently made available a 6000mAh for $99.99.

http://www.spec-comm.com/SCPAN-6000.php

Best regards,

Andrew Hoffman
Senior Operations Manager
Specialized Communications Corp.
20940 Twin Springs Dr.
Smithsburg, MD 21783-1510 USA
800-359-1858
Fax: 301-790-0173
andrewh@spec-comm.com
www.spec-comm.com
Andrew Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 01:55 PM   #184
New Boot

Battery belt

I have never bought a battery belt. I plan on going to Africa to do a documentary and I don't want to run out of battery power. Are there good battery belts out there that will supply power for me for many, many hours?
Matt Hockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 02:25 PM   #185
Major Player

Location: Central North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, & surrounding areas)
You could start by looking at the Bescor and NRG offerings.
Mark Holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 07:47 AM   #186
Inner Circle

Panasonic actually have a belt clip battery with a 9hr rating.. i bought 3 of these... the cable is a lil under a metre in length and for its size, its actually lighter than the clip on 10hr battery.

Actual life is about 5 to 6 hours...But you can get the same results frm the 5400/5600 offerings..

i now use generic 5600mha which i get for $80AUD and they last as long (if nto longer) than the panasonic offerings at less than a quarter of the price..
You can have 4 of these and shoot all day. I usually need only one battery change every 10 or so hours when im shooting for long periods using these bateries.
The camera is DVX100 and its in manual mode with EVF only (no LCD used)
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 01:01 AM   #187
Regular Crew

Strange Issue with Battery Charger

I bought two of the extended batteries for DVX100b from BH, the $149 ones..I tried charging them today, and neither would charge in the charger that came with the camera. Do I need a different charger? It would start charging than suddenly the green light would go off like almost instantly so I didnt know if it was charging anymore..after leaving on for a little while longer I'd put them on the camera to be told I have a full battery with only 45 minutes..so it's strange anyone have this issue?
Peter Ferriero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:15 AM   #188
Inner Circle

Hi Peter...........

Query:

Were these proper Panasonic batteries or "knock offs" (aka Generic)?

The reason I ask is that the new battery systems have got so sophisticated, they must have a proprietry chip inside to control the charge rate etc etc.

If the batteries you bought are "generic" then that could be your problem with the charger.

You may well need a "generic" charger to do the job, else, simply leave them on the Panasonic charger overnight and see if they're good to go in the morning.

Don't be suprised if they're not, but be thankfull if they are.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 05:54 PM   #189
Contributor

It is true for Sony, not Panasonic. Panasonic does not put any smart chips in their batteries. I already posted a guess on another forum, might be trying to run the camera while charging. It can only do one at a time.
http://www.dolgin.net
Alex Dolgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 02:33 PM   #190
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ferriero View Post
It would start charging than suddenly the green light would go off like almost instantly so I didnt know if it was charging anymore..
This has just happened to the (full size $150) battery that came with my DVX when I bought it used two years ago. This was an official Panny battery.

My friend sold me the camera, and said both parts were bought new in 2006.

At first it started to only charge half way (the battery indicator would show halfway, and I would get an hour or two out of it) and now recently it barely holds a charge.

Point being, though, I've generally had that weird issue where it barely charges. I've even taken it off the charger, put it back on, and gotten it to get the "Charge" light to come on again. Now it just doesn't charge at all.

I just ordered a replacement battery, but it does make me nervous about the lifespan of my other batteries. I store them in the camera case in my basement - not sure if I'm storing them improperly? Three years seems too short (unless he gave me an older battery from before 2006).

EDIT - btw I have another $150 battery that I bought new with the camera, and it works fine. So there's nothing wrong with the charger/camera/etc.
Roger Matthews is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant