Private Classifieds listings from 2010 - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old January 17th, 2010, 04:32 PM   #211
Inner Circle

I ship internationally fairly regularly from eBay sales... things do change, so no guarantees, but here's what I've learned, FWIW...

USPS insured (only Priority and Express can be insured, the rest is take yer chances) is usually the most cost effective shipping option... and when you insure, you have tracking, and coverage if/when your item doesn't arrive. They REALLY don't like to pay out, so they might actually look for the item if you start a trace... AGAIN, no insurance, no promises, I wouldn't recommend saving the $ on insurance.

It's an indicator of the reliability to a given destination how much the maximum insurance allowed is, I've noticed that to some places the limits seem to be lower than others...

UPS and I presume the other shippers may look competitive, but I got bit when shipping to Canada and they tacked on a "broker fee" that amounted to half the value of the item... unannounced - understandably not a happy situation.

I recommend you research VERY carefully all the fees that the shipper will charge - I stopped using UPS for a while because of lots of shipping damage, and the fee incident... but like I said things change, and I've been using them again for domestic, with USPS for international.

USPS doesn't tack on "broker fees", but you still may have taxes/duties tacked on in customs, and ANYTIME you deal with an international shipment, you should be aware of what those fees will be - may offset any "deal" you're getting on used equipment. IMO USED equipment shouldn't be taxed (already been taxed ONCE, but when an item changes geography...?!), but they WILL, sometimes... so better to give fair warning.

There's no "perfect" answer to shipping, and it's not something most people deal with on a regular basis, so I post what little I've learned along the way, don't take it as gospel or rely on the postal/shipping services being the same tomorrow (gas surcharges, rural delivery surcharges, companies going out of business, USPS changing delivery schedules so they don't go out of business... and so on, for example).

As a side note, when natural or manmade "disasters" occur, you should try to make contact with the seller - I had a package that didn't arrive for WEEKS after I bought it, but I realized the seller was smack dab in the heart of a hurricane path - the item came padded using emergency sandbags... need I say more? I have no idea how the seller was even able to get online... but eventually they did.

Then there was a small item from TX (to CA, 3-4 days transit) that disappeared for 4 months, USPS paid the insurance and everything, and one day it just shows up in the mailbox, no explanation, no apparent damage, nothing... probably dropped behind a piece of equipment and showed up on spring cleaning!

Again, from experience, my advice is to stay in touch with the seller, ALWAYS pay for insurance, check tracking, if it doesn't work, double check the # with the seller, then if it stalls somewhere or disappears, you've got at least some hope of finding it. And ALWAYS se a method of payment with some recourse if your item never arrives!
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:58 PM   #212
Regular Crew

DV Promix 3 Portable Audio Mixer

Bought in 2007 for a project used twice. Been sitting in storage. Has very light marks on the top and bottom from placing inside a soft case. Its very clean, sounds and works perfectly.

Comes in the original box.

Read more about it here DV Promix 3

$375.00 Paypal only please - includes free shipping in USA (accept for HI & AK)
Attached Thumbnails
Private Classifieds listings from 2010-dv_3_front.jpg   Private Classifieds listings from 2010-dv_3_input.jpg  

Private Classifieds listings from 2010-dv_3_output.jpg   Private Classifieds listings from 2010-dv_3_back.jpg  

Old January 17th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #213
Regular Crew

Operators are standing by for your purchase...
Old January 17th, 2010, 05:22 PM   #214
Regular Crew

Sony Mini DV Premium Grade Tape DVM60PRR

Four tapes total - Three sealed, one opened but not used ... Left from a SD project on '07 Stored in a cool and dry non smoking studio.

Total for all = $5.00 plus shipping - Paypal

Sony MiniDV Tape, Mini DV Premium Grade Tape DVM60PRR - $2.2 @ Tape Resources

Sony Mini DV Premium Grade Tape DVM60PRR
Attached Images

Old January 17th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #215
Major Player

Hi Paul. I have a Canon YJ19x9B4 KRS SX12 that I recently retired from use on my camera. I haven't listed it for sale yet but I will in the next few days if you're interested.
Old January 17th, 2010, 08:32 PM   #216
Major Player

Panasonic HPX 170P

This is an excellent deal for anyone planning to buy this camera new. Camera is in perfect brand new condition with 8 hours on the clock. All clock hours are learning hours for me. It comes with ALL original equipment and accessories from the factory. I am the original owner (camera purchased Dec 2009) and have never taken the camera out into the field for a shoot. Camera will be shipped double boxed with the original box inside.

All the info on this camera is on BH Photo. Panasonic | AG-HPX170 P2HD Solid-State Camcorder | AG-HPX170

Email me for additional info.
Price: $4200.00 shipping and insurance paid by me. Any other fees paid by buyer.
Attached Thumbnails
Private Classifieds listings from 2010-img_1265.jpg  
Old January 17th, 2010, 09:12 PM   #217
Regular Crew

Bill, Why are you selling it?
Old January 17th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #218
Major Player

A miscalculation on my part. I will be staying with Sony and upgrading to EX1R. In fact, I am open to a trade for the EX1R.

Edit: I just checked out your website...congrats on winning the The Knot's Best Wedding Award.
Old January 18th, 2010, 05:49 AM   #219
New Boot

O'Connor 50D w/ Peter Lisand Legs

Up for sale is a O'Connor 50D head/ Peter Lisand Legs Tripod Combo.

True fluid head that is smooth as better. In excellent condition with rare dual handles.

Had it checked out at TransFilm in Burbank for possible refurb, they said no need. In perfect working condition.

Located in Pasadena, Ca.

$500

For info: pskenn@gmail.com
Old January 18th, 2010, 07:02 AM   #220
Inner Circle

Thanks Aaron but I need longer focal length and a lens that will take the optical stabilizer.
Old January 18th, 2010, 07:14 AM   #221
New Boot

Pics Attached.

Here are some pictures. 3 pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Private Classifieds listings from 2010-img_7917.jpg  
Attached Images

Old January 18th, 2010, 07:45 AM   #222
Major Player

NOTE: this is an NTSC camera
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:02 PM   #223
Major Player

Tentatively sold.
Old January 18th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #224
New Boot

Aerial Video Equipment for sale:stabilization

Hello,

I am upgrading my aerial video equipment to a dedicated helicopter platform and no longer need my portable aerial video stabilization system. It is portable and can be carried on airliners as checked luggage making it the ideal choice for world-wide use. The system stabilizes cameras up to 40 lbs. in any moving platform including airplanes, helicopters, boats, and other vehicles. The system is considered cargo and does not need any approval to be installed to the back seat of helicopters, etc for shooting from the side. Results are broadcast quality HD video without post production. Income for this equipment is $750/hour and up depending on the client. I can discuss marketing and advice for employing the system. My system includes two Kenyon Labs KS-8 gyros and a dedicated mount that employs camera and gyros into a completely portable system. See the specifics of the system on the manufacturers web site: www.aerialexposures.com/gyroplatform.htm

I am selling the complete system with Canon XH-A1 Video Camera, FS-4HD Digital Video Recorder, and the Mount with Two (2) KS-8 gyros. The system with gyros retails for about $18,000 and the camera and DV Recorder retail for about $4500.

I will sell the complete system with two-power inverters for both 14v and 28v systems.

Asking $12,500. Please email if you would like further details about the system.

blakeavant@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Private Classifieds listings from 2010-mount1.jpg   Private Classifieds listings from 2010-mount7.jpg  

Private Classifieds listings from 2010-mount2.jpg   Private Classifieds listings from 2010-mount5.jpg  

Private Classifieds listings from 2010-firestore_1.jpg   Private Classifieds listings from 2010-mount3.jpg  

Last edited by Blake Avant; January 18th, 2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: new link to aerial exposure
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #225
Major Player

Shipping nightmares

The package could simply be delayed. I shipped a Christmas present to my brother in Colorado. Used USPS Priority Mail (2-3 days delivery) and it took the post office THREE WEEKS to get it there. Tracking showed that it was checked in TWICE to the sorting facility here in NJ. No explanations.

Also, a number of years ago I was doing a swimsuit shoot in Costa Rica and we rand low on tape stock. Called my office in New York to have them send additional stock in via Fed Ex and the tape was held up by customs at the San Jose airport. Had to take a 4 hour cab ride from the coast where we were shooting to pay the duty on the tape. Seems the office in NY noted a value that customs deemed too low and they wanted more $$. When I went to customs to pay, they asked what it was for and I told them. The knew of the sports publication and the annual swimsuit issue and asked for a copy when it came out. Duty was waived!

I hope your case is as simple as a delay in the shipping and not something worse.

Reed

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds