Private Classifieds listings from 2010 - Page 14 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old January 16th, 2010, 05:34 PM   #196
Inner Circle

If it's the item that was posted in late November, the seller does appear to be new with no real track record here, so perhaps a bit lower credibility.

If the shipping label wasn't generated electronically online (that is, if he just went to his local post office and paid for the shipping there), the chances are pretty good he just made a typo when entering the tracking number into the email he sent you. Maybe he can scan or fax you the actual USPS receipt so you can confirm you have the right number. Keep communicating with the seller and share your concerns with him. He should respond quickly with confirmation of the tracking number if he's on the level.

I shipped something internationally via USPS not too long ago and it took forever to arrive, but arrive it did.

But keep the option of disputing the transaction with PayPal in your back pocket just in case.
Old January 16th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #197
Obstreperous Rex

You need to get in touch with me directly, via email (chris at dv info dot net).

Make sure you tell me who the seller is and the amount of money involved.

Please contact me as soon as possible.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old January 16th, 2010, 08:06 PM   #198
Major Player

This item is now sold :)
Old January 16th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #199
Inner Circle

I'm guessing it's the Jib, for $140? Fairly large item, might have been caught up in customs by an overzealous agent, but still should start a trace and get on this.
Old January 16th, 2010, 11:25 PM   #200
Major Player

I just received an item from Canada and it took USPS almost 3 weeks to have it delivered. Mostly due to Holidays. Be patient and make some calls to confirm the shipment - maybe ask the shipper for the scan of the receipt from his local Post Office?
Old January 16th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #201
Inner Circle

Hi Kees..................

If the system works the same there as it does in the UK and here, Customs will have put it into limbo waiting on import duties and GST/ VAT payment.

Customs won't release it till they recieve payment from the Post Office, they won't get payment from you till they have contacted you to say payment is required.

If the poster has not put a contact phone number for you on the package, then they will have to contact you by post.

If the Dutch postal system is as anarchic as both the UK and NZ systems are, that could take weeks.

You could try Dutch Customs and see if they have a record of a package for you, otherwise it's dealing with the Dutch Post Office.

Either way, if the sender has actually sent it, he should have a receipt from the USPS which clearly states a tracking/ system number.

As a bit of advice for the inexperienced, DO NOT use the Postal Service for this sort of transaction.

They don't do international shipping well and there are waaay too many holes to fall through.

Use a name international shipper like UPS or DHL, it's their agents job to keep track of your parcel.

May be more expensive, but..................

CS
Old January 17th, 2010, 03:59 AM   #202
Regular Crew

Captain Stubling DSLR

would anybody be interested in a captain stubling set-up WITHOUT the follow focus? My camera doesn't leave the tripod so im not even touching the thing, its still in brand new condition, just sits in a camera bag

Im open to offers, I don't need to sell it but if the price is right, then i will

I am also open to selling the pieces separately, just so long i have a buyer for everything
Old January 17th, 2010, 05:16 AM   #203
Trustee

I never buy anything that has to be shipped by usps. Fedex or UPS only. Nothing else.Then you have valid tracking numbers, and a company to call if there is a problem

In my other business (motorcycle sales) a shiiping agent sent a title by usps from a vehicle I exported . When the titled hadn't arrive and I found there was no way to track it, I was livid. I would have had to go back to the original owner and hope that I could get the documents needed to apply for a duplicate title. Luckilly the title showed up, but only after 5 weeks!

The shipper, it turns out, used usps because they didn't want to spend the money on a real delivery company. I don't think they'll do it again, because the package also contained several titles for other cutomers of their's, all of whoom wre super pissed off.
Bruce Yarock
Old January 17th, 2010, 05:45 AM   #204
Major Player

happy ending. mic was shipped on dec 29, 2009, hit my house today finally. Priority mail was agreed upon so possibly the post office was terribly backed up at his location or something or it was tossed into the parcel post stack.

Anyhoo, thanks Adam. Everything looks and sounds great.

-Randy
Old January 17th, 2010, 08:37 AM   #205
Major Player

Hi there
I live in France and I bought a XLR adapter and mic from a forum sponsored shop a few years back and the whole operation took nearly three months...

US Postal uses private shipping companies in Europe... for distribution in France it was a company called GLS who have their depot in Germany.

When I managed to track this down I was told they had huge back logs...minimum 5 weeks. I would imagine with Xmas, bad weather etc things arelikely to be delayed this year also...

On top of all that I had to pay VAT on the product, duty, handling fees and then more VAT on the total amount... I had to cough up 80 Euros to the delivery guy... The whole operation saved me virtually zero and took a long time...

The moral if you are in Europe buy in Europe... with the Sterling to Euro rate at present the UK is a good place to try.

Cheers
Gareth
Old January 17th, 2010, 12:13 PM   #206
Regular Crew

Please email me
bosstom@hotmail.com
Old January 17th, 2010, 12:16 PM   #207
Major Player

I have no trust at all in shipping companies. An big antenna that I ordered in GB arrived in two pieces, broken literally in half by UPS. It took me more than a year to get a replacement for the shop where I bought it. On two other occasions, smaller items got lost, by TNT.

When I want to buy something, I take a train or plain and go get it myself. As a bonus, you get to know the seller and that has been a very positive experience so far.
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #208
Major Player

Sony DSR-400

Selling my DSR-400 in order to move to HD. Very low hours -- drum: 103, Tape 85, operation 260. Just don't use this like I thought I would so I'm going to sell it and get a smaller HD cam. Has the A20x8.6berm 20x lens with doubler. Call if interested at (304) 723-5885.
Old January 17th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #209
Major Player

875 shipped
Old January 17th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #210
Regular Crew

REDUCED Portabrace, Callbox DVD, OpTex WA, tripods

All prices reduced! Descriptions below. Starting new thread to reflect new prices:

Portabrace camera case $100
OpTex wide angle/fisheye for Canon XL cameras $150
Daiwa/Slik tripod & head $165
Bogen 3191 tripod with 3066 head $400
Callbox Apple Color training DVD $45

Shipping included in all items to CONUS.
Can't figure out how to post the pics again (bbs system says "already uploaded") so refer to my previous thread or email me for pics.

1. Portabrace camera case: model BR-A CO50/B, similar to their current "carry-on" line.

For compact or fullsize ENG camcorders (like the HPX500, Varicam, etc.). Also useful for accessories, stingers, etc. Legendary Portabrace quality. This is a good around town or airline "carryon" bag. This is foam padded but lightweight, does not contain heavy, rigid inserts except the bottom. Has external zippered pocket for a quick-release plate, and an external mesh pocket. Shoulder strap included also. Excellent condition. No rips, tears, scuffs. Just minimal signs of normal wear.

2. OpTex wide angle/fisheye lens system for Canon XL cameras Comes with front and rear caps. Perfect condition. Glass is flawless.

OpTex, a British optical company, made this beautiful,versatile wide angle lens adapter kit designed for XL-1/XL1S 16x and 3x autofocus lenses. The kit cost over $1300 new. This is not some plastic toy, these are multicoated optical glass elements of very high quality, mounted in machined aluminum. From an online description: "OpTex Wide Angle Optic set comprises two 0.7x optics and an 89.1mm clamp ring to fit onto the front of 3x and 16x Canon XL Lenses. One 0.7x element increases angle of view by 30%, two elements by 50%." In other words, it's like getting two lenses in one. You can use just the rear element alone for a .7x wide angle factor, or use both together for the ultra-wide .5x total factor. With step-down rings you could mate this setup to other cameras.

3. Daiwa/Slik "system 10" fluid head & tripod, LIKE-NEW condition. It's very similar to the current Slik model 508Q system, which sells for $1200 at B&H.

It is literally brand new and unused, with very minor scuffing from storage. It is a solid, well-made, heavy-duty piece of kit, NOT a cheap consumer tripod. 2-section heavy-duty tubular aluminum legs plus a heavy worm-geared elevator (with drag adjustment) for max height of 60 inches and min height of 39 inches. Mid-spreader and wide stance for an extremely solid camera platform. Rubber feet. The fluid head is very smooth and has a preset spring counterbalance and pan/tilt drag. Comes with a 3/8" camera screw only (I believe you could subsitute a 1/4-inch camera screw if you wanted to). Two pan handles included (one pictured). Good for cameras 10-25 lbs, approximately.

4. Bogen/Manfrotto 3191 tripod with 3066 fluid head. Excellent used condition.

I've used this setup with a DVX100, HVX200, and a HPX500 and it delivers nice smooth shots. Canon XL, Sony EX1/3, HVX200/HPX170, etc. are perfectly-matched to this tripod and head, or a DSLR rig.

Sticks: Aluminum with rubber feet with retractable spikes. Self-locking design eliminates the need for spreaders. Solid lever-style leg locks. 100mm bowl. Maximum load: 44lbs. Extended height: 59". Retracted height: 36". Folded height 39". Everything is tight, solid and operates as it should. Rubber feet are in good condition. Normal wear and tear (scuffs and scratches). Only fault is that the integrated bubble level is broken (I level by eye or use a cheap hardware store level)).

Head:
older version of the 3066 design. For cameras up to 22lbs. Adjustable pan and tilt drag. 100mm claw ball. No spring counterbalance. Includes two pan handles (only one pictured). 1/4" and 3/8" camera screws included.
Condition: excellent used condition. I recently replaced the cork gasket that the camera sits on. The second rosette for the left pan handle is not pictured but is included and I will attach it before shipping.

5. Call Box Digital Color Correction training DVD. Exellent condition, original case.
Great introduction to Apple Color and the principles and practice of video color correction.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds