Show Your Work 2004 - Page 16 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old March 12th, 2004, 10:06 AM   #226
New Boot

WOW! That got my heart racing. Good choice of music.
Old March 13th, 2004, 01:43 PM   #227
Regular Crew

Victor,
Excellent footage of Jaws. Looks like much of your footage was from a helicopter or on the water. Is that true? You got some great shots especially of the guys gettin' tubed. They are fearless. I'm working on some footage we just shot a couple of weeks ago at Pipeline. Will post it on our site at: http://www.cr-home-videos.com/ when done. In fact, there's a short JAWS show on our site now of some 60 footers from year before last. Thanks for the show.
Aloha,
Randy
Old March 14th, 2004, 05:57 AM   #228
RED Code Chef

I've edited your posts to make the links click-able. What you need
to do is this:

[ url ]link you want to make clickable[ /url ]

But remove the spaces I put in above.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old March 14th, 2004, 06:15 AM   #229
RED Code Chef

I think it looked okay given the state of the original material. I
did find it moved a bit slow and was "annoyed" by seeing the
same photos over and over again. One section where the same
picture I saw earlier was moving in so slowly I lost interest.
But that's just a personal viewpoint ofcourse. What might not
work for me might work great for the fans or other people.

Old March 14th, 2004, 08:33 AM   #230
Regular Crew

Thanks Rob. Yeah, the limited ammount of material sort of left me struggling to find a way to fill up the entire length of the song.
Must get better.
Old March 14th, 2004, 01:42 PM   #231
Regular Crew

Rafal,
Really liked the vid and agree with Rob's comments. One other thing that stuck out for me was the intro sound and shake didn't match the rest of the vid in feel/style. I guess that's just the intro used for your video production but you may consider striking the sound portion and using the music from the vid with the visual as a musical transition or lead in for the audience into the feel of the video. I really like the creativity of the vid and use of the material you have. You may try to use less of the same picture of the subject but when you do use it, let it glide across the screen slowly while the background is several fast moving cuts of his performances and fans reactions (especially the fans reactions). Making the vid move is the best way to keep attention when you have little to work with. Again, really like the vid. Keep'em coming.
Aloha,
Randy
Old March 14th, 2004, 02:08 PM   #232
Regular Crew

Thanks a lot Randy, Yeah, the intro has to stay so I will have to do a better job of leading into the actual feature. You mention using some footage in the background. I originally started something to that extent but Cincere's manager said that created too much repetition of the video footage and we settled on what you saw. Once again, the HUGE limiting factor was the limited ammount of "good enough" resources to work with. On the side note, todays local paper announced a feature in the upcoming Friday paper about Cincere plus last I heard he's been in talks with Virgin Records.

Off topic but I noticed that you're from the "new" city of Kapolei. I lived in Hawaii for almost six years and my wife was born and raised there. Don't ask how I talked her into moving to Wisconsin but she curses me daily and misses the million members of her family still on the island.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Rafal
Old March 14th, 2004, 08:09 PM   #233
Regular Crew

Rafal,
Sorry to hear that you are missing Hawaii. It's one of those awesome gorgeous days here today. You'll have to come visit soon. Take care.
Aloha,
Randy
Old March 15th, 2004, 01:02 AM   #234
Regular Crew

Victor,
As promised, just posted a video of Pipeline shot on 19 Feb 04. Waves were smaller in the morning but got bigger (some 20's) later in the early afternoon. My brother (amateur) shot this using a Sony digital 8 camera so it's not the best footage. Threw some tunes and a couple of titles on it. Here's my site: http://www.cr-home-videos.com/ . Go to sample videos and click on the title.
Enjoy.
Aloha,
Randy
Old March 16th, 2004, 02:24 PM   #235
Regular Crew

9 min short...The Dance

http://www.olypen.com/sdtaylor/completed.html

(Click "The Dance")

I don't know much about video compression, so the quality for web is a bit rough. Feedback very welcome. Thanks for looking.

Steve.
Old March 16th, 2004, 08:06 PM   #236
Major Player

Check this one out.. 2 minutes only

Hi,
This is my last fiction work...
Letīs see If I can get some feedback, before making the final Cut.

WMV version... Try increasing the brightness about 12 to 15.. donīt know why it looks so dark....

http://www.def3ct.com/federico/videos/dream3.wmv

Quiktime... It seems to be ok here... but havenīt tested it yet on other Computers.. so if it looks too dark, try the same as above.

http://www.def3ct.com/federico/videos/dream3.mov
Old March 17th, 2004, 01:53 AM   #237
Major Player

Overall your editing is good. There's one part that you could vastly improve, however. (Spoiler alert) When the killer catches up to him and puts the knife to his kneck, all the tension has been lost for two reasons: firstly, you already introduced the alarm clock sound, so we know it's a dream; secondly, the dissolve between the knife slit and the watch gives away the cut (the knife cut) too much.

What I suggest is don't introduce the alarm clock sound. Instead, wait right up until the killer starts cutting his neck, right before you would see blood. Then, cut the music and cut right to the watch with the alarm sound. IMO this would improve it a lot; right now we hear the alarm clock sound so we're just waiting for him to wake up, and the tension is lost.
Old March 17th, 2004, 02:00 AM   #238
Regular Crew

new teaser: heads or tails

Hi again everyone.

We just posted our new teaser for heads or tails, dubbed "teaser c". Shot entirely on Panasonic DVX100 in standard mode.

I want to thank everyone on the board for their help and answering questions. This place has really helped out.

Visit www.foolmartyr.com for the new teaser.
Old March 17th, 2004, 06:46 AM   #239
Major Player

Check out my latest composite

Hi all,

Was just playing around in AE with this little idea trying to get a nice composite. tell us what you think

got to www.benzenworlds.com and the "works in progress section"

qt = 11mb wmv = 1mb,

Cheers
Ben Gurvich
Old March 17th, 2004, 08:43 AM   #240
RED Code Chef

I'm not exactly sure what the movie is about, but if I think it is
what you composited then it looked good. The sound is king
though. Turning the volume up (not too loud!!) is definitely a
good thing for this movie <g>

Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work