Show Your Work 2004 - Page 24 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:46 PM   #346
New Boot

Hey, I like the scenery, where'd ya shoot it, geographically? was it near D.C.??
Old May 19th, 2004, 06:39 AM   #347
Major Player

Music Video/Documentary

I'm working on a documentary of sorts for a band in Virginia. My latest clip from their last show can be seen at:
http://www.indecisionthemovie.com/me..._check_2.shtml

This is part one, the pre-show activities, of that show. I have part two, the live stuff, I'll be posting soon but am waiting for the audio for it.

Others can be seen at the site as well, including an attempt at a "trailer". Please help this newbie out by giving some constructive criticism. This is my first attemp at a "movie". They eventually want me to author a 90 min DVD to be sold along with their CDs.

TIA, Dave
Old May 19th, 2004, 09:09 AM   #348
Regular Crew

Hey, I was watching that show this weekend. It trully is a very interesting and well done production.
Old May 19th, 2004, 09:43 AM   #349
Inner Circle

The various "House" shows... Colonial, Frontier, Victorian, Blitz... are easily the most "realistic" of all the so called reality programming. These people commit to spending five months in the settings, and there's no "payoff" to speak of. No million dollar prize, no big commercial deal.

I want to volunteer for the "Medieval" house if they do one.
Old May 19th, 2004, 11:28 AM   #350
Tourist

So I made a zombie movie

Hey, everyone. I just heard about this forum and it looks great; it's nice to be joining you.

By way of introduction, I'd like to know what you think of this little zombie flick I whipped up using a Canon GL1, FCP4, and a lot of fake blood:

http://stout.hampshire.edu/~pmc02/thestory.zip

It's a zipped .MP4 file which (once unzipped) QuickTime should play like a charm, as should VLC. Windows Media Player will need the free 3ivX codec, available at www.3ivx.com.
Old May 19th, 2004, 03:13 PM   #351
Outer Circle

Zombie movie, eh? I like zombie movies, especially the kind were they eat brains. :-))
Old May 19th, 2004, 05:01 PM   #352
Air China Pilot

I saw it earlier today. I love every bit that has a zombie in it. The earlier parts are a bit low budget. As in the acting isn't the greatest. But when the zombies show up, it made me grin. There is some editing that doesn't quite make sense. Like at one point there is like one body, and then zombies pop up from nowhere. Then later on, all of the zombies are gone except for that guy's friend.

I like the bullet effects.
Old May 19th, 2004, 09:46 PM   #353
Regular Crew

NextFest 2004

Heres a short montage of clips I shot at NextFest 2004. Check it out, for a higher quality version email me...

homepage.mac.com/umml/nextfest

Ryan

P.S. Just a quick edit to music, nothing groundbreaking.

Old May 19th, 2004, 11:23 PM   #354
Major Player

It shows you guys had a good time making this movie, the people who played the zombies did a good job. No fast running zombies a la 28 Days Later or the Dawn of the Dead remake, but 'old school' slowely paced creeps. I would have liked to see a bit more story or some twist in the current one, it's a bit straightforward. Nice camerawork and audio effects.
Old May 20th, 2004, 05:21 AM   #355
RED Code Chef

I've moved your post to a better forum suited for displaying your
work.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old May 20th, 2004, 02:30 PM   #356
Regular Crew

not bad at all pretty sweet stuff. Your gunshots were awesome and an A++ on the zombie makeup (bringing the old school dawn of the dead back right on) I liked it a lot.
Old May 24th, 2004, 07:40 PM   #357
Wrangler

AH, sorry I missed your original post Dave. Sometimes it happens. Going to bump it ot the top for you and watch your video after dinner.
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:26 PM   #358
Regular Crew

My Documentary using chroma key virtual sets - How we made a movie

I recently finished a 13 minute documentary where I used virtual sets and chroma key effects with the software Ultra by Serious Magic. I then used Vegas to tie it all together. It drags a little at the beginning but it was a great learning experience. The documentary is how the Tampa Bay chapter of the Florida Motion Picture and Television association made a short movie in two days. Pretty much a learning project for the members.

We actually flipped a car in the movie which was pretty cool and I show that in the documentary. My favorite shot was after the credits roll at the end.

I used my Panasonic DVX100 to create the documentary and it was done in my living room. Let me know what you think.

http://www.magoomedia.com/fmpta.htm
Old May 27th, 2004, 04:19 PM   #359
Capt. Quirk

I think you did a killer job on it, and would love to see the movie. Please accept my praise, and don't take my nit picking to heart.

Aside from a minor pet peave (Chris' hands never stopped moving! But he had a very professional air about him), was the always changing sets. It looks like you went wild with the new stuff, huh? Almost like throwing every transition into an edit.

Keep it up guys... I look forward to seeing more from you.
Old May 27th, 2004, 05:14 PM   #360
Regular Crew

Hi Keith,

Yeah, I heard from a few people that the hand motion of Chris was a little overdid. My wife even mentioned it. It was amazing to me how he just got up and was able to talk about any aspect of the movie with very little rehearsal.

I actually only used several virtual sets but used different angles and subsets of each transitioning from the beginning set (Game Show) to the Sci Fi sets and then back. Of course I had to use the computer set for post editing part : ) There's different tracks and angles in each set which keeps it interesting. Staying in the same set too long (in my opinion) would make for a boring presentation but then again, that's just my slant and I'm still pretty new at all this.

I appreciate your comments !

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work