Show Your Work 2004 - Page 32 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old July 16th, 2004, 12:54 AM   #466
Major Player

My producer has just started using them.
They partner with quite a wide selection of film festivals.
You fill in a one-time entry form and submit entries to all participating festivals. You get a tracking number to which you tag to your screening copies(which you send yourself to the respective festivals). There are some pros like discounts and extended deadlines for members.

They have an extensive list of festivals but there are still some notable ommissions.

Worth a go if you want to track all your submissions in one central database.
Old July 20th, 2004, 08:24 AM   #467
Trustee

Panasonic Varicam HD TV Spot

A couple of weeks ago I was on a shoot for the University of Central Florida's athletics program. The shoot was on a Panasonic Varicam HD camera, outfitted with a Pro35 and Panavision lenses. I was supremely impressed by the footage that we got out of this rig, and for the first time ever, I just couldn't tell that a piece of footage was digital. At all. The colors, the depth of field, etc. Just amazing. I'm not taking credit for it, by the way - the camera rental came with a very adept operator. My only relationship to the material is that the ad (and site) is our brainchild at my day-job company.

Now while seeing this on the web is no comparison to seeing it live, here's a link. It's just a Flash video file and admittedly a little dark - we're going to adjust brightness to compensate for computer monitors soon. The spot has already aired on a local news station here in Orlando, as well as our local ESPN affiliate, and the response (traffic to the site) has been tremendous.

http://www.ucfgetmotivated.com
Click View Commercial in the middle of the page.

Oh... and I'm in there as an extra too. Guy with blue shirt sipping coffee and slacking in the back, before we 'get motivated'. Hehehe...
Old July 23rd, 2004, 10:36 AM   #468
Tourist

Show Your Work 2005

Hey guys,

I new to this board.

I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you guys about my new movie "Might of the Starchaser". Its a 24min animated short in the tradition of "Thunderbirds". By that, I mean I used 5 inch figurines as my cast. I shot it on an XL1. It was hard shooting cause I never used that camera before. Please, take a look at my web site at www.starchaser.ca and take a look at the screen shots to let me know what you guys think. Again, thanks and have a great day.
Old July 23rd, 2004, 03:24 PM   #469
Inner Circle

Looks great. Congratulations on the Sundance selection. I'd kill for that. Nice lighting. I'm a big fan of stop motion stuff.
Old July 24th, 2004, 12:19 PM   #470
Tourist

High stakes and big gambles with a GL2

Hey everyone -

One of my shorts is now up on Ifilm.com! It's an action short, following three cons in Atlantic City. We set out to produce something entertaining and exciting - be sure to check it out.

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2641663

Check it out and let me know what you think!

- Jay
Old July 25th, 2004, 12:50 PM   #471
New Boot

BLue Lite Special - Waking Up Music Video

a local band that i am friends with asked me to shoot a video for them over a year ago, the project fell apart when we never got together to shoot again, plus i thought i lost the live footage, but i recently found the MiniDV tape, and captured it. then edited it into a music video for the song we had talked about making it for.

so here are two versions a med and a high:

Quicktime Med:
http://www.fatkidstudios.com/video/b...up/bls_med.mov

Quicktime High:
http://www.fatkidstudios.com/video/b.../bls_high.html
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:06 AM   #472
Regular Crew

You need a lot more footage most everything besides the vocals are off by a mile.(no offense) if you would have gotten more footage this would have helped) but the lead singer has a great voice.
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:47 AM   #473
New Boot

<<<-- Originally posted by Kyle Kauss : You need a lot more footage most everything besides the vocals are off by a mile.(no offense) if you would have gotten more footage this would have helped) but the lead singer has a great voice. -->>>

yeah i know about the footage issue, the stuff that is black and white is supposed to be off by a a mile, and this is really just a project that i felt like doing causei had the 36 minutes of video of them and found it recently, just decided to edit it for fun really, after ig et back home from florida, we will do a real shoot for a music video.

i only had 1 take of the song that we did teh video for, so it is quite random footage for the rest of it. thanks though for the review =] i appreciate it a lot
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:21 AM   #474
Obstreperous Rex

Very cool! You're right, I'd like to see it a touch brighter. Thanks!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:24 AM   #475
Obstreperous Rex

Congrats, Jason! And welcome to DV Info Net.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old July 26th, 2004, 10:12 AM   #476
Wrangler

Hey Jason, are you the same guy I chatted with a while back at Cutler Camera in the Deptford Mall? We conversed about Wedding Videography and After Effects. Anyway I was in there yesterday and asked for you. If I'm mistaken please forgive me.

Either way welcome to the board!
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:02 PM   #477
Tourist

Thanks marco,

actually, its not a stop motion movie. Just moved the characters around like in thunderbirds. Though, i did hear that Trey Parker is making a simular film now.
Old July 27th, 2004, 01:44 PM   #478
Regular Crew

MiniDisc ad for COM class

Hello,

This is my first post submitting something to watch, not sure why I never did it sooner though... I"ve been visiting a about a year now...
Anyway. Here is a 30 second ad i did for my com class, I could potentially win $500.00 bucks with it. But first i need some constructive criticism.

I'm looking for first impressions. What you get, and what you don't. And overall impressions.

Thanks so much (ahead of time).

www.hazardousproductions.com/films.html

It's the second one, you can either click on low or high bandwidth.

p.s. THe contest is at the University of Rhode Island and we don't even have a film program so the competition is SLIM!
Old July 27th, 2004, 02:43 PM   #479
Trustee

Ah, finally got a chance to brighten that spot. Also, got the second spot up now too! It's also shot on the same gear.
Old July 27th, 2004, 06:46 PM   #480
Regular Crew

No one?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work