Show Your Work 2004 - Page 38 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old August 26th, 2004, 04:22 PM   #556
Major Player

BSCA

Hey Ryan
Thanks for your candid reply, much appreciated. Yeh the music thing was something we were highly contemplating, mainly because of copyright issues as the trailer is shown online. And not being a music fella myself, per se, it took me forever to compose it via soundtrack. I think we'll continue 'wrestle with self' as it may with regards to the music issue, however if we do it ourselves again, i'll probably get a sound designer to compose it as yes, you're right, not very professional *grin*

As for the length, it's approx 3 mins i reckon, and that was sorta our goal to present to the BCSA (British Columbia Surf Assosciation) .. it might be a bit long for a trailer, but i think we were aiming more towards a 'this is what we can do with the footage' as oppose to like a 30 sec promo trailer.

Again, thanks for the comments, and looking forward to hearing more. Cheers!
Vishal
Old August 26th, 2004, 08:49 PM   #557
Regular Crew

Hey Michael. Seems your website is encountering some serious problems. The music & layout are all nice assets but there must be something not going right with the scripting. I tried it on IE, Mozilla, & Netscape and recieved the same results. It's really slow and the links aren't really responding.

But then again, that could be due to my ANCIENT computer. One thing that you might want to consider is having an html page with flash elements. My page is just like yours in that it doesn't really work universally on all computers. So I'm gonna have to rework it myself.
Old August 27th, 2004, 07:24 AM   #558
Regular Crew

stock lifestyle footage (DVX100)

Thought some of you might be interested to see a load of material shot on DVX100. _
_
http://www.redhotfootage.com
_
About 95% was shot with a DVX100.
Old August 27th, 2004, 09:50 AM   #559
Regular Crew

Music Video (shot with XL1s)

For those who might remember, I became a video producer to a Milwaukee based artist who goes by the name of Cincere. Although we produced many intro montages which I have posted before, the time is finally here for Cincere's first actual music video.
The song and the video will be officially introduced in front of a live audience of over a thousand kids, politicians, and other community leaders on September 15th; I will be making my directorial debut. We have commitment from couple of the TV and radio stations to carry a live feed from the event and to broadcast the video on the morning show and most likly re-broadcast it for the night news.
"Daddy" is a very personal song and it covers a tough issue. It was an honor for me to be chosen to produce a video for it, and now, I would like to share it with the community from which I have learned so much over the last year. Please enjoy.

Video for Cincere's "Daddy"
Old August 27th, 2004, 03:34 PM   #560
Regular Crew

Video honouring the troops in Iraq.

http://gfxfury.co.uk/coldpyro/CP/usa.WMV

Didnt take long to make, and I was just exploring some stuff.

LMK what you think.
Old August 27th, 2004, 09:53 PM   #561
Regular Crew

Photo montage

Instead of just exploring the different transitions that came with your editor, try using pans, zooms, composite different elements from several pictures... It can turn a slide show into something special.
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:02 PM   #562
New Boot

animated music video

http://fatkidstudios.com/video/marykills/mary_high.htm

please let me know what you think!
Old August 29th, 2004, 04:30 AM   #563
Regular Crew

That was awesome!
Old August 29th, 2004, 10:08 AM   #564
Regular Crew

Very cool video and message. Being a father myself I wish that other men would be fathers to their children. I can see a big difference in my son vs. other children with no father in the home.

I'm starting on my music video production and I have a XL-1s also. Question. Did not use movie mode or 60i?

Peace Jerome
Old August 29th, 2004, 05:45 PM   #565
Regular Crew

Hi Jerome

Thanks for your comment. To answer the technical question, I went through some experimentation and discovered that I really get the best results if I shoot 60i and deinterlace it later which is what I always end up doing. I also used to shoot 16*9 but went back to 4*3 because the resolution is better. I than mask it in post to give it the wide screen look. My theory here is that You can go from interlaced to progressive but not the other way around and I also want the highest resolution footage to start with.
Let me know when your video is done. I would like to see it.
Old August 29th, 2004, 09:09 PM   #566
Regular Crew

Thanks for the info. What you are saying makes sense to me. I have a possible project coming up. The artist has no budget but is asking about 16mm film for the shoot. I told her that we could do the video in DV and apply a film look in post. Hopefully she will go for that because I need more experience has a DP/camera man anyway.

Thanks Again,

Jerome
Old August 30th, 2004, 06:01 AM   #567
Regular Crew

No budget and wants 16mm? That might turn out a bit pricey. My reasoning behind the music video is this. What are the chances of it going to the big screen? Most likely NONE, thus mini-dv, especially well edited would be beautifull. To get the great color and sharpness, I had my color boosted and sharpnes boosted all the way up in the camera settings. I also had a chance to see the video projected onto 8*12 foot screen and it looked fabulous so tell your performer than you can do just as good if not better for the ideas they have in mind.
Old August 30th, 2004, 08:48 AM   #568
Major Player

Boston Film Festival - "Bert Prentice CEO"

Its been awhile since I posted to the boards. So here it is:

The short HD (transferred to 35mm) "Bert Prentice CEO" has been selected to screen at The Boston Film Festival, September 10-19, 2004.

For more details and other excellent films visit:

http://www.bostonfilmfestival.org

"A Day in the Life of a Corporate Brown-noser."

I moved from light and lens to in front of the camera for this provocative film.

I hope any of you in the greater Boston/New England area will be able to see the event.

Cheers!

Derrick Begin

"Derrick Begin is a nameless, low-rank employee whose job is to literally..." (Come to the festival to find out.)
Old August 30th, 2004, 06:10 PM   #569
Regular Crew

Sounds like a plan!!!

Thanks Rafal,

Jerome
Old August 31st, 2004, 03:02 AM   #570
Regular Crew

Interesting is the word I want to use.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work