Show Your Work 2005 - Page 26 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old April 10th, 2005, 07:33 PM   #376
Regular Crew

Not much of an R&B fan so I'll pass on the first video...The moto-X video was cool as hell though. I loved the choice of music...Your composition was right on and the action was hot man! The only thing that would have made that video better is a little shot variety. And by that I mean some cut-aways...you know some crowd shots, maybe a checkered flag or a hot chick. I've been to these types of events several times and so I know there is a lot going on "behind the scenes". Try to capture that part of the story and you'll find your work even better than it already is. Good work!!!
Old April 11th, 2005, 07:18 PM   #377
Major Player

I thought it looked great.

Who did the final edit? That was a pretty long segment to edit down all of the raw footage.

And agreed, the XL1 did very well.
RED ONE #977
Old April 11th, 2005, 07:21 PM   #378
Regular Crew

Production Company

The company that produced this show is called Film Garden.

www.filmgarden.net
Old April 12th, 2005, 09:34 AM   #379
Major Player

Short Film Documentaries....

Hi all,

Will be making a short film(7 min or less) documentary for a festival later this year.

As it's my first short film doco, i'm looking for any examples of work or weblinks to people's short doco's.

Any examples will be appreciated!
Old April 12th, 2005, 11:16 PM   #380
Major Player

HA, sorry about that, I'm a little slow posting, I missed my own thread!

Brian, thank you very much, very supportive of you! And your right, some shots of other elements at the track would have only added to the excitement of the races that day. Although... crowd shots might have been tough (no crowds), most of the spectators simply did so while waiting to race. :) Not many existed. However I could have added a hot chick, It's the least I could have done! I'll ask the girlfriend to dress skimpy and smile next time for the camera.

Nahhh... she would never do it, smile I mean. ;) haha
RED ONE #977
Old April 13th, 2005, 08:50 AM   #381
Regular Crew

As a proud owner of XL1s, its nice to see XL1s being used for pro-productions.
Kind of an ego boost.
Old April 13th, 2005, 08:50 PM   #382
Major Player

Re-trace my steps....

I just wrapped up editing a little 3 min b&w short.

www.rch-e.com/films/encroachment.mov
It's a 5 meg quicktime.

It's also on triggerstreet.com if you'd like to leave me a review there. I would appreciate it.

The film is titled 'Encroachment.' I had written it, made a rough version that sucked, and then reshot to hone (sp?) in on my skills.

Tech Specs:
PV-DV953 (16:9 normal mode)
Adobe Premiere Pro

Let me know what you think, Thanks!!
Old April 14th, 2005, 11:08 AM   #383
New Boot

something completely different

hi,
so far from the common footages here in forum,
you can watch what i have "recorded" just on old digital camera HP photosmart, 380x240px video resolutions , 15 fps on one 128 MB card... :)

it was a 2-day trip to Paris (to visit my friend) and instead makeing snapshots i have "filmed" 30sec. clips..

edited in Vegas
streaming Sorenson for 1Mb connection speed... so, if your broadband speed is slower, you can press pause button, rew. and wait for a while to buffer the video...

http://www.40801.cz/paris

HW
Old April 14th, 2005, 01:57 PM   #384
Major Player

HDV seminar @ the 2005 Palm Beach International Film Festival This Saturday!

I will be joining Heath McKnight this Saturday 4/16 at the 2005 Palm Beach International Film Festival for a seminar on the new HDV format. We will be screening footage and offering our opinions on the format, the gear, and the possibilities for independent filmmakers.

SEATING IS LIMITED. Reserve your seats in advance by contacting Diane Litt at 561.233.1000 or dlitt@pbfilm.com. Palm Beach Community College, Lake Worth Campus is located at 4200 Congress Avenue, Lake Worth. Parking is available in the Rose Lot on 6th Avenue. The Gulfstream Hotel is located at 1 Lake Avenue, Lake Worth.
Old April 14th, 2005, 10:17 PM   #385
Regular Crew

Looking for feedback for website (Travel DVD)

Hello,

I'm looking for any feedback for my website for my Travel DVD (for Madison Wisconsin)

www.madisonvideotour.com

The marketing launch date is May 10th (My 27th birthday!)

Any tips, suggestions or critiques would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jed
Old April 14th, 2005, 11:00 PM   #386
Regular Crew

Hello Jed, while I am no Internet expert, i simply had some aesthetic suggestions, I hope you don't mind.

0- I have a calibrated Sony LCD, and your photos are a bit too contrasty, and the gamma is set low. The shadows in the trees are as dark as the black frame. They are also too small in size for someone to enjoy them. I would adjust the 'Levels' in photoshop, don't allow the shadows to get too dark, and set the midtones a little higher, to make a more pleasant photo, more fit for tourism. I would also set the size at 640x480 when viewed.

1- A white background for the website can be a bit bland and too bright, does not allow the eyes to adjust, and makes the photos seem even darker. A light color, like the light blue found in this site, may complement the skies better and make it easier on the eyes.

2- A title for the website, like the one here on DVinfo, should be found at the top so that folks know what they are seeing. Below that, some basic information about the site, its purpose, and below that, a large 640x480 sample photo, the below that, a "Click here for Gallery" button.

3-In the Gallery, you can include a caption for each photo, or embed it into the jpeg in white text with dropshadow, describing what we are seeing.

4- A coouple more photos with people's faces in them. Most of the photos need more life, smiling kids, happy couples, a dog running on the beach, stuff like that. You have to look at it from your audience's POV, and make it so they can imagine themselves there.

Here are some suggestions:
http://www.flausa.com/
http://www.iaruba.info/
http://www.tourismsaintjohn.com/
http://www.touryukon.com/

While they may be more complex, they have great examples of color patterns and placement of text.

I hope you the best of luck, and good tidings with your enterprise.

rush.

24 hours of educational video on 16 DVDs, focused on filmmaking savvy, examples, demonstrations, and tips.
Learn Scriptwriting, Formatting, Editing, Camera Operation, Lighting, Exposure, Audio, and Directing.
Old April 15th, 2005, 12:12 AM   #387
New Boot

Fun with green screen

http://www.bigelement.net/odenvzilla.wmv
Old April 15th, 2005, 09:14 AM   #388
Air China Pilot

Awesome stylee.
Old April 15th, 2005, 09:34 AM   #389
Major Player

Hehe... I liked that!
RED ONE #977
Old April 15th, 2005, 10:16 AM   #390
Regular Crew

The style is very "David Fincher". I like it.

If you've ever seen the music video for the A Perfect Circle song "Judith", you'll know what I'm talking about. Even if you've seen Fight Club and Se7en, you'll probably know what I'm talking about.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work