Show Your Work 2005 - Page 31 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old May 12th, 2005, 10:28 PM   #451
New Boot

Crank

http://zed.cbc.ca/go?POS=2&CONTENT_I...TER_KEY=100192

Joan, a materialistic young woman, gets more than she bargained for when she unwraps her brand new cellphone.
Old May 14th, 2005, 12:49 PM   #452
Regular Crew

new Website for indies

http://www.theflux.tv/ seems pretty nice, but a warning on that first film, not for the faint hearted.
Old May 14th, 2005, 09:56 PM   #453
Major Player

Man, that just worked well. It was almost like there was meaning behind it.. like... "The guys go out and drink good beer and be guys"

The music though was what really made it interesting. You didn't by any chance make that music did you?

Also, the XL2 performed well (as it always does) and, like the above post, I just sorta liked it. I really did.
Old May 15th, 2005, 07:46 AM   #454
Major Player

Whip me, Beat me, Make me feel cheap

40th trip video, thought I could use some criticism from someone beside fishermen. This is the introduction for the soon to be filmed (trip is next week) Panama, Pinas Bay.

Anything thoughts for improvement are welcome.

Jim

http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/m/jmmnt/pinas.mov
Old May 15th, 2005, 12:35 PM   #455
Trustee

Looks pretty good. It is hard to give is a decent review because the PIPs are to small to really see very good. But I am sure your audience will be reved up and ready to see this video, so the action and audio are probably going to do their job, which is to get them even more excited. Right?
Old May 15th, 2005, 06:55 PM   #456
Regular Crew

Love to see it but...

"Access Denied. Bandwidth limit exceeded"

I canīt...
RED ONE #476
Old May 17th, 2005, 11:00 AM   #457
Trustee

I liked the visuals. The audio clip does not scream intro to me though. It seemed too even and did not have an 'ending'.
Old May 17th, 2005, 11:05 AM   #458
Major Player

I didn't understand what was going on.
Old May 17th, 2005, 02:50 PM   #459
New Boot

Blue Rose Motel

It is finished! Well, as much as any project like this can ever be finished. This was my first attempt. I had a lot of questions during production and a lot of you gave me some very good answers and advice. Thank you.

Our first festival entry is Crested Butte Reel Fest. I haven't heard yet whether we have been accepted.

I don't have the 31 minute short on the web yet, but I do have a web site containing the trailer and a lot of production pictures and still frames.

If I may advertise the web site, it is.....

EquinoxWorldPictures.com

I hope you like what you see and provide me your comments.

Thanks again for all your help,

Douglas
Old May 17th, 2005, 06:42 PM   #460
Major Player

I thought the footage looked interesting, but the narration in the trailer put me off. Maybe you could edit it to build suspense and hook the viewer in trying to guess what's about to happen.

Also, decrease the shot length - we don't need to see much of each scene, just take a peek to arouse curiosity.

Of course, all just my opinion. I'm just finishing my first short, so I know how hard it can be...
Old May 17th, 2005, 07:27 PM   #461
New Boot

Blue Rose Motel

Thank you, Dave. Good advice. Now I'll see if I can put my limited knowledge to the task.

Good luck with yours.

Regards,

Douglas
Old May 17th, 2005, 07:32 PM   #462
Regular Crew

Drop Off -> A short experiment

Hi,

Here is a small production I put together. It originally started of as an exercise in DOP and camera settings, but in the end the material was good enough to make into something a little extra. So here are the fruits of my labour! Hope you enjoy, and any feedback more than welcome....

On a technical side.... it was shot on s GS400 in 16x9 Interlace; Manual Mode for everything; In post I converted it to 25P. I wanted to see if there was any noticable difference shooting between 25P Frame Mode and doing 50i->25P. In the end, I have come to the conclusion, I actually prefer the look and quality of 25P Frame Mode.

The whole movie was shot in 3hrs on a Sunday morning here in Sydney. My partner Ella plays girl driver in the movie, which I have to thank her for. There were no on-camera filters used apart from a standard UV filter to protect the lens.

Well, you can download two versions... a full resolution / high quality MPEG2, or a smaller WMV version.

1. http://www.robertrobertproductions.c...a/drop off.mpg (MPEG 2 -138MB)
2. http://www.robertrobertproductions.c...a/drop off.wmv (WMV - 38MB)

Enjoy

Robert
Old May 18th, 2005, 02:18 AM   #463
Major Player

very nice short. What was doepped off? Money or what? I did not get that part... otherwise nice edit and focus rolls and all.
Old May 18th, 2005, 04:17 AM   #464
Major Player

Hi Robert,

I liked it. The best thing I can say about it is that the piece drew me in. I really want to know what was in the box ..... or was it just a decoy to get the girl to go somewhere out of the way to blow her and the car up?

As well as that your camera work and editing were great. And your choice of music good as well - I especially liked the heartbeat ... I felt quite nervous watching and waiting .... A little more handheld footage may have added to the tension.

The explosion was the only part that suspended my 'belief' - not a bad effort though :) What did you use to create the explosion?

Good work, and thanks for posting it.

Matthew.
Old May 19th, 2005, 05:46 AM   #465
Regular Crew

Thanks Matt / Dan.....

Good question what was dropped off :-).... I think that will always remain a bit of a mystery.... But if I had my way it would be some of the clothes that my partner owns... she has way too much !

The explosion was done in AE, using a few layers, and some explosion footage....

Thanks

Rob
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work