Show Your Work 2005 - Page 30 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old April 30th, 2005, 10:13 AM   #436
Trustee

There were some nice touches. Overall pretty good.

There were some focus problems, and some of the effects where a little too abrupt. Like the tossing of the cigarette. The time remapping could have been smoother.
Old May 1st, 2005, 11:04 PM   #437
Major Player

I liked this video. I REALLY would love to see what it would look like with a film filter effect on it. Are you able to do that?
Old May 2nd, 2005, 01:12 AM   #438
Regular Crew

awsome video. all it needs is a film look, and your good. i really like it. reminds me of Shadows Fall - What Drives the Weak video. same concept.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 03:40 PM   #439
New Boot

streaming

hey,

i like your video. the colors are very clean and crisp. though i do think it's too dark at times.

the early shots of him in the house, looking at the picture frame: it's not clear what he's doing. moments later, we see the picture frame on the bed.

i would communicate right away that it's a picture frame and that he's in his girls' home.

otherwise it kind of feels like when your watching a play and you can't hear the line that the actor said because they weren't loud enough. you feel slighted.

just my thoughts...
Old May 4th, 2005, 08:04 PM   #440
Regular Crew

Where to post videos?

I would like to start posting some of my work. Does anyone know where I can upload videos for free?

Thanks,
Nick
Old May 4th, 2005, 08:08 PM   #441
Inner Circle

putfile.com
zed.cbc.ca is pretty good, but watch out for copyright.
yousendit.com for times where you may want to email something.
Old May 8th, 2005, 09:56 AM   #442
New Boot

LUCID - My 20 minute short film is DONE - MOVIE inside

I wanted to post this before i got on the road to go home... This is is a pre release of my 20 miunte short film, as there are a few things i want to change after watching it on a big screen. But anyway, here it is. Comments more than welcome.

http://www.doubleitproductions.com/lucid.wmv

20ish meg WMV file. A divx version will come later when i have time to do it
Old May 9th, 2005, 02:05 PM   #443
Regular Crew

Very nice job!
doug
Old May 9th, 2005, 06:42 PM   #444
New Boot

thoughts/opinions? Did anyone watch it?
Old May 9th, 2005, 06:52 PM   #445
New Boot

Want to show my short

Hey all,
Somewhere in here, once upon a time , someone posted info on cheap websites where a person could load movies so people can see them....anyone know where? I have a short which is 18 minutes and too big for my own website because I only have 20Mb of space there...?
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:29 PM   #446
Major Player

I believe Glenn Chan listed these three in another simular thread...
"putfile.com
zed.cbc.ca is pretty good, but watch out for copyright.
yousendit.com for times where you may want to email something."

As for me... I don't know of any locations for this, but if you can send your short to me at abby@danielpatton.com and I might host it for you in our DV stream section on our server. So long as the material is something allowed.

If everything goes okay I will send you back a direct link that you can send to people or post it on the forums. Our servers stream very well, I can send you some examples if you like.

It's just an offer, no obligation.
RED ONE #977
Old May 9th, 2005, 11:44 PM   #447
Trustee

Neptune.com will give you 500 Mb per annum for about $99, while 150 Mb is only £59.
You can also store still pix as well.
They are very good and I often use it to upload material for people to view.

Robin
Old May 10th, 2005, 12:25 AM   #448
Inner Circle

There are a bunch of web hosting companies that oversell their web hosting and will give you a lot of bandwidth at a low price (it costs the company 15cents/GB-$1/GB for bandwidth; if you calculate it out, a lot of the web hosting companies would lose money if you used up their plan). Anyways, if you want your own website to host your videos, then look for bandwidth without strings.
A- Read the terms of service. Certain types of content may be disallowed (warez, adult material, etc.).
B- The TOS also lays out the grounds the host can kick you off. One host has a vague clause which lets them terminate your account if you use 10% of server resources.
C- Look carefully at what happens when you exceed your bandwidth. The best is if they shut down your website. Others will charge overage fees, i.e $6/GB.
D- Payment: You may need to prepay for a certain amount of time to get a certain rate.

Also register your domain name seperately from your web hosting company so they can't hold your domain name/website hostage. I suggest namecheap.com. Some web hosts give you a domain for free. If you wait 60 days, you can transfer it to namecheap.com. Check who owns the domain though- sometimes it ain't you.

2- Dreamhost.com has a promotion where you prepay for a year and it costs you $10. "120GB"/month ($1/GB overage, bandwidth throttling), $1/GB overage, you can manually set the website to shutdown/throlle at a certain GB threshold.
I think it's still running. Search for "dreamhost 777"
Be sure to have your domain registration with a *seperate* company (well before your web hosting expires), and turn auto-renewal off, and bandwidth throttling on.

3- webhostingtalk.com has excellent forums regarding everything web hosting-related. Search before you post.

4- To set your expectations a little more realistic, icdhost.com (a good budget host) gives 5GB/month for $5/month, and they shut your site down when you run out of bandwidth (instead of charging overuse fees).
Old May 10th, 2005, 10:25 PM   #449
Regular Crew

Not able to see it

I´m sorry but i tried to see it and even got the VLC, but nothing, just audio and black image... I´ve been following Lucid since i first read about it from you.

If it´s possible ty to get it in quicktime, that would work, i hope so!
Old May 10th, 2005, 10:28 PM   #450
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Hurtado
I´m sorry but i tried to see it and even got the VLC, but nothing, just audio and black image... I´ve been following Lucid since i first read about it from you.

If it´s possible ty to get it in quicktime, that would work, i hope so!
Sorry it didnt work for you. I am fixing a few audio issues and then finalizing it for the DVD and at that point i will make a quick time version of it.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work