Show Your Work 2003 - Page 36 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old October 8th, 2003, 09:01 PM   #526
Regular Crew

Rally is here!

Rally Round The House had its world premiere last Monday. It airs daily on Discovery at 12 & 3 p.m. eastern. Occassionally, you will see the PDX10 at work with the families in their houses as they are held captive for 48 hours. You will see its POV and it being used from another POV.

In the earlier post a PD-150 was used for alternate footage for production purposes. After producing 2 shows this way, it was replaced with another D-35 Betacam so production footage would match better with the Digi-Beta camera. The PDX10 is still used for the family footage.
Old October 9th, 2003, 04:55 AM   #527
RED Code Chef

That was a nice story, thanks for sharing. Sounds like you are
a lot of experiences richer <g> now! So I assume the audience's
reaction was good as well? That must be a real good feeling when
so much interest is going on in something you worked so hard
and long for.

Any chance we can ever see some footage or a trailer online?

Good luck with the rest!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old October 9th, 2003, 05:56 AM   #528
Trustee

Well done Charles, it's good to hear that your 3 years of suffering dodgy ramen is starting to produce some goods.
Old October 9th, 2003, 10:24 AM   #529

Get Goosed

I'd like to post a trailer or clip somehwere, but I don't know how to do that and I have really slow dialup service, anyway. There are some production photos at http://www.centralcolorado.com/newcomb, however.

There are a few VHS and DVD copies of the film left at Pak Mail (719) 539-7085. I'm not getting anymore made once they're gone, because from what I'm told the distributor will bite that bullet from now on.

The thing I'm most proud of about this film is that I finished it. There were so many times I could have easily justified throwing my hands up and quitting, but I didn't. It isn't going to win any Oscars, but it's a nice little film and has some absolutely beautiful scenic footage in it.

Old October 9th, 2003, 01:03 PM   #530

charles...

i'd like to have a copy on DVD. Can I buy one by calling that number(pak-mail)?
Old October 9th, 2003, 04:01 PM   #531

Get Goosed

Bill:

Yes, you can call Pak Mail and they'll ship right from there. I spoke with them this morning and there were still some left.

Thanks!

Charles

Old October 9th, 2003, 08:30 PM   #532
Major Player

nice

Charles,
Glad to hear that your story(s) turned out for the best.

I'm also hoping you make some money so you can reduce your sodium level via eating some real food <;~)
Old October 10th, 2003, 11:27 AM   #533
Regular Crew

North of England anyone?

Hi all

If anyone's interested, some of my DV work can be seen on the Politics Show on BBC1 this Sunday, but only in the North.

The piece was shot in and around Blackpool at the Tory conference, using a PD150 and edited on a laptop in a grotty hotel room using Avid Xpress DV. Comments and criticism would be appreciated.

PS If anyone watched the news last night and saw someone sticking a PD150 in Iain Duncan Smith's face after his speech, that was me!

Cheers

Damian
Old October 10th, 2003, 06:06 PM   #534
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Newcastle...home of "Brown Ale"...

Welcome to the boards, Damian. I had the pleasure of spending some time in your city. The old church ruins on the cliff make a wonderful setting for filmmaking. That was also the very first place I ever had "fish 'n chips" in a newspaper cone. Lots of good memories there.

Keep us posted on your future shoots with BBC1 (BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, BBC5, BBC6, BBC7, BBC ei-ya-ght).
Old October 13th, 2003, 01:19 AM   #535
Major Player

Overall I enjoyed it. It definitley draws you in and makes you want to find out more. From watching that trailer, I would definitley be interested to see the movie, so...mission accomplished. Well shot and edited.
Old October 13th, 2003, 12:45 PM   #536
RED Code Chef

I agree with Michael's points. I had the same feelings, especially
about the music ending and the branding was too subtle. One
small thing, usually "1 st" is written as "1st" I think. Looked odd
with a space in there.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old October 14th, 2003, 03:03 AM   #537
New Boot

Atom films of I films

Hey every body I would like to pose a question, has anybody that YOU know every had their films shown on Atom films or I films or etc.

When i finish my short i was thinking about sending it to Atom films.

do you think this is a good idea?
Old October 14th, 2003, 07:30 AM   #538
Trustee

AtomFilms.com, iFilm.com and TriggerStreet.com are all great places to get new audiences for your film that you otherwise wouldn't be able to reach. They're all very popular sites, and in addition to the attention you may get for your work, it can be a great networking opportunity with other filmmakers.
Old October 15th, 2003, 10:33 AM   #539
Major Player

I would defintely start with Trigger Street. It took a few months, but we've received a ton of feedback on our recent short. And most of the reviews are coming from filmmakers, so they comment on all aspects of your film. It's also free.

I'm not sure if this is still the case with Atom or Ifilm, but I believe they have to choose your video, otherwise you pay a fee to have your movie online. Also, I find a lot of the comments on films at those sites are from trolls who will just say "this movie sucked" and other one-liners. At Triggerstreet you will get paragraphs of feedback and constructive criticism.
Old October 15th, 2003, 12:31 PM   #540
Wrangler

Hi Stacy,

One of my shorts has been on Atom films.

Check it out:

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/co...rwars_prologue

I agree with Brad, if you are looking for constuctive critisism Triggerstreet is the way to go.

-Nori
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work