Show Your Work 2003 - Page 45 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old December 12th, 2003, 06:53 PM   #661
Regular Crew

Thanks for the feedback. After some more work I got the last half snyched up right on the kick beats - much more punch now. This is actually 1 of 3 riding segments in the project. I'll be posting links to the others in the near future.

Thanks again.

-Kevin
Old December 12th, 2003, 08:19 PM   #662
Regular Crew

Hi Peter,

I did most of the colour corrections in post. I tried to shoot the footage as cleanly and with as little contrast as possible, also with the sharpness level all the way down, so the rushes look grey and dull but retains as much information as possible. Colour corrections in Fishes were done in FCP 3 and for the other 2 films, they were done in Magic Bullet.

Cheers

A
Old December 12th, 2003, 08:58 PM   #663
Regular Crew

talking to fish was shot in singapore right? does the main building (where the boy and girl are in the elevator) have 25 stories? cause i used to live there!@!!!
Old December 12th, 2003, 09:04 PM   #664
Regular Crew

Yep, Talking with Fishes was shot in Singapore, I can't remember if the building has 25 floors though...
Old December 14th, 2003, 10:01 PM   #665
Tourist

Thanks!

Thank you so much Kieran, your response was very helpful, and I basically agree with everything you commented on. I would love to follow someone with a camera, it just wasn't possible that weekend because I was competing too! And I don't know that much about the technical aspects of my camera, or about special effects. That's why I've done nothing but documentaries so far- they have less of a focus on special effects.
Getting free music is something I've been wondering about as well- I guess I could find it if I just looked more, but what are there any sites you recommend for good music that's not copyrighted? I love Idlewild too, but unfortunately I'm not at the point where I can legally use them! Thanks Kieran!
-Elsa Kim
Old December 15th, 2003, 01:47 AM   #666
Regular Crew

Elsa!

What are you doing here? =) Haha, it's surprising to find you on this board, but I'm glad you came here. DV Info's forum has been the most helpful resource I've ever found online, and if you're looking for helpful comments from people who know what they're talking about, you've come to the right place.

Now for an opinion from a friend and non-professional, I really enjoyed the documentary. I also agreed with everything Kieran said, but on a small sidenote, I think you should try cleaning up the audio a tiny bit. As high school students, I know that we can't afford the best equipment, but you can still tweak the audio some with a decent audio editing program. The microphone buzzes (most noticeable in the voice overs) were a bit distracting, but overall not a big problem.

But anyways, I enjoyed your documentary and I think you should post up your other ones. The rough edit I saw of your AP History documentary was great, and I'd really like to see the final cut. Keep up the good work, and don't be afraid to branch out from documentaries - you obviously have a lot of potential and, with this board, all the help you could ever need! Oh yeah, and congratulations on getting into Harvard!

- Chris Yi
Old December 22nd, 2003, 01:07 AM   #667
Regular Crew

DVX100 footage

hey kids...

I found some more of my DVX100 footage from this summer lying around. Take a look at her. Sorry no sound! Its chuncks taken from my 5min short film called "Floor 5ive"!

The black car stuff is just other stupid stuff. Hope to post full complete version of "Floor 5ive" soon!... when i have time eh!

http://www.illconcepts.com/muhahaha.mpeg
Old December 22nd, 2003, 03:41 AM   #668
New Boot

A Christmas film

Take a look at this:

http://www.woodpeckerfilm.fi/rare/

A christmassy short, don't know why it's made... Nor if this was shot on film or HD or DV, but the looks are simply great. It's worth loading the full size version, because the picture quality is quite superb.

Have an enjoyable time watching this :)

-Jarno Satopaa

PS. The material shown includes shots that may be inappropriate for young children. You decide...

PPS. I have no connection with the group that has made the film, just found it on the Net.
Old December 22nd, 2003, 07:18 AM   #669
Warden

Loads extremely slow, (I'm on a cable modem) though it may depend on time of day. I gave up after 15 minutes and only the first 30 seconds had downloaded.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old December 22nd, 2003, 08:30 AM   #670
Major Player

jeff it is 67mb big. I ended up ripping out the direct link and simply downloading, it is worth the watch.

Zac
Old December 22nd, 2003, 08:47 AM   #671
Warden

The link is not setup right to download on a Mac. However, on a cable modem a 67mb file downloads in several minutes at the most (assuming at least a reasonably fast server).

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:09 AM   #672
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

It allows you to "Save as" once you've downloaded on a Mac. It IS worth it.
Old December 22nd, 2003, 10:42 AM   #673
New Boot

Yeah, the server seems to be quite slow... Checked the speed too, and it takes almost half an hour to download.

It still makes me laugh... But, as some may think, it's a tad harsh, maybe...

-J
Old December 22nd, 2003, 11:55 AM   #674
Regular Crew

My First Short (Video)

My friend and I were studying at our university library...we got tired of studying and luckly I had my camera with me. The "script was thought out as we went and the "shoot" took about 15mins - the elevator was a bitch...waiting for a free one and then making sure we got it down right. Anyways, enoy...but realize that this wasn't a pre-planned thing...just some fun. Oh yeah, and colour adjusted to add to the weirdness in post.

Here:
http://static.zed.cbc.ca/users/r/rhe...eakybook-1.wmv (6.71 mb)
Old December 23rd, 2003, 05:12 PM   #675
Major Player

Great! I just love it!

Jarno, what does the hunters say? I'm from Sweden but can't figure it out...

I would love to get to know what the setup was.
35mm? 16mm? Really really good..
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work