PD150 Questions - Page 14 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old October 28th, 2007, 05:51 PM   #196
Regular Crew

Russ - Thank you for replying. Yes, 'assy' is indeed short for assembly which I was able to figure out; however, I still don't know what the "CD Board" is. I was hoping that someone from this forum would know.

Stylianos Moschapidakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 07:30 PM   #197
Wrangler

Hi Stylianos. I can't link to individual pages on this site, but go here:

https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-parts.aspx

In the Parts Finder box enter this: dsrpd150 and click Search. Now pick your specific model from the list and click on it. Then click on the button to search all categories. It looks like this would be the CD-254 BOARD, COMPLETE part. Usually there's a drawing (exploded view) of the part, but that doesn't seem available here unfortunately.

But this might be of interest. Here's a VX-2000 (consumer cousin of the PD-150) being "dissected": http://www.camcorderservice.nl/indexvx2000.htm
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 12:31 PM   #198
New Boot

Fixed

Hi people just to let you know I sent my camera away and the store said it would cost 370 pounds to fix i declined this price but when it got returned it was fixed I was so happy just thought i would let you know what happend
Gareth Dodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 12:54 PM   #199
New Boot

Sony pd150 youtube settings

Hello people I was wondering if any of you guys could advise me on setting up my Sony pd-150. for youtube I am in need to film better quality footage as my friends camcorder had better results. I would prefer to use wide screen for the shoots and unsure on what format to use dvcam mini dv sp/lp and so on we do use lighting and film out doors and in doors
my camera was second hand so not sure what it should be set to
if any one can advice me on any setting this would be very appreciated
Gareth Dodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 01:23 PM   #200
Wrangler

If you haven't set up the camera at all, it might be a good idea to reset it to factory defaults. Look at the control panel in back of the LCD and you will see a small hole with the word Reset molded in the plastic. Use a paper clip to reset the camera and you are now back to square one.

In general, the camera will take great footage. You can deviate with manual settings if the camera doesn't do what you want. Any manipulation to feed the YouTube format requirements will very likely need to be done in a post process.

There is absolutely no difference betweeen DV & DVCAM in terms of image quality so use DV.
Old November 29th, 2007, 01:29 PM   #201
Inner Circle

Good idea of Mike's to reset the camera, but this will mean it defaults to the lower quality 12 bit audio mode. Best to then change that back to 16 bit 48 kHz in the menu. And again he's right - the DVCAM, DV (LP and SP) all give the same picture and sound quality.

If you shoot in the camera's widescreen mode the quality won't look quite as good on a 16:9 TV, but for You Tube it will be fine. Use the ND filters to keep the aperture around f/4 for the best quality results, and keep the shutter speed at the default setting.

For YouTube you might want to bump the sharpness and contrast slightly on the timeline when you're compressing to WMV.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 05:35 PM   #202
Major Player

cool, did they ever say what was wrong with it?
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion