PD150 Questions - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old December 17th, 2003, 06:10 PM   #121
Regular Crew

Does anyone have footage of up-rezzed PD150 footage

I was on the DVX100 and HD10 forums and they had some up-rezzed DVX100 footage that looked awesome. Has anyone seen what the PD150(or PD150p) looks like when up-rezzed
Mark Grgurev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2004, 09:02 PM   #122
Regular Crew

How to lock the exposure with PD150

Really stupid question...
How do I lock the exposure in my PD-150???
If I use manual Iris, it still seems to automatically adjust...
If I use manual exposure, it also does this...
Do I need to use a combination or go into some sort of other mode ???

Thanks for your help !!!
Lester DeLeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2004, 09:11 PM   #123
Wrangler

Shutter and aperature need to be in manual. Helps to put gain in manual too. Then if you want to lock them from change even in manual mode, you can slide the upper-left switch on the rear of the camera to LOCK
Old January 24th, 2004, 09:13 PM   #124
Regular Crew

THANKS !!!..that was quick...
Lester DeLeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2004, 01:55 PM   #125
Wrangler

Ahh. We're only inaccurate, not slow <G>
Old March 12th, 2004, 06:42 AM   #126
Nicholas

PD150 Head Clean?

I've had my PD150 for over 18 months now and have been using it quite regularly (weddings) and I've never had a problem. My question is - when should you use a head cleaning tape? Should I have had it serviced at all? What do you guys do?
Old March 12th, 2004, 12:44 PM   #127
Wrangler

I clean the heads on my 150 when they need it. Which, so far, has been never. Same for my other cameras, my DSR-20 and all the cameras at the local college.

After a few years of use, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to ship it off to someone good and have it cleaned, lubed and align-checked (don't automatically have some one realign it because if it is your only deck and they 'make it right,' you've just lost the ability to read your old tapes).

I prefer someone I know rather than a generic shop. And that includes Sony. I'd prefer a local pro shop or someone like Armatos.
Old March 12th, 2004, 01:44 PM   #128
Inner Circle

2 plus years on 2 150's with hard useage and I've cleaned 1 camera 1 time because of some dropout/pixelation problem. The other NEVER. I absolutely agree with Mike, if you have it done make it by someone you know and trust. I have never and I mean never sent any camera I've ever owned back to the mfg for "routine" maintanence. However my take is simple, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"!!!!!
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2004, 03:52 PM   #129
Regular Crew

Video Drop out on PD150

Hello,
Have had my 150 for about a year now, no problems until I noticed a small drop out in the video yesterday. Decided to record over a short 10 minute section of tape. As I played it back I noticed a quick 2-3 second horizontal bar playing the new video reorded over the old. Both were taken in DVCAM. The last 5 minutes are fine. Just that 2-3 seconds in the middle. Should I throw in the head cleaning tape for 5 seconds or is this just a really minor drop out that shouln't be worried about?

Also, I noticed for some reason on one of my tapes that I recorded in DV and DVCAM, Is this really hard on the camera as it switches when playing back?

Thanks everybody!
Take care,
Todd
Todd Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2004, 04:16 PM   #130
Outer Circle

There's no reason to panic. If you would have used a fresh tape or a stripped tape, most-likely you wouldn't have had that drop-out.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2004, 05:38 PM   #131
Wrangler

Re: Video Drop out on PD150

<<<-- Originally posted by Todd Moen :

As I played it back I noticed a quick 2-3 second horizontal bar playing the new video reorded over the old. Both were taken in DVCAM. The last 5 minutes are fine. Just that 2-3 seconds in the middle.

Also, I noticed for some reason on one of my tapes that I recorded in DV and DVCAM, Is this really hard on the camera as it switches when playing back?

Thanks everybody!
Take care,
Todd -->>>

Normally you should place only DV or DVCam on a single tape as the playback transport can become confused.

Notably, the only bad video I ever had from my 150's is when I recorded DVCam over a DV tape. No idea why and the tape was new. I tend to keep the tapes separated now. I had not meant to record DVCam at all on the 150 but this was a replacement unit Sony sent me and I forgot about the Factory Settings (only momentarily as it turned out!).

You certainly could run a cleaning tape for 5 seconds, no more. But running more regular tape and checking the performance would probably do as well.
Old April 27th, 2004, 12:20 PM   #132
Tourist

Focusing problem... I lose focus on my pd150

hi all ... i am having a problem with focusing with my pd150.
i would zoom into my subject and then zoom out..i will be able to get to a certan point then the focus will go completely.
can any1 help me there.??
thanks
Kervin Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2004, 07:11 PM   #133
Tourist

Questions about Sony DSR PD150

Hi there,
I'm john and am new to this forom. I'm new to this neiborhood. Sing with me first before I get to my question....emm... A video producer is a person in your neiborhood, in your neiborhood, in your neibor..ho..od. Very good, thank you. I do video production for my part time business and hope to grow to full time. I do different videos but I really like doing travel videos. I bring my camping gear and video equipment and go off into remote jungle aeras with locals and meet tribe people and missionarys, catch snakes, island hop, eat strange food, climb mountains, shoot many interesting tropical plants and animals, try to aviod conflicts with hungry monkeys, sleep in my tent in different places, avoid getting tangled up with jellyfish, ect. I would like to hook up with people with similer interests and plan other trips. I am in the process of edditing to videos, both in the Philippines. One on the main island of Luzon and one on Palawan. I then plan to make a website and sell them. I am a christian and thus give a christian perspective to my videos. I enjoy making videos and want to continue to learn to make them better in all aspects. I am using a PD150 and a video toaster. Does anyone know about the Digital Optics .45 wide angle lens? I think I overpaid for it but I hope it will serve as a good lens. I would like to get a lens hood for the lens with a lens cap if possible. I'm having trouble finding that at the moment. Also I would like to fing a training video on my camera so I could learn the ins and outs on using all the manual adjustments. Any help with this stuff from you camera wizzards would be great. My email is highendvideo@hotmail.com Thank you. John
Old July 4th, 2004, 10:31 AM   #134
Major Player

There's a lot of info on this camera and the vx2000 on the BBC site.
http://www.bbctraining.com/

Here also:
http://www.urbanfox.com/
Kevin Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2004, 07:11 PM   #135
Wrangler

A tour through the archives here wouldn't be so bad either, Kevin

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion