Ridiculous Job Offers / Demands!! - Page 48 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Closed Thread

Old May 24th, 2006, 02:16 AM   #706
Regular Crew

"Brian,
********** here. We met at the ******** mixer a few months back.
Hope you are doing well.I am contacting you in regards to my upcoming
production that will be shooting this fall. We still have a few crew
positions to fill including UPM/1st AD, Script Supervisor, Boom
Operator, Grip, Gaffer and was curious if any of these positions
appealed to you.
The shoot will be over 5 consecutive 6-day weeks from ****** to ******.
Most positions are on a deferment basis, but hotel accommodations, meals,
copy, and credit will be provided.
Please send me an email, along with your contact info, if this is
something you would like to discuss further.

Talk soon,
Producer"

30 days of work on a 100% deferment? Is this guy out of his mind or what?
Old May 24th, 2006, 02:43 PM   #707
Regular Crew

Here's a good one.

Art PAs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: gigs-164248400@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-05-24, 2:25PM EDT

Currently looking for Art PAs to work on feature film with name actors. Looking for team leaders who have a good eye for set design and have a passion for making a story come to life. Will be working closely with director and executive producers. Great networking tool for someone who is out of school looking to build their resume. If interested please send email w/ resume and daily rate. Please keep in mind that if you are willing to volunteer your time you gaurenteed to work on this film. NO ATTACHEMENTS!! PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE WILLING TO WORK FOR NO PAY.

So....send me your rates. But if I find some schmuck straight outta film school to do it for nothing....you get nothing. Thoughts, anyone?
Old May 24th, 2006, 03:54 PM   #708
Inner Circle

A little closer to home:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=68089
Old May 24th, 2006, 04:39 PM   #709
Capt. Quirk

It was his first and only post. He must of thought this was Craigs List...
Old May 24th, 2006, 04:44 PM   #710
Regular Crew

That's a troller if I ever seen one! That was his first post and I bet his last. You know it's bad when Craig's List isn't producing enough suckers anymore. I wonder if the Chicago crew is doing it for free too? I bet not!
Old May 24th, 2006, 08:15 PM   #711
Slash Rules!

I thought Chris was gonna delete postings like that, from newbies?

Anyway, here's one that's no only ridiculous, but will lead to some very awkward and uncomfortable experiences. Have fun.

On the search for videographers & photographers for homeless doc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: gigs-164399224@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-05-24, 8:55PM CDT

There are several things I am looking for all or in part.

1. I am looking to get video footage shot on a mini DV camera of homeless people in your area and surrounding areas that are sleeping on the street in doorways, alleys and parks. And homeless people wondering the streets during all times of the day and night. The video footage can be up to one hour but no more. Also I will need you to film at the highest resolution you can so do not shoot on LP.

2. I am looking to get four interviews with homeless people where you ask them to tell their story and ask them some questions that you come up with. Remember that we are not trying to influence their answers but to get the facts the best we can. No more that one hour total footage for the interviews.

3. High resolution photo's of homeless people during all times of the day and night. Remember after you get the pictures you need to try and get a release from the person. I will need you to keep a log of the pictures you take and for which people you get releases from. You will need to send these to me on a DVD disk.

this is in or around Hpuston

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Compensation: camera operator, photographer and research assistant credits and a copy of the completed DVD
Old May 26th, 2006, 10:49 AM   #712
Regular Crew

Reply to: gigs-164399224@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-05-24, 8:55PM CDT

There are several things I am looking for all or in part.

1. I am looking to get video footage shot on a mini DV camera of homeless people in your area and surrounding areas that are sleeping on the street in doorways, alleys and parks. And homeless people wondering the streets during all times of the day and night. The video footage can be up to one hour but no more. Also I will need you to film at the highest resolution you can so do not shoot on LP.

2. I am looking to get four interviews with homeless people where you ask them to tell their story and ask them some questions that you come up with. Remember that we are not trying to influence their answers but to get the facts the best we can. No more that one hour total footage for the interviews.

3. High resolution photo's of homeless people during all times of the day and night. Remember after you get the pictures you need to try and get a release from the person. I will need you to keep a log of the pictures you take and for which people you get releases from. You will need to send these to me on a DVD disk.

this is in or around Hpuston

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Compensation: camera operator, photographer and research assistant credits and a copy of the completed DVD[/QUOTE]

If more gigs like that keep popping up, I'm gonna be one of the poor dudes getting interviewed.

"Back in my day, people paid their dag gum workers! With real money!"
Old May 26th, 2006, 11:04 AM   #713
Slash Rules!

You forgot to add "by the way, do you have anything to help me out? i just wanna get a hamburger, and then I'm gonna catch the subway 'cause I got a brother up in Dallas who's got a job at his rubber band factory lined up for me." This funny of course, because there is no subway in Houston.
Old May 26th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #714
Regular Crew

Seth, it looks like that thread that you posted earlier has caught the attention of several other DViers.
www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=68089
Old May 29th, 2006, 02:35 PM   #715
Slash Rules!

Yawn. . .blah blah blah:

"Camera man Intern
Reply to: bfhcfh@aol.com
Date: 2006-05-29, 9:58AM EDT

Camera man needed for the summer to film Brandon Hughes. Brandon Hughes is hosting a fashion show interviewing celebrities, designers, photographers, musicians, etc. Must have knowledge of film, operating camera, must be in control when in room of celebrities. Must be absolutely available any day of the week for the summer and at any time! Credit given for college students and if not in college, something spectacular to put on your resume. You will experience the opportunity of a life time! HURRY, production starts this week!

Segments shot in NYC and Hamptons. Must be available to be in both areas at any given time.

* yes -- it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
* Compensation: Credit or free

"
Old June 2nd, 2006, 10:43 AM   #716
Trustee

This is getting repeatitive

yada yada, no pay, we need to see your reel, bring your own stuff, only those with experience and on our list can come.
----- ATL craigslist ----
crew needed for music video shot (crew interview)

Reply to: job-167016957@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-06-01, 6:16PM EDT

We are looking for a music video crew to shoot a senior seminar project which we are planning too also drop on BET and MTV. THIS IS A NON PAYING JOB.

I know this is getting old but you will get good food and a copy of the music video for you reel.

we are also looking for someone who have there own gear Panasonic dvx 100 a or b or even high def camera, focus enhancement fire wire hard drive, P+S Teknik adapter or red rock adaptor with primes to pull focus, jib with remote. Lighting and grip gear.

Our school has limited gear but we will get all the equipment we can get.

We are looking for the following crew.

Director of photography.
Gaffer
Camera operator
2nd Assistant camera operator
Key grip
Best boy (electrician)
Best boy grip
Hair make up
Wardrobe
Production assistants.

We are having interviews on the 3rd Saturday 2006 10:30 am at American intercontinental university (buckhead campus). Please bring a resume and a demo reel. Also please make sure to reply to this posting because we have a strict door policy at AIU and we want to make sure that your names are on the list to attend interview.

directions
(cut so post is not so long)

Thank you very much and see you at AIU
Old June 2nd, 2006, 11:26 AM   #717
Slash Rules!

Are they living in fantasy land? Who's gonna interview for this thing? Speaking of which, why interview at all? Why not just accept whoever offers to help, and be grateful?

I like they acknowledge that it's "getting old."
Old June 2nd, 2006, 12:09 PM   #718
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Ellis
yada yada, no pay, we need to see your reel, bring your own stuff, only those with experience and on our list can come.
----- ATL craigslist ----
crew needed for music video shot (crew interview)

Reply to: job-167016957@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-06-01, 6:16PM EDT

We are looking for a music video crew to shoot a senior seminar project which we are planning too also drop on BET and MTV. THIS IS A NON PAYING JOB.

I know this is getting old but you will get good food and a copy of the music video for you reel.

we are also looking for someone who have there own gear Panasonic dvx 100 a or b or even high def camera, focus enhancement fire wire hard drive, P+S Teknik adapter or red rock adaptor with primes to pull focus, jib with remote. Lighting and grip gear.

Our school has limited gear but we will get all the equipment we can get.
Wow...I mean a DVX is one thing...but focus enchancement drive, P+S teknik...with primes! Jib, lighting, grip... what limited gear does the school have? Paper and clipboards?
Old June 2nd, 2006, 02:05 PM   #719
Regular Crew

I wonder if they ever get any legitimate responses. I'm curious.....whose up for posting an ad like this, just to see if anyone replies?
Old June 5th, 2006, 12:52 AM   #720
Regular Crew

And one from Thailand

Just not in the US, this is from Craigslist Bangkok:

Looking for NATIVE, Local Thai with excellent English ability and acting experience to host a series of short travel videos.
Payment will be per segment, each will require approximately 2 hours to film, and will be compensated 250 baht/segment.
Must be able to memorize English script, be comfortable in front of a camera.
Pay is low (because the budget is low overall), but will be great exposure (international) and great resume experience.
Please email headshot, resume detailing acting experience, schedule availability, and contact information to reply address above.

Possible future opportunities as well.

By the way, 250 baht is about $6.50 US!

I think this is more insulting than just asking to do it for free...
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business