Ridiculous Job Offers / Demands!! - Page 47 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Closed Thread

Old May 14th, 2006, 04:08 PM   #691
Regular Crew

Someone else was commenting on this on the local board but here it is for all you DVi'ers. They want you to shoot, edit and encode for no guaranteed pay.

Quote:
"Initial information we need:

a) Name

b) Address

c) Phone

d) Email

e) Brief description of content - including length.

If we like your pitch we will set you up with an account for you to upload your work. You upload. As part of the upload, you give us a 30 day option, which means that you agree to let us (and only us) evaluate it for up to 30 days.

If we like it we will exercise the option and buy the exclusive rights to broadcast the piece.

If it's not right for us at this time we will not exercise the option, we will not use it, and you will not be paid."
Old May 16th, 2006, 02:42 PM   #692
Regular Crew

So basically....you need someone to run the whole shoot?

PA / Associate Producer - wear many hats (Unpaid)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: gigs-161435149@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-05-16, 2:51PM EDT

We are shooting a short project and need someone - who is responsible - to be in charge of the following tasks:

1. Mark takes and keep log sheet of good shots (we can teach you how to do this)
2. Secure Locations: We need an outdoor restaurant location for one scene.
3. Scheduling: Ensure actors and crew arrive on time. Make sure actors
have wardrobe.
4. Continuity: Take digital camera shots of room and actors in case need to re shoot
5. Assist with editing on Final Cut Pro (optional)
6. Search and obtain reels of composers willing to work for free.
7. Make sure we get roomtone
8. Find someone (or personally monitor) the radio mike levels. If sound too loud or too soft or actors mumble, make sure there is a retake of that line.

Must live in, or near, Manhattan. Send cover letter and resume. Starts immediately.
Shooting weekdays and occasional weekends, not long hours, but you need to be available when we are shooting.

this is in or around manhattan

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Compensation: meals provided
Old May 16th, 2006, 03:30 PM   #693
Inner Circle

That's it! I'm going into real estate or something! $450 a day for a Sony PDW-F350 WITH Cameraperson! AND he might go CHEAPER for long term projects!

So you spend like $40,000 PLUS for a camera kit and you charge $450 a DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XDCAM HD Camcorder for Hire

Reply to: peddyz@gmail.com
Date: 2006-05-16, 4:44PM EDT

I just received my spankling new PDW-F350 XCCAM HD camcorder, with a beautiful Fujinon FUHSS18X55BR HD lense. I will rent the package for 450 dollars a day with cameraman or 400 dollars a day with assistant. This is as cheap as you are going to find it so make sure you jump on it. This is better quality then HDV and also gives you ability to control your frame speed. Please do not call and ask for cheaper rates unless you have a long term project. Then I might consider it.

Job location is Manhattan, Westchester, New Jersey
Compensation: 450/400 a Day
Old May 16th, 2006, 07:37 PM   #694
Slash Rules!

Does the post before you realize that securing that outdoor restaurant might be a problem with no money?
Old May 17th, 2006, 06:38 PM   #695
Slash Rules!

No sh*t, this was in the Houston craigslist TV/film/radio jobs section.

"Decent Proposal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: job-161910565@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-05-17, 6:03PM CDT

Are you a good looking lady trying to make money to supplement income or to make end meets. We all use our assets to do what we can. Why not use your beauty?
Whats wrong in a "friendship" with "benefits". Be my intimate friend and I will pay you in order to do so. Compensation will be $75 each session, I cannot pay more because I want it to be a regular thing and not one time thing.

I am a nice guys and I expect you to be a normal person. I see so many students stuggling to make ends meet. I see so many stay at home wives trying to supplement their income. Whats so wrong in having some fun and make money too.

Job location is Houston

Compensation: $75 each session

no -- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.

no -- Please, no phone calls about this job!

no -- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

no -- Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT OK.

"
Old May 17th, 2006, 07:48 PM   #696
Inner Circle

But does she have to bring her own camera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Bass
No sh*t, this was in the Houston craigslist TV/film/radio jobs section.

"Decent Proposal

Reply to: job-161910565@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-05-17, 6:03PM CDT

Are you a good looking lady trying to make money to supplement income or to make end meets. We all use our assets to do what we can. Why not use your beauty?
Whats wrong in a "friendship" with "benefits". Be my intimate friend and I will pay you in order to do so. Compensation will be $75 each session, I cannot pay more because I want it to be a regular thing and not one time thing.

I am a nice guys and I expect you to be a normal person. I see so many students stuggling to make ends meet. I see so many stay at home wives trying to supplement their income. Whats so wrong in having some fun and make money too.

Job location is Houston

Compensation: $75 each session

no -- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.

no -- Please, no phone calls about this job!

no -- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

no -- Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT OK.

"
Old May 18th, 2006, 09:37 AM   #697
Regular Crew

And will her pay be deferred?
Old May 18th, 2006, 10:08 AM   #698
Slash Rules!

She'll be paid when he makes money.

And if he makes no money, at least it's great experience! Good for her reel. He knows other contacts in the biz, and would be willing to give her a referral.
Old May 18th, 2006, 10:22 AM   #699
Capt. Quirk

Josh... dude... that was too much.
Old May 18th, 2006, 10:26 AM   #700
Slash Rules!

The original post or my last reply?

I think the reply was quirky, and clever, with just an underlying subtle hint of filth.
Old May 18th, 2006, 10:30 AM   #701
Capt. Quirk

Your reply was hilarious, and on the verge of bringing the big dog down on you... again. The post is like several other pathetic attempts by lonely trolls that have been posted there before. And in his case, a cheap troll.
Old May 18th, 2006, 10:50 AM   #702
Slash Rules!

Oh, it's all harmless fun. It WAS posted in the TV/radio/film section, after all. And the big dog can kid himself, but he knows he wishes he were my dad.
Old May 18th, 2006, 10:54 AM   #703
Capt. Quirk

Don't laugh too hard... he might be ;)
Old May 18th, 2006, 11:02 AM   #704
Slash Rules!

Then who was that bald guy that raised me?
Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:23 PM   #705
Slash Rules!

okay here's one, and right in my hometown!

"ideographer wanted
Reply to: job-163566012@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-05-22, 4:14PM CDT

I am posting in several cities. This is not a full time job, but you can look at it as a fun pasttime to make a profit. I do not need to have it edited, or put on DVD. You do not have to be a football lover, but it is definately a plus.

Here is what I am looking for. I need a sports videographer. Specifically, I am looking for someone to tape Texas High School football playoffs for me. Minimum requirements are as follows for all candidates.

1) Must have own videocampera (8mm, digital 8, MiniDVD )tripod (if you do not have one, you can get one at Walmart for about 15 to 20$).

2) Must have reliable transportation to and from High School football stadiums in your area. (Prefer ability to travel within a 2 hr radius, all gas is 100% reimbursible)

3) Must have enough battery juice (3 hrs plus) to cover each game.

I buy these tapes from you at $30 per game tape plus reimbursement for game programs and 1 ticket and parking if applicable (most stadiums do not charge for parking) plus postage and handling. You can make up to $90 (in pocket after expenses, etc..)

If this is acceptable to you please leave your phone number and I will contact you in a couple of months when football season starts up, and I will have you shoot a test run video for us and we will go from there. I will give you a little more information and instructions on how these videos are to be shot at that time. If you do not have enough battery juice to cover the entire game on the test run, no worries, we just need to know that you can follow the instructions and shoot the videos as per our requirements.

Regards: Carlos

This is Texas ONLY, if you read this ad anywhere in Texas you might qualify.

Thanks

Carlos

* Job location is Houston Area
* Compensation: $30 per tape plus expenses
* Telecommuting is ok.
* This is a part-time job.
* This is a contract job.
* This is an internship job
* no -- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* no -- Please, no phone calls about this job!
* no -- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
* yes -- Reposting this message elsewhere is OK.
* yes -- OK to repost to Job Developers for Persons with Disabilities."
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business