Ridiculous Job Offers / Demands!! - Page 37 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Closed Thread

Old March 16th, 2006, 06:57 PM   #541
Slash Rules!

Interesting. I must have made bad choices when I was doing that stuff, 'cause I've never gotten paid, that I can think of, for anyone I did freebies for. Even cheapies, really. The cheap people continue to be cheap 'til you tell 'em to piss off.

Hey, is this some bullshit? I don't know much about union/non-union stuff, but shouldn't these people be paid PAs?

"Full Length 35mm Feature Film Needs Interns
Reply to: gigs-142436526@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-03-16, 11:46AM CST

Local Austin crew is shooting a low budget, full length feature on 35mm and desperately needs interns. The show is a union show giving you a perfect opportunity to meet and network with Austin's film crew. The film will be shot in and around Austin, the usual five day shoot with twelve hour days (weekends off). Specifically we desperately need inerns for the set (to assist the ADs) and the art department.

* no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
* Compensation: Meals and Networking! "
Old March 17th, 2006, 08:24 PM   #542
Major Player

would you shoot this event for $300?

I am supposed to shoot as a roaming/broll cam tomorrow for a friend of
mine. He originally had me down for about 5hrs. Now, he says it will
be a 10 hour day but can only pay $300 + some tape stock because
they are doing this on spec. I can either shoot it, or pass. He says he
will pay cash. Ugh. Right now, I am thinking I need the dough, but
would rather stay home and steam my carpets and setup my photo
studio.
Old March 17th, 2006, 10:49 PM   #543
Capt. Quirk

Do the shoot, and use the $300 to rent the steamer for Sunday... and buy something for the studio.
Old March 18th, 2006, 05:37 AM   #544
Major Player

I already have the steamer, bought it at walmart last year. by the way
no editing, and shooting with FX1
Old March 20th, 2006, 12:43 AM   #545
Regular Crew

You need to take that but not provide the tape for that rate. That's not a terrible rate depending on your experience. I would get the money first or not surrender the tapes until you get it, friend or not.
Old March 20th, 2006, 01:08 AM   #546
Major Player

What's the deal with people with lawmowers make more than people with cameras?
Old March 20th, 2006, 06:35 PM   #547
Regular Crew

I wonder if Comcast is giving them the airtime for FREE?!

"Need a camera man (2) with equipment and dvd recording equipment to film an event. Need someone that is wanting to gain exposure and willing to work for credits and building their personal resume.

Please send your resume or request and inquiries to:

Serious inquiries only. This is a major event that will be on Comcast and we are pitching to BET"
Old March 20th, 2006, 07:32 PM   #548
Slash Rules!

Hey, what differentiates a serious inquiry from a half-assed one? "Hi, I saw this ad on the internet. I don't know if I'm interested. Maybe. Let me see what I'm doing that day. Get back to me. Or don't. Whatever. Dude."
Old March 21st, 2006, 01:24 AM   #549
Slash Rules!

Ok, I know I've posted this guy at least twice before, but he keeps doing more insane stuff, so:

"Seeking producer interested in guaranteed success project!
Reply to: cloud@heroicdestinysquad.com
Date: 2006-03-20, 4:24PM EST

Hi, I am looking for producers who would be interested in funding a movie I am working on which I feel is a guaranteed success.

Tag Line: A somewhat bumbling aspiring professional hero sets off to single handedly stop the genocide in Darfur as a knight errant without a clue or a chance in hell.

Genre: Comedy/Reality/Hyperreality/Possibly Horrific Tradgedy

Catch: It's all real and will involve a totally insane professional hero heading off to stop a real genocide where over 400,000 are already dead! Thus it's the classic "far away knight comes to save the people" tale, except it's all real!

Since there is a high possibility of death or serious injury on the part of the filmmaker in this project, I will take out a life insurance policy prior to filming with the producer as the beneficiary. Thus even if I die and the project doesn't come to completion, you will still make a profit! So it's a no lose situation where you are sure to make money no matter what happens.

We are looking for a few thousand dollars for supplies, field cameras, and satellite equipment to broadcast back to the states with, as well as to develop a cool knight and Japanese anime based costume. We hope to update a website with clips to build publicity before we cut the final into a movie, if I don't die out there.

For more info, please see our website: http://www.heroicdestinysquad.com/

For more info on the setting, please see: http://savedarfur.org/

* no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
* Compensation: Sure profit! "
Old March 21st, 2006, 05:42 AM   #550
Trustee

I feel sorry for the producer if the guy doesn't die, then you're stuck with a boring movie and you have to put up with that dude.
Old March 21st, 2006, 05:49 AM   #551
Capt. Quirk

I say we scrape up our change, and become Co-Producers... I like watchin dumbasses doing things that might get them killed. Cleans up the ol gene pool you know?
Old March 21st, 2006, 11:15 AM   #552
Inner Circle

I guess they hope that your "Eenglish" is better than theirs.
$4 doesn't even buy you two slices of pizza and a drink in most of Manhattan. Best of all, there's no contact info at all in the ad.

Eenglish Speeking Film Crue Needed

Reply to: see below
No contact info listed below? Let them know.
Date: 2006-03-21, 4:11AM EST

Hi,

We're a film crew looking for talented, experrienced gaeffers, artists, desingers, and cameramen.

Must be friendly, Eng;lish speaking, with correct grammar, good at desinging, Must have own van, cellphone, abd be willing to work in Manhattan with a punctual attitude.

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: no pay, but but $4.00 lunch ticket
Old March 22nd, 2006, 11:22 AM   #553
Slash Rules!

The name of this group bugs me. It's way to hard to say, and is not nearly as cool as they think it is.

"4/5.6 SPLIT Productions- Looking for an A.C. preferably with super16mm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: gigs-144157882@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-03-22, 10:36AM EST

4/5.6 SPLIT Productions is moving into pre-production on another short film. We have decided to shoot super16mm and are still searching for the right A.C. and super 16mm camera.
We have assembled a top notch cast and crew and are just looking for the last piece.
4/5.6 SPLIT Productions is an independent group joined for creative collaborations, there is no pay for this project however we have a strong philosophy of bartering. Helping on this project guarentees you'll get help on yours. The shoot dates are from April 7th-10th.

We look foward to hearing back from you.

this is in or around NYC

yes -- it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Compensation: Copy of final Film and help on your next project"

Another--they apprarently have no idea how college credit works. Check out the line:

"Tech guy/girl needed for HILARIOUS sketch group

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: cubicleimprov@yahoo.com
Date: 2006-03-22, 9:59AM EST

If you enjoy sketch comedy at its best, and you enjoy running lights and sound, you may very well enjoy being the new tech person for CUBICLE, the award winning (2005 National Comedy Theatre sketch competition) improv/sketch group. Cubicle (www.cubicleimprov.com) is based in New York and has performed regularly at the PIT, the Improv, the National Comedy Theatre, and Rose's Turn. Cubicle has also been invited to perform at comedy festivals in Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Oberlin College. We cannot offer compensation in the form of money at this time, but we can offer compensation in the form of buying you a drink after shows, making you laugh, and getting your back when needed (we've been known to kick some ass). If you're a college student, maybe you can even get some college credit for hanging with us and helping us out. Please get in touch if you're interested or if you have any questions at all.

this is in or around NYC

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Compensation: We're good for your self-esteem
"
Old March 22nd, 2006, 02:35 PM   #554
Slash Rules!

Ok, so these guys suck. What, you can come up with everything but the extra $100-125 per PA to pay a decent PA rate? How many PAs could there be? 1, 2?

"NEED PA's on 35MM COMMERCIAL - SAT,3/25 - $50 Pay

Reply to: gigs-144246037@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-03-22, 2:43PM EST

NEED PA's and extra CREW for one day 35mm COMMERCIAL. This SATURDAY, MARCH 25th. ALL DAY.

Producer needs production assistants and/or other able crew members to come and learn and be of service on a great 35mm commercial spot. Ideal candidates are interested in film and TV, want to learn and are excited about helping out and meeting people in the industry.

- One location: West Village, indoors.
- Craft service and lunch provided.
- 7AM Call time. Shoot until 7 PM.
- Experienced, easy-going people to work with.
- Pay is $50.

Please call Molly Middleton at (212) 206-7152 or email greenfilmsllc@yahoo.com as soon as possible!

this is in or around West Village

Compensation: $50 for the entire day.

"
Old March 23rd, 2006, 09:16 PM   #555
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Bass
Tag Line: A somewhat bumbling aspiring professional hero sets off to single handedly stop the genocide in Darfur as a knight errant without a clue or a chance in hell.
Is that a description of the movie or the guy making it?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business