Ridiculous Job Offers / Demands!! - Page 36 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Closed Thread

Old March 9th, 2006, 10:24 PM   #526
Major Player

I had a guy ask me if I want to do a lot of shooting him and get paid in "stocks" of the corporation he's starting. No thanks.
Old March 9th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #527
Slash Rules!

How is it that none of these people are members here and have seen their posts and come to defend them? Seems like it woulda happened by now.
Old March 12th, 2006, 05:22 PM   #528
Slash Rules!

Simply outstanding:

"Filmmaker needed for overseas research project (Summer 2006)
Reply to: gigs-140918722@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-03-11, 2:58AM EST

Looking for filmmaker to work on short film this summer. We will film in two places: the Denver Metro area and Europe. Will work closely with two individuals with limited production experience on a research project. Creativity and flexibility a must for this filmmaker.

Our filmmaker must be able to pay own way to Denver and Europe, and should be able to provide own equipment. Film student welcome. This project has the possibility of being a long-term opportunity with a global reach for the right filmmaker.

E-mail for more details.

* this is in or around Denver Metro/Europe
* no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
* Compensation: Stipend available. "
Old March 13th, 2006, 11:23 AM   #529
Inner Circle

Major Spanish Market TV commercial wants to STEAL your music with your permission (elevator music!) rather than spend a few bucks for royalty free elevator music!!!

Need music for Telemundo Commercial

Reply to: job-141454137@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-03-13, 10:25AM EST

Need UNPUBLISHED music for a commercial to be aired on Telemundo TV.
Music needs to be background music, preferably elevator music.

It will not pay but will give the artist a chance to have their music on a commercial and of course you will get a copy of the commercial.
Please either email samples or send cd's to:

Donelli- Commercial Music Dept.
RE: Telemundo
307 Spring St. #4R
NY, NY 10013
Old March 13th, 2006, 11:30 AM   #530
Regular Crew

What really aggravates me about that post is that he says he won't pay instead of he can't pay or at least right now. It looks like the cheap ass virus has spread worldwide!
Old March 13th, 2006, 11:41 AM   #531
Inner Circle

SOLD and WILL AIR MULTIPLE TIMES on a MAJOR BROADCAST NETWORK.

and you should be EXPERIENCED AND work for FREE??????

SHOOTER NEEDED

Reply to: gigs-141474772@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-03-13, 11:25AM EST

Looking for experienced shooters (to shoot on 24P) for new and exciting short-term reality/documentary special. There may not be pay, but this is a high-profile celebrity driven event that is sold and will air multiple times on a major broadcast network - a GREAT credit to have. Please email resumes ASAP.

THANK YOU!
Old March 13th, 2006, 11:55 AM   #532
Inner Circle

Said to the tune of the Mastercard spots

Cost of Panasonic DVX-100 with tripod and batteries - $4000
Cost of Sennheiser 100 wireless mic system $500
Cost of Final Cut Pro - $1000
Cost of Mac to run it on - $2500
Total value of gear $8000

day rate for using this gear plus labor - $75

Use of craigslist - Priceless

Job - worthless

Reply to: gigs-141500099@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-03-13, 12:30PM EST

Looking for someone with 24 p camera experience and sound! We are also looking for someone with Final cut pro experience! Please send us your resume! We are looking for camera person/edit help on a tv show on celebrities, pets and fashion! Need asap!

this is in or around nyc
no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: $75/day rate

-----------------------------------------------------
Compensation: Spend thousands, make pennies
Old March 13th, 2006, 11:59 AM   #533
Inner Circle

Now you can do corporate trade show videos plus DVD authoring. Full end to end production, post, delivery and not even get paid for use of your gear let alone your time.

Shooting, Editing and Authoring a DVD Needed

Reply to: gigs-141442758@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-03-13, 9:41AM EST

Need someone to shoot, edit and author a promo video. No compensation, however you can use it for your portofolio. This video is for a cosmetics company, and will be broadcast at the trade show, and on the company's website, where your name will be posted. Also on the website with a link to your site. So it's a good opportunity to get your name out there.

If interested, please contact us.

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: No Compensation
Old March 16th, 2006, 12:09 PM   #534
Trustee

This pays better than Craig's "mastercard" one. What shocked me was that A) James did not post it first, and B) it was on Mandy and not Craigslist.

Atlanta rental house rate for a PD-170 over a weekend is $250. Of course, I have room to talk. I paid this for the day to a high school student, but I supplied all the stuff. It was 8 hrs. No reel required (I just get to swear a bit during post).

Vacancy: Cameramen
Employer: Eighth Wonder Cinema, Llc
Duration: Single Day, starts MAY 27TH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment is on a lo/no/deferred basis.
WE ARE SEEKING A FEW CAMERAMEN WHO OWN THEIR OWN CAMERA!!!! PANASONIC DVX-100 OR DVX-100A PREFERRED. JOB CONSIST OF VIDEO TAPING (2) GRADUATIONS ON MAY 27TH. APPLICANTS MUST HAVE EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE OF CAMERA FUNCTIONS SUCH AS: EXPOSURE, WHITE BALANCE, XLR INPUT, ETC. IN OTHER WORDS... MUST BE ABLE TO PRODUCE A NICE QUALITY IMAGE WITH NATURAL LIGHTING. JOB PAYS $125 PER GRADUATION. GRADUATIONS SHOULD LAST NO LONGER THAN (3) HOURS. PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME OR ONLINE DEMO REEL AND PLEASE SPECIFY WHAT TYPE OF CAMERA YOU OWN. THANK YOU.

Apply to: Deji
Old March 16th, 2006, 12:15 PM   #535
Slash Rules!

I'm sure I'll start another flame war, but that's not that bad. $250 for one day.
Old March 16th, 2006, 01:44 PM   #536
Capt. Quirk

Flame on!

Just kidding... I saw that posting, and started adding mileage in my head. Nah.
Old March 16th, 2006, 04:45 PM   #537
Slash Rules!

Oh, sorry. Mileage not included in said fee. In that case, they can kiss my ass for $250 a day. Mileage, tape stock, clients pay for, says me, or I include it in a higher fee than was originally quoted.
Old March 16th, 2006, 05:18 PM   #538
Capt. Quirk

Even with gas prices where they are, I could drive up there, shoot it, grab a room for the night, and make it home with something. Getting away from the family circus for a couple days is always nice, but I really need a bit more to make it worth that drive.
Old March 16th, 2006, 06:40 PM   #539
Slash Rules!

Well, I have no circus, and I would actually try to put together some sort of living. Different strokes, I guess.
Old March 16th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #540
Capt. Quirk

It's coming back around to doing just that. In the meantime, I still shoot whatever I can, for whoever. Down the road, it usually pays off.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business