Ridiculous Job Offers / Demands!! - Page 50 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Closed Thread

Old July 12th, 2006, 04:08 PM   #736
Regular Crew

A little game we can play

Well we haven't had a post in a while. So.....let's play a little game, shall we? I think we can all have fun with this.

I'll start off with the first sentence of a typical craigslist post. And then the next guy up adds another. And so on, until we have one huge "ridiculous job offer" ad. Let's begin..............

Looking for a DP with his own equipment to shoot a short film with HUGE potential for distribution in theaters across the United States and Europe. (Now, add another line, guys.)
Old July 12th, 2006, 04:47 PM   #737
Slash Rules!

Crew is top notch, and has worked on the Beastmaster series, Mutant-X, and Acapulco H.E.A.T.
Old July 12th, 2006, 06:02 PM   #738
Major Player

There is no pay, but I have quite a few very high profile contacts in the industry.
Old July 12th, 2006, 07:27 PM   #739
Inner Circle

Great work to build your profile.
Old July 12th, 2006, 10:53 PM   #740
Slash Rules!

MUST know how to shoot 24p HD, MUST know how to light in a hip hop/music video style, and most of all MUST be professional! No showing up at 7:02am when the call time is 7:00!
Old July 12th, 2006, 11:50 PM   #741
Inner Circle

Here's a real one. $125 for an 8 hour day for a corporate event.

Videographer corporate event

Reply to: gigs-181336248@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-07-12, 7:00PM EDT

First event is day of July 19th from 7am to 3pm.

Corporate event. Your job will be to cover the announcer, and speaker from a panel of speakers. It is about an 80 foot shot, with Medium Close Up, so you will need a 3CCD camera with a good telephoto lens.

Please provide a resume, link to your reel, a list of your equipment, and provide contact information including a cell phone where you can be reached.

Your Equipment should include:
3CCD Videocamera with 16 or 20x telephoto lens
Tripod
headphones

Compensation:
$125

Please respond if you are available on this specific day and time.
Old July 13th, 2006, 08:05 AM   #742
Slash Rules!

here ya go

"executive Producer
Reply to: gigs-181447951@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-07-13, 12:17AM CDT

We are looking for a skilled and "networked" executive producer who is able to help bring our controversial short film to the screen.

The candidate needs to have great verbal and communication skills, knows about budget, adn above all, has exceptional fiscal responsibilty!

The picture is a period piece set in the deep south about racial prejudice during the civil rights movement. The material is ground breaking and we anticipate national attention.

We are 90% casted and the crew is in place, great opportunity!

* this is in or around Houston
* no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
* Compensation: Double, maybe triple, on the return!"

Cause short films are known for making money. And I'm sure no one's covered this subject before.
Old July 13th, 2006, 09:04 AM   #743
Inner Circle

Has anyone from Craigs List ever seen this thread?
Old July 13th, 2006, 09:56 AM   #744
Air China Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Bass
Crew is top notch, and has worked on the Beastmaster series, Mutant-X, and Acapulco H.E.A.T.
You know, the quality of these shows isn't a good indicator of the quality of the crew... Everyone has to pay bills. It's not their fault the budget is low or the concept is bad.
Old July 13th, 2006, 10:10 AM   #745
Slash Rules!

I know, I know.

The point was how the posters of the ads grasp at straws to entice people.
Old July 17th, 2006, 01:29 PM   #746
Air China Pilot

Afghanis wanted for military exercises

$250 a day? Isn't it more for speaking roles?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/st...ting-call.html

Quote:
Military casting for 100 actors to recreate Afghan town
Actors from Calgary and Edmonton are being hired to help train new recruits in the Canadian Forces.

A casting call has gone out for about 100 actors of Afghan or Middle Eastern descent who will serve as villagers in a mock Afghan town.

The scenario will be set up at CFB Wainwright this fall as new army recruits train before heading to serve in Afghanistan. Wainwright is 200 km southeast of Edmonton.

Rhonda Fisekci, the Calgary-based casting director, says the actors will spend three to four weeks in Wainwright working with the military to create realistic scenarios.

"We're asking the Afghan people to play innocent villagers, religious leaders, policeman, interpreters and tribal leaders so we can create this environment for our recruits to go into [that is] as real as possible," she said.

Troops will learn about Afghan cultural, political and religious beliefs before heading out to the field, she said.

British and American armies use similar scenarios to train their recruits and they have been able to reduce casualties as a result, said Fisekci.

The actors can earn between $150 and $250 a day.
Old July 17th, 2006, 01:31 PM   #747
Capt. Quirk

I can just imagine the guy at the corner gas station, as truckloads of these actors pull in to fill up and use the restrooms... INVASION!
Old July 17th, 2006, 02:05 PM   #748
Air China Pilot

Yea if they issue these extras any prop weapons they should remember to take them away during breaks.

Otherwise ... WOLVERINES!
Old July 24th, 2006, 04:24 PM   #749
Regular Crew

The business proposal in this ad is awesome!

xxxxxxx xxxxxx (formerly xxx xxxxxxxx) - an up and coming production and distribution company based in South Florida and Central Missouri - is looking for experienced and “up and coming” video journalists to contribute to its newest show in development called “Coverage.”

“Coverage” is a 30 minute news magazine television show, slated for national syndication, giving viewers a behind-the-scenes look at the news business and how reporters cover the news. Video journalists will file packaged reports after interviewing and reporting on stories (of national interest) in their communities.

Video journalists will mail their fully edited tapes (enterprising ideas encouraged) in MiniDV format to our South Florida office and will participate in a revenue sharing program (2% of the show’s net profit per story filed) if their story makes it to air.

Venture Impact is also accepting demo reels for videographers (with their own equipment) to travel with the show to breaking news events. (Videographers will receive 12% of each show’s net profit for which they participate.) Expected time commitment – 1 day a week.

College students, recent grads, or professionals looking for new opportunities are welcomed.

Please send resume, demo reel, and cover letter to:

xxxx xx xxxxxxx
C/O xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
xxxx xxxxxx APT. # xxxx
Columbia, MO 65201

Feel free to email questions. Please include a reply email address and phone number.

-----

2% OF THE PROFITS, OKAY THAT'S COOL. BUT, WHERE IS THIS MONEY COMING FROM? SERIOUSLY, WHAT NETWORK WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A SHOW CREATED BY SOME GUY FROM MISSOURI? I MEAN, HONESTLY, WHO IS GOING TO BE INTERESTED IN BUYING THE RIGHTS TO BROADCAST THIS THING? AND, HOW ARE HIS "PROFITS" CALCULATED? ANYONE EVER HEAR OF "HOLLYWOOD ACCOUNTING"? IT'S VERY LIKELY THAT THIS GUY HASN'T. BUT, IF HE HAD, HE WOULD MOST CERTAINLY MISLEAD ALL OF HIS SUPPLIERS BY TWISTING THE VERY DEFINITION OF THE WORD "PROFIT"! PROFIT IS WHAT'S LEFT OVER AFTER HE PAYS HIMSELF AN ENORMOUS SALARY FOR HIS BRILLIANCE IN MASTERMINDING THIS PROJECT! LOL.
Old July 24th, 2006, 04:28 PM   #750
Slash Rules!

Yeah, they posted that in Houston as well.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business