Howdy 2006 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old May 13th, 2002, 09:31 AM   #1
New Boot

Howdy 2006

Greetings From Long Island

Howdy,
The names Robin Greenidge(Mr.)... :)
I work for a corporation here on the island and I am "the" video department! I produce in-house training videos using an XL1 and GL1. I got started with this about 2 1/2 years ago (0 years of experience) and boy do I have a lot to learn! But there is plenty of OJT goin' on right here everyday. I appreciate this website and what it has to offer.
If I ask a stupid question every now and then, go easy on me!
Robin Greenidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2002, 10:32 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Robin,

We have a policy here that there is no such thing as a stupid question, so no worries and fire away. The only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked. So by all means use these boards, that's what they're for.

Are you coming to DV Expo East in the city in June? Drop by the Canon booth and say hello, I'll be there. Welcome aboard,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2005, 08:25 AM   #3
New Boot

Anybody in Denmark?

Hi everybody!

Untill now i havn't been able to track eny other danes down in this forum, so i'll ask directly - Can i really be the only one in 18500 users?

Im a new boot and i would like to get in touch with others from denmark!

Greetings,

Mark Olsen
Old November 25th, 2005, 09:28 PM   #4
New Boot

Hello Im Carlos Yasik from Guadalajara, Mexico

Hello, i use Final Cut Pro, after effects, cinema 4d, and i own a HVR-Z1U, I love and work in Guadalajara.
Is there anyone from Mexico or Guadalajara, let me know!!

I also own a site of social video of my city, clubs, partys, if you have the time, check it out it is:
http://estamosenvideo.com

The bad thing is that it is in spanish, but maybe you'll enjoy some of the videos.
http://estamosenvideo.com/yasik
Carlos Yasik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 10:14 AM   #5

Are you in South Australia??

Well, I am!!
I'm in my 30s and a relative newcomer to this industry.
I am familiar with After Effects (for motion graphics), Photoshop, Premiere Pro and other applications. Looking to produce my first documentary in the near future, but might also get into corporate videography or budget commercials.
Anyway, great to see lots of Aussies in this forum!
Old December 5th, 2005, 01:52 PM   #6
New Boot

Greetings from an aspiring filmmaker in western NY!

Hello! My name is Joshua Jezioro. I am 16, currently in my junior year of high school. I aspire to be a professional filmmaker and have been researching colleges with undergrad film programs.

I recently started my first project, which is a transformation of my English teacher's book to screenplay and then to video. I have a few other projects lined up. I am currently looking to get as much experience in various genres as possible (documentary, drama, comedy).

I am shooting on mini DVs right now, it's a Canon camera, not quite sure of the model #.

I am looking forward to picking the brains of all the current members!
Joshua Jezioro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 05:11 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Active Duty Air Force riding out a hobby...

Hello to all,
My name is David Ellis and I'm on active duty serving in the greatest Air Force of all time. I'm originally from Georgia, but since I'm always on the go I've finally resided in Ohio. Well, ever since I've been a young boy i've been involved with cameras. Now that I'm actively involved with the outdoors, every chance I get I film friends and family on hunting adventures. I'm still not as experienced as many of you are, so any advice on outdoor filming would be greatly appreciated. I hope all have a safe and blessed holiday!

David Ellis
Active duty Air Force
Wright-Patterson AFB
David Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 08:09 AM   #8
Trustee

David, welcome to our family. Hey, I was in the USAF from......1967-1971. I was in the old TAC, if you remember that. And, I have been living in Atlanta for the last 21 years. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 08:11 PM   #9
Major Player

Hi Eliman,
Not in South Australia but i'm in West Australia.... I suppose the similarities are we both have a capital city with the nickname "Dullsville"!....

I work full time as a camera tech & also freelance as a camera assistant/cable runner for the TV stations...
James Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 07:06 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Greetings From North Carolina

Hey all,

My name is John and I'm a college student attending North Carolina A&T State University in Greensboro,NC (but originally from Raleigh). Anyways, I'm a broadcast production major with a passion for TV (especially making commercials). I love writing and directing and recently got into producing and do a little music composing (been on the piano for 13 years). I also have a passion for comedy and I currently make short films and I'm working on the third episode of my TV show on campus.

www.aggieblvd.net for the shorts.
www.aggieblvd.net/videos/TheParty.wmv for the recent episode of our show (think of it as a real life family guy).

I also have a production company called Green Bench Productions which has really taken off in my city over the past year. I've learned a lot, especially from hands on experience and coming across sites like this. Hope I'll be able to entertain you all in the months to come.
John Holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 09:54 AM   #11
Tourist

Anybody in Denmark?!

I saw this message, and can reply to it, as a Dane interested in DV and the like - and from Odense.
Per Morgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2006, 11:50 AM   #12
Regular Crew

There are a few Danes here

Hi there,

I too live in Denmark. I got my first DV camera last year, and I have been very pleased with it. I partly made my choice of camera based on the good advice I got from the community here. It's a great place for anyone curious about DV, and I am pleased to see that there are a few other Danes here after all. I know of one more Dane who's here, so there are at least four of us.

Happy New Year Everyone!
Halfdan J. Damskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 03:11 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Kino-Kabaret in Louisville, Kentucky

People from Kentucky and the area might want to check out the Kino-Kabaret event in Louisville (February 9th - 11):
http://www.kinolouisville.com

A Kino-Kabaret is an event where filmmakers converge in one place and write, shoot, edit and screen short movies over the course of a few days. Tona Williams from Wisconsin made the following documentary about the Kino-Kabaret in Montreal this past October:
http://www.wis-kino.com/films/good_kick-williams.html

The will be more Kino-Kabaret coming, with events in:
Adelaide, Australia (March 9-18), www.kinoadelaide.org/
Vienna, Austria (May 20-28), www.kino5.net/
Hamburg, Germany (June 2-10), www.hamburgerkino.de
Quebec, Canada (May? June?) www.kinoqc.com
Brussels, Belgium (sometime this Spring), www.kinobelgique.org
Madison, Wisconsin, USA (sometime this Spring) www.wis-kino.com

Stay tuned, there will a lot more during the Summer.
Old January 11th, 2006, 11:32 PM   #14
Tourist

Any One in DC-Metro area looking for an Intern on Wkends?

Hi,
I have decided to take up videography as a hobby and wanted to learn the trade through hands on experience. I would be glad to offer my free service to any wedding/event videographer in the Dc-metro area who in turn would mentor and give me the required hands on training in video and editting.
Frank Asante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 07:43 AM   #15
RED Code Chef

Hi Carlos and welcome aboard (H)DVInfo.net! My appologies for such a late
welcome note. We're glad to have you aboard!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood