Howdy 2006 - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:50 PM   #106
Regular Crew

My Adventures in New Mexico

Greetings to all,

About 6 months ago I was offered the “chance of a lifetime.” The offer was to fly out to Cimarron, NM and have the “Rocky Mountains be my office.” On June 8th I will trade in my normal summer sandals for hiking boots. I will be spending 11 weeks at the Philmont Scout Ranch working in their News and Photo Department. My primary job will be to video and edit a “video yearbook.” I have put together a website so that I can share my adventures with everyone ( www.philmont.matthewdelong.com ). I will post a weekly audio podcast and a bi-weekly video podcast. I have also included a blog. During my time out west I will be using a different email address. You can email me at philmont@matthewdelong.com .

Thanks to everyone at DVI for all your help. My trip will run a little smoother thanks to you guys.
Matthew Delong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 03:45 AM   #107
RED Code Chef

That sounds like a great opportunity indeed Matthew. Have a great time!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 05:17 AM   #108
Regular Crew

Yes, I can't wait. Thanks.
Old May 27th, 2006, 12:43 AM   #109
Regular Crew

indeed there are. just graduated from state and getting started on whatever comes next. sticking in san diego for now.
Sean Gillane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 01:02 AM   #110
Major Player

I live in Northern California, but do a lot of production work in San Diego. I spend so much time there, maybe I should buy one of those million dollar, two bedroom highrise condos Downtown. On second thought, maybe not! Fun City, though.
Glenn Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 03:22 PM   #111
New Boot

Greetings from Enid Oklahoma

I’m a transplanted Yankee in Oklahoma, the thriving metropolis of Enid to be exact. For a town our size we have a burgeoning indie film making community worthy of being proud of. My current project is a fan film of the original series Battlestar Galactica, we hope to deliver production values that rival Star Wars: Revelations.

My film’s press release: http://www.battlestarfanfilm.org/main/

Any one in my area, say hello.
John Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 04:55 PM   #112
Wrangler

Hey, John! I'm not in your area, but my mom is from Enid. (Born in an extinct "town" nearby called Manchester.) Okies are good folks.

That's so cool about the filmmaking community there. Best wishes on the fan film; welcome to DV Info! :)
Old May 28th, 2006, 12:37 PM   #113
New Boot

Hello from another Canuck!

Hi my name is Rob and live on Vancouver Island. I'm primarily on the audio side of the media fence but have been getting into more of the video stuff lately. I film our local Junior 'A' hockey team and have done some filming in our quest to become "Hockeyville".
Rob Kraneveldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 01:02 PM   #114
New Boot

Ello from the UK

Just a quick intro.

I've been dabbling with various bits of video for 10 years now and I'm just getting serious about it!

As a professional graphic designer my clients range from design agencies to direct clients.

I've recently bought a canon XL H1...I also own a XL 1S. I use a mac G5 with FCP.

I live in Dudley in the west midlands in good old great britain.

Anyway... tally ho!

Cheers

Brian Wheatley

www.multimediamarket.org.uk
Brian Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 07:16 PM   #115
Wrangler

Welcome aboard, Brian!

"Dabbling.....just getting serious...." Hmm, mind if I borrow that? I've been at this for five years now, and have been asked recently why I'm not doing any better than what I am! ;)
Old June 2nd, 2006, 09:35 AM   #116
Major Player

thanx for joining the board. THere is a huge vancovuer thread on here somewhere.... enjoy your stay
Saturnin Kondratiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 10:05 AM   #117
Wrangler

Hey Rob
Welcome to the forum. There's a ton of Vancouver and BC guys on here.
Old June 6th, 2006, 06:05 PM   #118
Regular Crew

Hello from New Orleans

Hey everybody, came across the boards while searching/drooling over the XL2. Im a film student at University of New Orleans and have shot a few minor silent shorts. I film local bands around the area and want to get into music videos and larger film productions.

If anyone in or around the New Orleans area, few state radius has an XL2 for sale im interested.

I am also very interested in interning/working on productions. Trying to get as much field experience as possible as it is some what limited at school.

http://www.ekwal.net
Michael Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 02:50 PM   #119
New Boot

new orleanian

hellow michael
my name is Jason Matherne and I'm a low budget smut filmmaker in Mid City. We just finished principal photography on our third feature "Goregasm." Hope UNO treats you right.
cheers
www.terroroptics.com
Jason Matherne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2006, 11:35 PM   #120
New Boot

Hi, advertising art director getting into film :)

Hi, I'm 23 from Texas that recently moved to L.A. to work in advertising. I was a paid extra in Fast and furious 3 mostly just to try and meet Justin Lin and some of the production crew, but I was on the shoots the entire time and never got to meet him.

I had a canon XL1s when I was in college and managed to shoot a bit, but sold it recently and am now eyeing a Panasonic DVX100b so I can start shooting in 24p and doing more short films, possible feature.

Just saying hello :) Are there any other people in the advertising industry here?
Bin Chen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood