Howdy 2006 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old March 3rd, 2006, 07:50 AM   #46
Wrangler

Welcome aboard Chris! That sounds like a very cool gig - congratulations.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 02:01 AM   #47
Regular Crew

New kid on the block from Ohio.

First off, i've been browsing these forums for the past few months and I must say this place is great for information with smart and intelligent discussions. Let me introduce myself. My name is John, im 23 years old and a recent college grad. I grad with an associate in Digital Multimedia from Terra Community College in Fremont, Ohio. I'm now adventuring into the exciting world of event videography. It's been a slow process but patience will be a virtue if I am to succeed. I use a Panasonic DVC30 with a RODE videomic. I also utilize the ever popular iRiver/Giant Squid combo as far as audio for now. At least until I can get a halfway decent wireless system. I have a few wedding gigs booked (friends weddings) so I can use those as a good refereal base. I also have a spring musical booked later in March. So things are looking good. I look forward to meeting all of your aquaintances.
John Brickner Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 10:12 AM   #48
Wrangler

Hiya John!

Sounds like you've got things pretty well mapped out. That's cool. Hope it all works out for you, and have fun!
Old March 18th, 2006, 07:03 AM   #49
RED Code Chef

Hi John, welcome aboard (H)DVInfo.net, good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2006, 03:52 PM   #50
Regular Crew

Groups to join in LA?

So I'm a filmmaker/student who recently moved to Orange County, and now I'm looking to move into LA within the next couple months.

My question is, what are the best groups to join for filmmaking? I was going to join IFP, but then it became FIND... so I'm still thinking of joining up, but what are some other useful groups to join to network with people? Preferably ones with some good people and that won't break my college student budget. ;)

Thanks.
Daniel Hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2006, 07:35 PM   #51
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

take a look at
http://www.group101films.com/
Don Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 09:52 AM   #52
Tourist

Hello from Oakland, CA

Hello to all. I've been in the television Biz for 26 years. Mostly News and documentary for broadcast consortiums. Well it's time for the old dog to learn new tricks! Working w/ folks that want an all digital (really digital, no tape!), multi-cam solution for field production. AAMOF the final product will be a stream to internet. I'd guess you'd call it Multicam DFP.
Richard Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 10:06 AM   #53
RED Code Chef

Hello Richard, welcome aboard (H)DVInfo.net, good to have you with us!

Old March 21st, 2006, 10:38 AM   #54
Major Player

welcome richard,

i am in the antioch area, and consider myself at beginner level xl1-s.

greetings
Karl Heiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 04:18 PM   #55
New Boot

Hey hey~

Hey hey all. Just got the validation email (finally), and now am ready to post and contribute to this forum, of which I've been lurking for a good while.

Well, I'm a PC user running Premiere Pro 1.5. Now, I'm not very good at editing or anything, but I get by. I have one camera, a Samsung PoC (Piece of Crap) but it works decently well.

I'm currently in grade 12, taking a Communications course, and that's where I do all my work. I'm studying to become an English teacher, so that means University soon - but for now, I get all the fun of DV =)

So thanks for having me on your forums, I look forward to working with you~

~Loggie B
Logan Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 05:05 PM   #56
RED Code Chef

Hi Logan, welcome aboard (H)DVInfo.net, good to have you with us!

Old March 24th, 2006, 04:51 PM   #57
Regular Crew

No Athenians?

Can't seem to find many Greeks running around these boards. I've seen one, but haven't heard much from him. Any other closet-Greeks hiding out here? No need to be ashamed...it took me ten years to buckle-down and decide to stay in this country. Ironically, I'm going to have to leave it soon. Perhaps I'll run into some video-loving friends in Scotland.

So how about that Athenian roll-call?
Steve Sirinides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2006, 12:25 AM   #58
Regular Crew

Group 101 films

I joined this group a few months back with the intention of getting together with a few other filmmakers to write/direct some short scenes and then sequences, then films.

When I finally did the whole thing and logged on, I tried to list myself as a director as that is my main intent, and to my surprise, they only offer categories for crew! They apparently aren't accepting directors as members, but are only a bunch of would-be directors looking for free crew! Amazing!

Now, I realize everyone wants to be a director, but what cheek!

I queried them on this in a comments box, (I could find no "contact" link) and the next time I logged on, I couldn't get in. Apparently my account had been deleted right away!

Who are these people, anyway, who claim to have produced so many films! And not even have a way to contact them?

So from that little experience, I realized, you have to make your own contacts in Hollywood, and that isn't hard, there are PLENTY of filmmakers around this town, just stand on any corner and tap someone going by, and you're likely to find one. I've done several projects since.

The most sage advice I've had on filmmaking in this town has been from an European filmmaker, who I met for thirty seconds at a traffic light, (and he was on a racing bike), he said, "Just keep doing projects".

And of that, there are almost too many to be found around Hollywood. You have to turn the worst of them down left and right.
Robert Aldrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2006, 09:39 AM   #59
Major Player

I went to an Athenian high school. True story.

There might not be any other Athenians here but maybe there are some Spartans...
Bill Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2006, 01:33 PM   #60
Regular Crew

No Athenian, but Kozanian at least :-). I visit Athens 5 or 6 times in the year. I was at the Platforma 05 video festival past October.

Btw, i feel the same as you. I want to leave this country...
Theodoros Chliapas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood