The Tragedy of Canada - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old December 26th, 2002, 08:26 PM   #31
Major Player

Quote:
We eat what Americans eat.
poor poor people :(

kermie
Zac Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2002, 01:06 PM   #32
Regular Crew

The US also has a large French population

Chris said, "Many Americans wonder why the packaging and instructions for most consumer appliances (washing machines, televisions, etc.) are printed in French... it's because the same goods are shipped to Canada. The concept is lost on 95% of all U.S. citizens, I bet."

And I always thought it was because they were also being shipped to south Louisiana...

;)

Mic
Michael Westphal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2003, 11:03 PM   #33
Regular Crew

I am really honestly surprised to see how much americans do know about us lumberjacks... eh?

I was watching the local new a while back, when some prime ministers aid called Bush a moron, anyway they took a camera down to Seatle and interview a bunch of american. All but one person said the Bush really was a moron.

Oh and " Ya'll " be happy to hear that we Canadians just go our third area code. Now I have to go through my cell and re-program all my numbers. It was only last year they gave us a second postal code. They really should slow down with all this change, we slow folks can't take all of this in at once.

I think this takes care of all the Canuck jokes I no of, so I'll get back to eating my seal steak in the warmth of my two floor igloo.
Neil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2003, 12:23 AM   #34
Wrangler

MMmmm.... Seal steak... In Newfoundland you can get seal flippers cooked in a variety of ways. Moose is very tasty as well.

Don't be to hard on the United Statesians. They don't know as much about us because they aren't bombarded by our television stations, like we are with theirs.
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2003, 06:03 AM   #35
Warden

When I was growing up in Cleveland in the '60s, we use to listen to CKLW out of Windsor. But then, Windsor is just another suburb of Detroit.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2003, 10:41 AM   #36
Inner Circle

>Windsor is just another suburb of Detroit.
<
Except you only have to be 19 to drink. Long live Cananda!!!

As far as statements about why things are in french. Beleive it or not, they actually teach american kids about Quebec in gradeschool. So yes, we do know why there is French on the box.

Dylan said
"Don't be to hard on the United Statesians."

what the heck is a United Statesian, a new religious sect?
All this time I thought we were Baptists. darn.

Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2003, 01:28 AM   #37
Regular Crew

Seal steak? Moose? I thought all canadian food was purely bacon or a by-product of it. Canada's infiltration of the US is already underway. Here in Mich. we have a governor that was born in Canada. For some reason I keep having this feeling whenever she makes a speech it's laced with coded messages that are broadcast to the Canadians. I've heard she's pushing to get the state seal replaced by a portrait of the queen. They are plotting, soon we will all wear duck boots and fannel year round with a constant yearning for the taste of bacon. But then again I could be wrong, in that case I am soarry aboot all this :)
Old January 13th, 2003, 08:25 PM   #38
Wrangler

Seal, moose?? That sounds wonderful. Down here we eat anything doesn't move fast enough! Blacken seal (or moose) steaks, seared with peppercorns and mild habaneros, and a red wine glaze would make a great dinner.

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2003, 08:39 PM   #39
Major Player

Well, least you guys don't eat kangaroo and emu, now that is a weird thing to see.

zac
Zac Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2003, 09:14 PM   #40

ever tried ostrich with a green chile stew?
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2003, 12:40 AM   #41
Wrangler

A good friend of mine has emu and ostrich on his hobby farm here. Luckily for them, they are pets. Otherwise, there'd be some good eatin' going on.

In the meantime, I'll continue stuffing my face with sushi.
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2003, 03:47 PM   #42
Wrangler

They (not me) have eaten emu around here. Despite that most people I know won't eat those yellow tooth devils know as nutria (looks like a big rat).

Can you believe they have actually sold nutria meat to the Chinese?

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2003, 04:54 PM   #43
Outer Circle

I prefer Winnipeg Goldeye, myself. Too bad Americans have to pay so much for it. +_+
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2003, 05:13 PM   #44
Inner Circle

Bill, Ostrich is definitely good eatin. I heard they have some large Ostrich farms in Texas. I can't get any Ostrich here in FL. Know of a good web site?

Funny, I can't stand the taste of venison unless it's been prepared as a sausage or something. Probably why I haven't been deer hunting for 20 years.

Joe C.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2003, 06:51 PM   #45
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Nathan Gifford : They (not me) have eaten emu around here. Despite that most people I know won't eat those yellow tooth devils know as nutria (looks like a big rat).

Can you believe they have actually sold nutria meat to the Chinese? -->>>

Chinese people will eat almost anything (not necessarily American Chinese). One of my best friends took me out to very traditional Chinese place. We had stewed chicken feet, raw quail eggs, and other yummy stuff. As gross as it all looked, it was all pretty tasty. Although picking the tiny toe bones out of the chicken feet sucked.
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media