New 7" HDSDI and HDMI Monitors from Marshall - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old May 20th, 2009, 10:49 AM   #46
Inner Circle

It is a lot better to use a SDI to HDMI converter because you can use it on ANY monitor with HDMI input (almost all recent screen of any size on the market today, including some PC monitors).

The cost of such adapter is not so high (i got mine form blackmagic) and you do not need to care about the monitor. If the adapter is in the bag, you can be pretty so you will find a screen.

And you can use the converter for other purposes. Like outputting live HD-SDI to you intensity capture card (HDMI input). And if you often get the need to transport hi-def on long distance, you purchase another converter (HDV to SDI or HDMI to SDI) so you can connect a HDMI player on a HDMI video projector with a simple coax cable.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 03:27 PM   #47
DVCreators.Net

Update, the Marshall HDSDI 7" monitors are now shipping. Marshall Electronics 7″ LCD Monitor at DVcreators.net We have them in stock for Canon, JVC, Panasonic, Sony L series and B series battery mounts.

The single HDSDI cable is much nicer than three wire component. Especially if you're using a camera that has the proprietary port and connector that snaps on, it's easy to bend those accidentally. A single BNC connection is more rugged and clean.
Old June 16th, 2009, 06:35 PM   #48
Regular Crew

Great news...where are they?

Hey Guy

Great news about the long awaited release of the SDI version.

Are they listed on the dv creators site yet? Just had a look and couldn't see it listed as one of the options.
Adrian Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 03:54 PM   #49
DVCreators.Net

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for asking, yes, here is the direct link Marshall Electronics 7″ LCD Monitor at DVcreators.net

Kind of cool, Marshall liked the "Calibrating a Broadcast Monitor + New Pro features" video we produced about their 7" LCD monitor and asked if they could put it on their actual product page

Of course I said, "Yes!" That video is result of people here on dvinfo wanting to see more detail on the monitor so, way to go folks! Shot it with the Canon 5D Mark II 100mm macro lens.
Old June 20th, 2009, 01:18 PM   #50
Regular Crew

Sorry dumb question

Hey Guy, or anyone else who can answer this dumb-ass question.

OK so is there a difference between HDSDI and 3GSDI? The most recent Marshall model and the one on the DV Creators site is this one V-LCD70P-3GSDI.

Is this the HDSDI model or is there a specific HDSDI model apart from this.

my apologies in advance if this is the dumbest ass question ever!
Old June 20th, 2009, 01:48 PM   #51
DVCreators.Net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Price View Post
Hey Guy, or anyone else who can answer this dumb-ass question.

OK so is there a difference between HDSDI and 3GSDI? The most recent Marshall model and the one on the DV Creators site is this one V-LCD70P-3GSDI.

Is this the HDSDI model or is there a specific HDSDI model apart from this.

my apologies in advance if this is the dumbest ass question ever!
Not a dumb question at all as this emerging technology is moving so fast it amazes me. The 3G is compatible with all popular flavors of Hdsdi including 10 bit 4:2:2 1080p-60, 1080p-59.94 and 1080p-50 over a single cable - not dual link. See Serial digital interface - Wikipedia

Also, here is the link to the manual:
http://lcdracks.com/monitors/pdf_pag...r2009-0605.pdf

And a little Quote from the manual

"Emulation of SMPTE-C/EBU color space allows the V-LCD70P-3GSDI to replace any broadcast CRT monitor. Presets
include D55, D65 and D93. Bias and Gain adjustment for each color enables precise color matching and white
balance"

Last edited by Guy Cochran; June 20th, 2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: added link to manual
Guy Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 01:56 AM   #52
Regular Crew

Cheers

Thanks Guy for the speedy reply, very helpful info.

Will definitely be looking at this monitor as my next purchase.

BTW Vimeo has done something horrible to the audio of the Calibrating Clip! Might require a re upload :(

Thanks again Guy, keep shooting!
Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:48 AM   #53
DVCreators.Net

Quote:
Thanks Guy for the speedy reply, very helpful info.

Will definitely be looking at this monitor as my next purchase.

BTW Vimeo has done something horrible to the audio of the Calibrating Clip! Might require a re upload :(

Thanks again Guy, keep shooting!
Cool. I tested the Calibrating a Broadcast Monitor + New Pro Features on Vimeo on a few computers and it sounded fine. It must be a codec issue. Maybe upgrade to the latest version of Flash? Anyone else having the same problem? That must be what Mike Horton was talking about in the comments field of the Vimeo video...geez and I thought he was talkin' smack about my dry VO read!
You can also watch here YouTube - Calibrating a Professional HD monitor
Old June 23rd, 2009, 03:28 PM   #54
Regular Crew

Red

Guy,

Do you know if any of the new 7" Marshalls can be scaled to include the menu information from the Red One HD-SDI or HDMI feeds? If they could, it would open up a new market for them.
Scott Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 06:23 PM   #55
Regular Crew

bad audio bad!

Hey Guy.

Upgraded to flash player 10 but still weird audio with the clip. Here's what it sounds like.
Attached Files
File Type: mov bad audio...001.mov (4.97 MB, 190 views)
Old June 23rd, 2009, 08:29 PM   #56
DVCreators.Net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Webster View Post
Guy,

Do you know if any of the new 7" Marshalls can be scaled to include the menu information from the Red One HD-SDI or HDMI feeds? If they could, it would open up a new market for them.
Hi Scott, is the menu information being placed in the overscan area?.....still saving up for my RED :) In the Video Configuration menu of the monitor there is an option for "Full Screen, 16:9 and 4:3). You can also turn Markers on to show 95% safe, 93%,90,88,85 and 80. In that excess area you can make it Black or have it show Full Screen.
There is also a Underscan option, however it defaults to "Disabled" with an HD source.

@Adrian, thanks for the audio clip. I'll have to re-encode and upload the clip. That's the cool thing over YouTube, Vimeo lets you replace the vid.
Old August 28th, 2009, 06:43 AM   #57
Regular Crew

Sdi??

Have taken delivery of the 3G/SDI model of these monitors, great build, pretty good looking image from the video out option, but for the life of me can't get the SDI input to work?!

Am using with an EX3 and have been through the monitor menu at least 50 times trying different combinations but still can't get the monitor to read the SDI signal, in fact I just keep getting the same "No Signal" message.

Anyone have any ideas??
Old August 28th, 2009, 10:05 AM   #58
DVCreators.Net

Quote:
Have taken delivery of the 3G/SDI model of these monitors, great build, pretty good looking image from the video out option, but for the life of me can't get the SDI input to work?!

Am using with an EX3 and have been through the monitor menu at least 50 times trying different combinations but still can't get the monitor to read the SDI signal, in fact I just keep getting the same "No Signal" message.

Anyone have any ideas??
It's most likely an option in the Camera menu to output SDI. It's been awhile since I used an EX3, but on our rigs we were running Component and HDSDI out at the same time. It's one of the few cameras that allow that. A lot of them you have to choose one or the other, so both your Outs on the camera should be live at all times. Do you have any other HDSDI devices that you can test with? Like an AJA, Matrox or Blackmagic IO card?
Also give Marshall a call at 1-800-800-6608
If you purchased the monitor from us, we can get another out to you right away if it is indeed an issue with the actual SDI port.
Old October 10th, 2009, 07:33 PM   #59
Major Player

I'm interested in the Marshall V-LCD70P but not sure which one would work best with my JVC GY-HM100. Could someone tell me which one I should get?

thanks
Old October 10th, 2009, 08:44 PM   #60
DVCreators.Net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajito Nagib View Post
I'm interested in the Marshall V-LCD70P but not sure which one would work best with my JVC GY-HM100. Could someone tell me which one I should get?

thanks
The JVC GY-HM100 has HDMI and component outputs. You'd get the highest quality output with the pure digital HDMI port rather than the analog component output. So, I'd choose the Marshall which feature HDMI for that particular camera. Marshall Electronics 7″ LCD Monitor at DVcreators.net

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software