Small HD Finally is here - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old May 26th, 2009, 04:17 PM   #76
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Carlson View Post
Does anyone know if we'll be getting shipping confirmation numbers today? Or when they'll be shipping?
Haven't gotten any info today, and currently at 3:16pm west coast time, I doubt we'll see anything today, as it's 3 hours later on the east coast.

I'm hopeful, but not sure what's up. I'd love some word from Dale about the status of shipments, which were originally slated for yesterday (but that obviously wouldn't have happened being as it was a holiday)
Trevor Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 06:35 AM   #77
Major Player

I got a message from dale saying mine would ship "later in the week", so I'll wait until monday to start gathering torches and pitchforks. hehe.

He's at the mercy of when the various components finally arrive to him, so I'm sure his anxiety =my anxiety*(the number of preorders)+anxiety for how that effects future perception/sales.

On a related note... BH was mysteriously "accepting orders" instead of in stock on the noga arm, so I ordered one from adorama. Got a notice a day later they were backordered for 11-14 days. I honestly never considered that a major mail order place wouldn't have their ordering system linked to their inventory. Tres 1997! Now it looks like the smallhd will arrive long before the arm for it. Its not ironic really... although that *is* the exact opposite of what i thought would happen. doh.
Andrew Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 07:28 AM   #78
Regular Crew

Hi Andrew!
What is your smallHD order noumber? (just the 3 last digit)
THX
Miklos Konczol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #79
Regular Crew

I'm sure Dale is getting an overwhelming supply of emails, but I was informed by him that my order is shipping out today and that I should have it by Friday. This is great news as I leave next week on a large filming trip and needed the monitor for that shoot.
Thanks again Dale!
Old May 27th, 2009, 10:28 PM   #80
Major Player

i sure hope so. i ordered with 3 day shipping with the hopes of having mine by friday (assuming a tuesday ship) but with no shipping confirmation I'm getting a bit worried about that actually happening.
Old May 28th, 2009, 01:27 PM   #81
Regular Crew

I spoke with some one on the phone today and he said that the orders will be shipping today and tomorrow and that I would get an email with tracking number once it does.
John Saunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:43 PM   #82
Major Player

just got this via e-mail a couple of minutes ago:

Quote:
Info about your DP1 Shipment:
Hey Everyone,

We wanted to update you all on the status of your preordered DP1s as a group. We have begun shipping units as of yesterday. By the end of tomorrow about 80% of the units will have shipped. You will receive a UPS tracking notification when this happens. The remaining units will ship on Monday.

Also, since we missed our anticipated ship date by a couple days, we switched everyone to 2-Day UPS shipping, regardless of what you chose. (Unless of course you opted for next day)

Thank you to everyone who put their faith in us early on, and we hope you enjoy your DP1!

Best Regards,
Dale
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:46 PM   #83
Trustee

I got the email too. I wonder how many they got out yesterday and today. I haven't received a tracking number yet :(.

Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:47 PM   #84
Regular Crew

I never got a tracking number either, but Dale told me that mine probably shipped out yesterday as it was one of the first ones.
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:51 PM   #85
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Carlson View Post
I never got a tracking number either, but Dale told me that mine probably shipped out yesterday as it was one of the first ones.
i think our orders were fairly close together, so i'm hoping mine is on the way as well.

either way, i'm glad they sent an email out - hopefully it calmed some of those easily-agitated nerves.

me? i'm just freaking excited to get my smallHD!

now, which articulated arm to get? I'm so confused by all of these options.
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:54 PM   #86
Trustee

Hi Justin,

What was your order number?

Garrett
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:54 PM   #87
Regular Crew

Is was: 283051
Old May 28th, 2009, 05:02 PM   #88
Trustee

Thanks Justin,

Mine was 108. Hope my unit went out by today.

Trevor, I was trying to figure out how to hook mine up too. I've got a Sachtler tripod and was trying to figure out how to connect it to that so it moves with the camera like a broadcast pedestal unit. He actually suggested trying to connect something into the left side pan handle point since I only use one. He suggested using a mic gooseneck for maximum flexibility in where the monitor could be positioned. A pretty good idea so tonight I'm off to Guitar Center to look for one.

Garrett
Old May 28th, 2009, 06:29 PM   #89
Inner Circle

Good evening,

I was number 45 if i recall, I have no notice from UPS yet, but that does not surprise me from ups.

I have been trying to delay my excitement until I know ity has shipped. I am really keen to put it into action. I take off on an important shoot Saturday morning, I am certain it wont be here tomarrow. Heck overnight shipping in Canada usually takes three days. Two day shipping, perhaps a week.

I am going to build my own camera mount. Will start on that tomarrow.
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:25 AM   #90
Trustee

I woke up this morning, checked emails, and noticed an email from UPS saying that my SmallHD delivery is scheduled for Tuesday!

Now I'll be tracking the dang package through the whole weekend...

Thanks Dale
Garrett Low is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software