Small HD Finally is here - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old May 5th, 2009, 05:44 AM   #46
Regular Crew

I'm with you. Looking forward to being able to focus my Letus Elite in HD.
I hope it comes quickly though. I have a shoot down in Guatemala on June 4th that I would need a monitor for.
Here's hoping!
Old May 5th, 2009, 06:01 AM   #47
Major Player

if you selected something like two-day shipping, you should be good to go. You're in Canada, so it could take a little longer - you may want to speak with Dale about this and see if you need to upgrade shipping or something.

Enjoy!
Trevor Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 06:38 AM   #48
Regular Crew

Yeah, I fired him off an email. Hopefully he'll have time to read it as I'm sure he's getting a ton right now.
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:46 AM   #49
Regular Crew

I ordered at 12:35 PM or so EST

1 black monitor
1 battery
1 sunhood
1 battery holder

I figured I'd punt on the bracket and an additional battery until I figure out my needs, etc

Order 283865, IIRC

I think we must guess that these order numbers might not be smallHD's but serial across all merchant/clients of the checkout intermediary.

I hope SmallHD makes a success of this and sends me a dandy monitor. I am very new at film making, and my friend and I have repeatedly made gross mistakes in scene composition simply because we can't both see what is going on when everyone is in position. This should help, in addition to making focusing easier.

tone
Anthony Lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:09 AM   #50
Regular Crew

Order 283865, IIRC

UHHHH CRAZYYYY!!!!

at least 865 pieces SOLD LCD on one day!

(my Order # is: 283203)

THIS IS DALE'S NEW DEAL :)
Miklos Konczol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #51
Regular Crew

I was sitting at my computer waiting for there website to change and when it didn't I checked my email and saw that they sent the link before the main page was switched over. I think I lost a few valuable minutes =(

Order #283053
I had to get one of everything... When I spend money I spend money. Now I'm thinking about it though I should have ordered 2 batteries.

I can't wait for it to come in.

Oh and here is a link with some pictures of the prototype I found.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...t=29405&page=2

It's like halfway down the page

Last edited by John Saunders; May 5th, 2009 at 12:20 PM. Reason: forgot something
John Saunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:02 PM   #52
Inner Circle

Trevor,

If you were number three that would make me number 1, thats gotta be a first for me!

well, it is here.

my purchase order number 283045

Mine was finished being placed at 12:03 Ten o clock here.
Old May 5th, 2009, 04:41 PM   #53
Regular Crew

So I found this online to convert HD-SDI to HDMI to I can plug in my EX1 into the SmallHD DP1 with an HDMI cable. Does anyone know if they make a p-tap connector that could plug into this AJA box so I can run it off my Bebob Cocoa-EX?

AJA | Hi5 HD-SDI/SDI to HDMI Video and Audio Converter | HI5
Old May 5th, 2009, 04:52 PM   #54
Inner Circle

You need 5 Volts power supply. From anything higher than 7V , a simple voltage regulator should fit.

I use almost the same (from Convergent Design) on a ManhattanLCD , and it works very well.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 05:01 PM   #55
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Guthormsen View Post
Trevor,

If you were number three that would make me number 1, thats gotta be a first for me!

well, it is here.

my purchase order number 283045

Mine was finished being placed at 12:03 Ten o clock here.
heh.. sweet! yeah, i finished mine at 12:03 as well, but probably the later part of the minute. I spoke with Dale a few minutes afterwards and they already had 5 orders, so I can only imagine that this preorder period has done well for them. Congrats Dale and everyone at smallHD! I am jazzed to be able to support you guys, and I look forward to seeing other future products from you :)
Old May 5th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #56
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Meeks View Post
heh.. sweet! yeah, i finished mine at 12:03 as well, but probably the later part of the minute. I spoke with Dale a few minutes afterwards and they already had 5 orders, so I can only imagine that this preorder period has done well for them. Congrats Dale and everyone at smallHD! I am jazzed to be able to support you guys, and I look forward to seeing other future products from you :)
I somehow managed to get to the order screen at 8:50pm (PST), fill my cart up but got held up when Chase placed a temp fraud hold on my CC due to it being a Internet transaction for a larger amount. Anyway it was probably a good thing but delayed my order by at least 20 minutes while I dealt with it...

Shame I won't get the monitor until the end of the month as I am right in the middle of a shoot and would love to give it a good, real-world test by putting it through its paces during production.
Leo Versola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 07:36 PM   #57
Inner Circle

Good evening,

I have almost always, at least tchnology wise, been a tailgater. let them bring the products out, sort out the early issue problems, and then if it proves viable make a move on it.

this year i broke the mold twice, once getting an I7 quad computer, and then the obvious, the small hd.

This one was almost a no brainer for me as far as its tchno use!! I need it badly for a current 6 month project.

I cast Faith in dale and his crew to get the product to us!!

This is potentially going to be one of my most important tools. Hope it holds up to my expectations.

I will cast the boquets when I have it in hand!!!

I might add, that if I had been simply browsing this forum I would not have even known the small hd was on the block!! Thanks dv info net.

anxiously waiting.

Wonder what the shipping time frame is going to be???
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #58
Major Player

Orders will begin shipping on the 25th... so in 20 days.
Old May 6th, 2009, 08:26 AM   #59
Major Player

Pre-order no more available. How much did you pay for each piece of gear (including any accessory) ?
Mathieu Kassovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 08:42 AM   #60
Regular Crew

SmallHD.com - 8.9" High Definition - the DP1

Our monitors cost $749 ($75 less than it will be for others -- or did we pay $675 and others will pay $749?)
A neoprene jacket for carrying it safely around was also a free bonus to us, but $25 to others.
Square bracket to permit it to flip over: $35
Fabric sun hood: $49
Battery with charger: $59
Battery mounting bracket: $19
Anthony Lovell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software