Vegas Video discussions from 2003 - Page 79 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old September 25th, 2003, 01:56 PM   #1171
Inner Circle

do you need to de-interlace?
Old September 25th, 2003, 02:02 PM   #1172
Inner Circle

If they shot a scene twice, once with a blue screen and without a blue screen then it would be easy.

You might be able to pull off a difference key if the background is not moving. Not sure how to do this in Vegas.

Another option is to use secondary color correction. You want to de-saturate everything except for a certain band of colors (the color of the subject's shirt maybe). That was what Edward was getting it. Unfortunately I don't know how to do this in Vegas. If you colors you want to keep are in the background then you have to mask them out- this can be really time consuming if the background is moving or if the subject moves over the portion of the background with that range of color.
Old September 25th, 2003, 03:07 PM   #1173
Trustee

OHH One more question: If I repair the program as you say, will it overwrite the 4.0d bug fix upgrade I downloaded and installed from Sonic Foundry?
Old September 25th, 2003, 03:13 PM   #1174
Sponsor: JET DV

Repair WITH the 4.0d setup program. Once you have the 4.0d setup, you don't need ANY of the previous ones.
Old September 25th, 2003, 07:53 PM   #1175
Trustee

John, what is the reason for step #4, demuxxing?
Old September 25th, 2003, 09:19 PM   #1176
Rextilleon

Clips Moving Around Bins

I am working on an extremely long documentary with a ton of clips etc. My work process is to go through my footage via Explorer, preview the clips then place them into one of the bins I have set up. Very strange things are happening---first of all, ever so often I get a complete freeze and Vegas shuts down after showing me the dialog--fatal error---On other occasions I have placed clips into a specific bin, and they appear to be there but when I check later they are gone---Anyone have any answers---I am under deadline and I am beginning to worry. Thanks
Old September 26th, 2003, 03:13 AM   #1177
Regular Crew

I am not sure of this but, I have understand it this way:

**DEMUXING**
When the camera exports the videofiles it "streams" them over firewire to the computer and because of that the video files arenīt closed with "index" like odinary files. The demuxing stage fixes this so that they could be used in ordinary programs like VEGAS and windows media player and so on. Many will tell you that VEGAS handle transport streams directly -And it does, but I have noticed that the demuxing process does make the files more easy to use when you play them and when you edit them.

Maybe someone else could explain it better and more "correct"!
Old September 26th, 2003, 06:07 AM   #1178
Trustee

Dear Edward:

Two things. 1) I went into the program after work today and lo and behold, the triangles were there! Well now, that reboot idea of yours worked.

BUT... 2) In case this happens again, what exactly did you mean by your last post? Did you mean:

a) Just click on the 4.0d upgrade icon that I downloaded from Sonic Foundry -OR-

b) Re-install from the 4.0 cd that I purchased through the mail from Sonic Foundry and then hit the 4.0d upgrade icon?

These must seem like stupid questions. I'm sorry.
Old September 26th, 2003, 06:08 AM   #1179
Trustee

Now that I re-read your post, I think you mean I should just click my 4.0d icon, right?

By the way, is that 4.0d bug fix I downloaded the complete Vegas program? Just curious.
Old September 26th, 2003, 07:23 AM   #1180

Yes, I meant the 4.0d update only. Each release is the FULL version. With the 4.0d update you don't need the CD. If you ever need to reinstall, just use the 4.0d download.

I really suspected a reboot would work in this case. Glad you got your triangles back.
Old September 26th, 2003, 07:27 AM   #1181

I don't really have an answer to the bin problem but, possibly, and alternate solution:

Why not use the Explorer to create folders as your bins? I always use the explorer window. The ONLY time I look in bins is to get a use count on clips - and I do that very infrequently.
Old September 26th, 2003, 08:34 AM   #1182
Inner Circle

i think its the interlacing field playing havic... but i also think its becuase ive re-rendered an mpg2 which is causing the stop motion effect on some slo mo's

im rendering the piece as DV only and seeing where tha ttakes me...
Old September 26th, 2003, 08:41 AM   #1183
Trustee

Edward:

You're the best. Thanks a million. And yes, we do love our triangles, don;t we?
Old September 28th, 2003, 10:30 AM   #1184
Regular Crew

Transferring project from Vegas to DVD Architect.

Hey guys,

What is the easiest way to transfer a project form Vegas to DVD architect?

I recently completed a project in Vegas 4.0 that was 2 hours in length and I created my masters on mini-dv using two tapes created on my GL2 via firewire. Is there anyway to transfer the entire finished project from Vegas to DVD Architect?

Is capturing footage of my mastered mini -dv tapes into DVD Arch. and then rendering my only option?

Can someone please help? There has to be an easier way. Does DVD Arch. work independently thus not excepting .veg project from Vegas 4.0?

BTY The project is still rendered in Vegas for printing to DV. Is there anyway to transfer this ti DVD ARch.?

Please help.

Thanks in Advance,

Al Rodgers
Old September 28th, 2003, 12:56 PM   #1185
Regular Crew

What's a good 5.1 Sound Card for Vegas Editing

I want to use the surround sound features in VV4 but need to get a 5.1 sound card and speakers. I remember reading on this site along time ago that some sound cards are a little buggy, or someting like that. Anyway, I have a soundblaster live and was considering getting the soundblaster audigy platinum. Has anyone used this succesfully with Vegas for surround sound or have any other recommendation or advice? Thanks.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...