Monopod to shoot over crowd? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Additional Camera Support Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old July 25th, 2022, 04:13 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Monopod to shoot over crowd?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla-...-COM/312621531
Attached Thumbnails
Monopod to shoot over crowd?-stepstool.png  
Patrick Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2022, 06:42 PM   #17
Inner Circle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_pa..._show_2005.jpg
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2022, 04:09 PM   #18
Major Player

Depending on your camera and budget, here's what I'd do with the FX3: Mount it to a gimbal, Mount that gimbal to a monopod, That should already put you near 7 feet, assuming a 6' reach on the monopod and the additional 1' of mounted gimbal. This gives multiple benefits: helps tame micro-jitters, provides pan/tilt remote support (most gimbals have apps for remote operation), and if you can mount a monitor at eye level (on the monopod, you won't crane your neck.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2022, 04:55 PM   #19
Vortex Media

That might work for a few shots, but ultimately there will be no way to get a variety of angles, focal lengths, etc. that are necessary to cut together an interesting video.

The OP sad "I want to shoot some video of a parade."

What does that mean? A few stand-alone shots that can all look very similar? Or does he want to cut together an interesting highlights reel? Without more information it is really hard to say what will and won't work. But I still say getting out on the street and moving with the parade is the best idea no matter what you do with the footage.
Old July 28th, 2022, 03:18 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren Arieli View Post
(most gimbals have apps for remote operation)
Didn't think about that option as I never have used it with my gimbal but that mounted together with a ext monitor to the monopod would indeed give better control in pointing the camera instead of just leaning the monopod for-or backwards to adjust the tiltangle like I suggested. He could still quickly collaps the monopod if he wants to get some shots from a "normal" height and the gimbal will keep it very smooth and level.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Additional Camera Support Topics