DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/34666-adobe-premiere-premiere-pro-discussions-2005-a.html)

Jared Thomas June 7th, 2005 02:10 PM

ok cool, thanks guys.

Harry Lender June 7th, 2005 03:32 PM

Tyge
Thanks for your suggestion. You did great explaining. I understood completely. I did reshoot the scene and it turned out much better.

Thanks again
Harry

David Yuen June 7th, 2005 05:28 PM

Trim to the desired frame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jared Thomas
for the life of me i cant figure out how to get one frame to lengthen to where it holds that one frame for mutiple seconds. ive tried to right click the fram and select frame hold and then select hold on...but when i lengthen the frame it hold the frame at the first of the clip where i lengthened it to....does that make sense??....im sure its really easy, but im just getting frustrated. any help would deffinitley be appreciated. thanks so much.

In case it still bothers you, you need to trim the front end of the clip to the point at which you want the frame to hold. You'll have to zoom in to maximum to make sure it's at the right frame.

Then do what you did with the right-click.

There are a couple ways to trim - you can adjust the start of the clip or you can razor it right at the frame.

One consideration is: do you have enough footage to stretch it out to the desired length? If not, you can adjust the duration by "slowing" it down (keyboard shortcut "x").

Patrick Jenkins June 7th, 2005 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathaniel Sisson
Here is what I am trying to get:
http://zionfilmworks.com/Pictures/DOTH.jpg

Here is the closest I seem to be able to get in Premiere Pro:
http://zionfilmworks.com/Pictures/DOTH%20PP.jpg

That's a dead easy effect to do in Photoshop (if you have it). It's using the Outer Glow dynamic effect.

*edit, doh, just saw the other post

Jimmy McKenzie June 8th, 2005 09:28 AM

Capture audio2 12 bit in Pro

I have yet to capture the second track Audio2 handle connections from the XL1 when in 12 bit mode in Premiere Pro.
Has anyone done this with PPro?
I know scenealyzer will do this, but it would be nice to keep this project intact in Premiere for archive purposes.

Hart Boyd June 8th, 2005 11:03 AM

Premiere can only capture one set of audio tracks at a time. If you need the other two you will have to change the audio capture setting to the others and recapture everything again.

Jimmy McKenzie June 8th, 2005 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart Boyd
Premiere can only capture one set of audio tracks at a time. If you need the other two you will have to change the audio capture setting to the others and recapture everything again.

Exactly. Have you tried this in PPro? There doesn't seem to be a custom setting for 12 bit audio2 source when attempting to capture.

Edward Troxel June 8th, 2005 01:32 PM

Simple solution: Purchase Scenalyzer Live (about $30 or so)

With Scenalyzer Live you can capture Video + Stereo 1 into an AVI file while simultaneously capturing Stereo 2 into a separate WAV file. One pass capture via firewire for BOTH files.

Jimmy McKenzie June 8th, 2005 07:19 PM

Understood with regard to scenealyzer and it's capabilities. The reason for not wishing to use a 3rd party capture is to maintain the integrity of the backup and long term storage of an offline file and use the source tape as a part of that equation.
So, my appeal is still the same. And as mentioned by Hart this is perhaps possible in PPro.
Has anyone captured the second audio track in 12 bit mode in PPro?
Hart?
Thanks ...

Hart Boyd June 9th, 2005 05:08 AM

I was looking for the setting in PPPro 1.5 and for the life of me I can't seem to find the setting now. I know I have done this in the past but that might have been an older version of Premiere but in the help section of PPro there was this note:

"Note: Although the DV format can record two independent stereo audio pairs, you cannot capture the Stereo 2 pair in Windows."

Sorry if I mislead anyone but I thought I remembered doing it in the past before finding Scenealyzer since I wanted to capture everything in one pass.

Jimmy McKenzie June 9th, 2005 09:35 AM

Thanks for the investigative work. I ended up using old premiere with the old realtime board and this worked out ok. It means an extra psq file for backup, but restoration of the project remains intact.
Nice work Hart.

Ken E. Williams June 9th, 2005 02:19 PM

Premiere Pro 1.5 crash without error message

Has anyone else experienced Premiere Pro 1.5 just quitting and disappearing with no error messages?

The last time this happened, I had just rendered a complex 30 minute program. I clicked on the timeline and suddenly no more Premiere Pro! I haven't seen a pattern except to say it usually happens during final editing or rendering of a project - and of course when there is a deadline due :)

On restarting PPro there were no messages but most of the 'render bar' on the timeline was red again - all the new rendering was suddenly 'lost'. The XP system (512 MB RAM, 2 hard drives each with 20 GB free) and other applications appear to have no problems.

Anyone have an idea about this?

Thanks, Ken W.

Ken E. Williams June 9th, 2005 02:30 PM

You may find the glow effect that you want is already available in a Style Library (a preset within Title Designer). Look at Tim Kolb's Premiere Pro Style library. For info & free download, see this page: http://www.stevengotz.com/premierepro.htm

Greg Jacobson June 9th, 2005 10:02 PM

White flash transition

I know Vegas has a white flash transition but do not see one in Premeire Pro.

Is there an easy way to create one of these or some type of plug in?

Ed Smith June 10th, 2005 02:23 AM

Yep, Premiere has a White flash transition.

I believe its called Addictive Dissolve.

Hope this helps,