Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old January 8th, 2003, 03:47 PM   #16
New Boot

thanks

Hey thanks for the quick response!

Jeremy
Old January 8th, 2003, 05:16 PM   #17
RED Code Chef

If you really need to have one frame still (ie, without INSERTING
a new frame) you can switch to 1 frame edit mode (in the lower
left) and razor cut the clip in 3 parts where the middle part is 1
frame long. This will become a new clip which you can adjust the
time off.

Almost the same thing as Robert mentioned but not exactly.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old January 10th, 2003, 07:27 AM   #18
Regular Crew

With your cursor over the frame you want to freeze, press Control+Shift+M. This will create a seperate still image of your freeze that you can then inport into premiere and edit in at any length.
Old January 15th, 2003, 01:10 AM   #19
New Boot

Problems with editing titles in Premiere...

Lately, I've been having problems editing titles (and making new ones) in Premiere. Whenever I make a new title, the text is always gray, and even if I change the color, it is gray when I move it to the Premiere project, and appears as if it is overlayed/screened. Also, when I play with the audio rubber bands (on the audio) in attempt to fade out, it doesn't. It doesn't affect it at all.

Is this just a matter of clicking a few boxes to solve the problem, or is Premiere itself defective...?

Thanks
Old January 15th, 2003, 07:21 AM   #20
Capt. Quirk

I have never really had these problems with Premiere 6, and never did much titling with 5... What Version are you using? Keep at it, I know you'll get it.
Keith
Old January 19th, 2003, 03:14 AM   #21
Major Player

Gradual slow to full speed in Premiere?

Hi,
Is it possible to do a gradual slow motion speed up to 100% speed in Premiere? I know how to do a "normal" slow motion speed up to directly full speed, but is not slow and gradual. Is this even possible? Thanks!

(I am using Premiere 6)
Old January 19th, 2003, 01:22 PM   #22
Major Player

I was wondering that myself a few months ago. I think the proper term for it is 'ramping,' and there's no real way to do it in Premiere, other than splitting your clip into short segments and increasing the speed like that.

I think there's something in After Effects called ramped slow motion that might work, if you have access to AE.
Old January 20th, 2003, 02:23 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Ramping

Scott,
When you say gradual, do you really mean slowly moving from slow motion to normal or are you talking about that sudden jump from normal to fast and then returning to normal such as an effect as in music videos? If it's the latter, Alex is correct about splitting the clips. Just choose the point in the clip where you want this to occur and razor the clip. Next, change the second half of the clip to the desired speed. I usually use 300%-500%. It should be a seemless ramp without a glitch. I've done it many times. You can also do normal to slow with a lower value. I wouldn't use anything below 50% though. In this case, I think I have ocassionally had to roll a couple or so frames on the adusted clip because of a glitch in the ramp.
Old January 20th, 2003, 01:38 PM   #24
Major Player

James,
Thanks for the reply. I know how to do the jump from fast to slow or normal to fast etc. I was looing to have somthing in slow motion and then have it slowly become faster until it was at the normal speed (100%). I haven't found a way to do this yet. I need to learn AE so I can start playing around in it. AE is a very complicated and complex program! Thanks.
Old January 20th, 2003, 08:38 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Ramping

Scott,
Can you give me an example of something that demonstrates this effect. The only thing I can think of is to razor the clip into several small segments each with varying speeds up to 100%. I definitely think you will have to roll in or out frames on the ends of each segment to remove any glitches that may occur. Whadaya think?
Old January 20th, 2003, 10:38 PM   #26
Major Player

James,
Sorry, I am not quite understanding what your are saying. I thought about slicing my footage into little pieces and increasing the speed on each one, but that would be a lot of work and wouldn't look very good. It would be choppy, I think. I will try it when I get a free moment. What exactly do you mean I "will have to roll in or out frames on the end of each segment to remove any glitches that may occur"? Sorry this may be a video term I am not understanding. Thanks for your help.
Old January 20th, 2003, 10:54 PM   #27
Regular Crew

Rolling Frames

You can roll frames in and out on a clip (beginning or end) in the timeline by using the default tool. The most accurate is to zoom to frame level and grab the edge of the clip, left click and drag (roll) frames to realign at the cuts. It can be time consuming but you can keep doing this until the cuts are smooth with your desired effect. It's the same as cutting or adding one frame at a time with a clip but quicker.
Old January 21st, 2003, 01:57 AM   #28
Daniel Engberg

Had the exact same problem.

I had been working on this huge project and everyonce in a while i saved the project file since i know from experiences that Premiere can crash...cousing loads of damage :)

Then it crashed and i tried opening the file but no...all clips renamed to -1 and there was nothing on the timeline..

However, i solved it yeasterday!!
I opened the original project file in notepad and tried to find the "RATE=100,00" but they seemed to be correct with a . instead of , ... Then i found the dir called Project-Archive where Premiere kinda auto-saves the project and found myself with 4 old copies of my project.

Only one of the earliest of these worked.. :( but then i compared the latest one of these with the original and found that this line had been blanked in the original
markers=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

And in the archived version:
markers=174750,174899,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1

My guess is that this parameter tells premiere where to put the clip on the timeline..no?

Then i continued browsing the archived file and found that the RATE=100 parameter was set with , instead of . .... YEEEEHAAA!!

All i did was send this file onto the http:// ASP script thingebob listet in this topic and then the file worked fine again!!!

Plz tell Adobe to fix this error :)))

Hope this helps you out..
-StumdoeS

Old January 21st, 2003, 08:23 AM   #29
New Boot

A Premiere Challenge for ya

I am interested in having a still image of a map with a red stain slowly consume the land. Jetting out to the cities first and then engulfing the less populated areas. This has been seen in many WWII movies showing the Axis advances.

So How do you do that? I have Premiere 6.5, Photoshop 7, Illustrator 10, and After Effects.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated
Old January 21st, 2003, 09:38 AM   #30
Major Player

I would probably do this with After Effects. Make your map as two Photoshop layers: one with the normal map, and one with a big red layer that covers all of what you want it to cover when the red is finished. Set the opacity down a bit so you can still see the map.

Import it into AE as a Composition, this will automatically separate the layers for you (thank you Adobe!). Now, take the red layer and make a mask that starts off with the red invisible but then moves slowly downward (or whichever direction) until everything is visible.

Hope that helps!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite