Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old January 21st, 2003, 12:17 PM   #31
Sponsor: JET DV

Or, try Vegas - it ramps like a dream. Just add a velocity envelope and you can ramp from -100% to 300%. You can easily go from 100% and gradually slowdown to a freeze frame and then gradually speed up again to 100%.
Old January 21st, 2003, 12:55 PM   #32
Regular Crew

There was a tutoral of an effect very similar to this on dvgarage. Free registration and some very interesting tutorials on stuff like AE and modellers.

http://www.dvgarage.com Check in "past tutorals", it's the last one there (#22).
Old January 21st, 2003, 05:57 PM   #33
New Boot

Seems to me that a gradient wipe is pretty much the same idea. Not sure of the details, but this is where I would start thinking.
Old January 22nd, 2003, 09:26 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Yeah, that's pretty much how the DVgarage tutoral does it. They multilayer the wipe though, so it's a gradient overlayed with a grunge texture so you have a more "organic" reveal. You could use this same kind of thing for the map, and build two gradient maps to overlay, one basic gradient from your centerpoint out, and then another where you use photoshop to slop on dark spots in the more populated, "faster taken" areas. combine the gradients and do your wipe, it should get a cool effect.
Old January 23rd, 2003, 06:02 AM   #35
Regular Crew

Great site! Like how they explain step by step the "lightsaber" fight they have created. I have a feeling I will be there quite often =)
Old January 23rd, 2003, 08:39 AM   #36
New Boot

Thanks!

Thank you all for your help. With your help I got exactly what I wanted and it looks great! I went ahead and did a gradient wipe in Premiere. Still need to do some touching up on it...decide if I want to go with red or another color.

If you all would like to take a look at something close to the final take a look here: www.smyrnaministries.org/video/map.rm

Thanks everyone!
Old January 23rd, 2003, 09:41 AM   #37
Regular Crew

Vegas is what you need: it's so easy ! It has a curve envelope, and you can add any points you want and make the perfect curve you need. It goes up to 300%, and down to 0%, and it's not all, you can reverse down to -100% !!!!

See the post on Vegas 4 beta: there's a link to download this version.
Old January 23rd, 2003, 08:38 PM   #38
Major Player

Audio rate sync problem in Premiere (48kHz not really equal to 48kHz)

What is below was in response to this thread in the Mac Post Production Forum: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...&threadid=6190

I think I am having this same problem on my PC in Premiere 6. My audio sources claim to be 48 kHz and it is synced up in the beginning, but by the end of my video (about 45 minutes) the audio is significantly out of sync with the video. Does any one here know how to fix this problem on a PC?
Old January 23rd, 2003, 11:16 PM   #39
Regular Crew

Sync Issue

I had a similar issue when I first got my NLE. The problem was that Premiere and the Matrox DTV card/software were fighting for control of the audio. When I changed the settings in the stock computer sound card and gave the Matrox card control everything was then in sync. Recently I have had random and short sync issues but they go away with a restart of Premiere and/or the computer. Also, some of the projects have been large and some clips quite long. It never seems to happen with short clips or projects.
Old January 24th, 2003, 05:40 AM   #40
RED Code Chef

Scott, did you record your audio on a seperate device or with
the camera that also shot your video?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old January 26th, 2003, 11:59 PM   #41
Major Player

How to get best quality DV capture in PC with Premiere 6.5?

Hey, I just got my Panasonic pv-dv852 (1.2 megapixels) and it's a great camera. I just shot some random footage outside my apartment complex handheld just walking around and captured it in Premiere 6.5. The file size is huge but the video doesn't seem SUPER and the avi it captured is rather small on my screen. Is this because I was walking around and the digital camcorders don't do well when jerked this much or what? When I set it to 200% larger size (which is obviously alot bigger) the video quality ofcourse drops. If I burned one of these movies on a video CD or DVD, how much magnification would be done to make the movie fill the TV screen? Is all DV footage always 720X480? This seems rather small. I have my resolution on my computer set at 1024 X 768. What are some tips to get the best video capture quality or processes to run to make video look the best possible when capturing on a pc? By the way, my computer specs are: (p4 2.4 gigahertz, a gigrdram, 128 mg radeon card). That's alot of questions, thanks!
Old January 27th, 2003, 12:17 AM   #42
Major Player

Don't let what you see in the monitor window in Premiere fool you, the quality is probably much better. If you watch that footage through your camera or -- even better -- on a TV, it will look much better. Capturing video with the default settings in Premiere should be fine and will get a nice looking image on the TV screen.

So try looking at it on a camera or TV monitor. If the quality is still crap, tell us and we'll figure it out :)
Old January 27th, 2003, 07:53 AM   #43
RED Code Chef

DV footage will always be 720x480 for NTSC and 720x576 for PAL.
If you capture through firewire off a DV camera you get the
original digital file so you cannot get a lower quality. Keep in mind
that Premiere's preview window is just that, a preview. It can
have less quality and will certainly be at a lower resolution. If
you double-click on the file in the bin it will open a new window
which should be the footage in full resolution and quality.

HTH

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old January 27th, 2003, 05:20 PM   #44
Major Player

Hey, well you guys were right. I ran the footage through just the supplied analog connector to my 36 inch and I was relieved to have a much better picture than I thought. Actually, when I wasn't jolting the camera around while walking, the picture was amazing! Near broadcast! When there is good lighting and the shutterspeed is set right among other things, this dv852 can look amazing as others on this site recommended this camcorder. I guess the little window that the movie played in on my desktop after I exported the file isn't a good representation of how the movie will look on a television not to mention the fact that it's so much smaller on the computer. Thanks guys, no fears now!

-Bryan Roberts
Old January 29th, 2003, 12:50 PM   #45
Registration Incomplete -- contact Admin.

Premiere JPG to AVI conversion

I have attempted to convert my JPG pics to AVI via the method mentioned in the Premiere 6.0 manual. It takes FOREVER!! Does anyone know of a faster way to do that? I'd like to do this because when I'm making mods to the timeline it has to re-render every JPG and it's very frustrating.

Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite