Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 - Page 53 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old November 20th, 2003, 10:58 AM   #781
New Boot

it wont let my export to tape at all and i've tried 2 different firewiresand they both work on other computers and such and my camera eports atwork on the computer so it either has to be the video card or the program...i will try th eveerything you you both said and get back to you thanks very much
Old November 20th, 2003, 11:38 AM   #782
Wrangler

What is the hardware you are using. i.e. firewire card with s-videos whats the Make, and model number?

You might want to upgrade to v6.02 or even v6.5.

Make sure that you are running DV though out. To check this use the settings viewer in the project menu.

Make sure that your DV device control in Premiere is set to sony, with model number vx2000 or generic.

Thanks,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old November 20th, 2003, 12:17 PM   #783
New Boot

I wanna say it was a radeon all in wonder card or something like that..thanks
Old November 20th, 2003, 08:53 PM   #784
Major Player

i have premiere pro with a canopus dv raptor rt2 card and i honestly can't see the need for it.

just premiere pro by itself seems fine.

i called canopus tech support to see if maybe i hadn't installed or properly used the various canopus plug-in's but they weren't very useful.

matthew
Old November 24th, 2003, 07:57 AM   #785
RED Code Chef

Are you tring to export a still from the movie? If so, Premire should
be able to do that at full resolution. Or do you want a screengrab
from Premiere self (the application)?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old November 24th, 2003, 08:29 AM   #786
RED Code Chef

The most important rule is see what works for you. I think the
option when exporting is just to let the playback application
know what format it should expect. I'm not sure if it actually
de-interlaces the footage.

Just experiment with the different settings. When playing back
the footage on your computer you should easily see if it is
de-interlaced or not.

Also resolutions below the half of full resolution don't need
de-interlacing.

Old November 24th, 2003, 11:05 AM   #787
Major Player

Actually, since I needed some decent stills right away and I was familiar with Pics 1.1, I went ahead and bought Paparazzi 2.

It's actually a pretty good program. Comes on a Usb flash drive and stays there. It's not really a frame grabber I'm told, as it takes several frames, compares them, and creates an image from the result. Pretty good at getting rid of video noise and "jaggies". It's not a miracle worker (which is of course what I wanted), but it allows me to get decent 5x7's from video (8x10's if you stand back a bit).

Paparrazi is comparable to Pics 1.1, same technology, only it's a stand alone instead of a Premiere plug-in. It also compensates for "square" pixels (1.1 didn't and I had to resize in Photoshop) and outputs a constant 160 ppi regardless of size (1.1 was 72 but at 20 some odd inches it worked.)

It's a lot faster to use than other things I tried, I was just hoping to spend less money.

Premiere exports full resolution, I just needed better.

Brad
Old November 25th, 2003, 12:46 AM   #788
Major Player

premier pro acting not like a pro

I Just got Premier pro a few weeks ago. And I have to say its an amazing program, but today it started kind of skipping just a tad bit. I have a very fast computer? does anyone know what it could be? It only skips sometimes.
Old November 25th, 2003, 04:45 AM   #789
RED Code Chef

That completely depends on a LOT of things, like:

1) your computer spec (including harddisks & operating system)

2) fragmentation of your drives

3) type of footage

4) filters, transitions etc. you are using

5) other programs running (like virus scanners!! or a virus)

6) output device your using (monitor or firewire out for example)

7) camera connected or not

8) project settings

etc. etc.

Old November 25th, 2003, 07:24 AM   #790
Wrangler

Best thing to do is to keep what you captured the same though out the post production process. i.e. if you captured using upper fields make sure you export using upper fields. To find out what settings you are using you can use the settings viewer, I think found in the project menu? make sure all settings are the same through out.

Cheers,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old November 26th, 2003, 06:50 PM   #791
Major Player

ok i was just messing with it again, these are the problems that I'm getting. I can play everything in premier 6.5 PERFECT on my computer and going to another monitor. premier pro plays in my computer good, but when i export to tape on 2 different cameras it like skips sometimes. so it's not my export card, because it works in 6.5, and its not my camera, becuase i have 2 different cameras. I have TONS of space in my harddrive that i store all footage on. I ran a defragmentation today. I scan for viruses a minute ago. WHAT CAN IT BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm getting very pissed off.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH and my COMPUTER IS BIG BLINING. with a 220g hd and a 80g hd p4 and p5
WHOEVERY FIGURES THIS ONE OUT IS THE F...ING MAN
Old November 28th, 2003, 12:25 AM   #792
Regular Crew

ok you have a big HD, this doesn't really effect it that much....but what CPU speed and type. you runing? how much ram? what OS you running
Old November 28th, 2003, 08:34 AM   #793
Regular Crew

Premier Pro Insert problem

Started a project based on a dv capture that went fine. There is audio and video throughout the entire capture. The video and audio play back fine throughout the entire capture. I created a sequence by making clips from the capture. The first three were inserted into the timeline, both audio and video tracks, with no problem. The fourth, after setting in and out points, the "Insert" command will only take the audio, no video. Yes, I have the button set to the "take video and audio" position, and the video track is not locked. The problem persists whether the clip I am trying to insert is 5 seconds or 30 seconds. I don't think I'm doing anything differently than for the first three clips, which took both video and audio. What could be causing this?
I'm a new user of this program so I apologize if I'm missing something obvious. Thank you for any help!
Len
Old December 1st, 2003, 08:22 AM   #794
Major Player

are you using a third party capture board or the 1394 port on a motherboard?

if you reboot and start a new project and try to work with the same files does that make any difference?

i had a project that just got hosed and starting with a fresh one fixed everything.

matthew
Old December 1st, 2003, 12:17 PM   #795
New Boot

mike, your prob. is nothing but a power sharing porblem. Premier Pro depends on processor's power, it eats up lots of CPU's power, coz of it's real time processing capabilities. Previous vertions of Premier used to depend on the Video i/o card. But Pro version doesn't. So, while doing print to tape you need to cut of some power. Disable "full screen preview" on the computer monitor. Then go for print to tape. Your problem should not be there anymore.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite